|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mamaw's maiden name?
2. How old was Vance when his mom and stepdad moved the family to Preble County?
3. Where did Uncle Gary move to open a business?
4. Who intervened when Mamaw almost shot a man for stealing one of the family's cows?
(a) Uncle Pete.
(b) Uncle John.
(c) Uncle Pet.
(d) Uncle David.
5. What is the name of the author's grandfather?
(a) William Jackson.
(b) Jim Vance.
(c) James Ratcliff.
(d) Michael Vance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lindsay's first boyfriend at 13?
2. What percentage of white children lived in neighborhoods with poverty rates above 10% in 2000, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
3. From what post-graduate institution did Vance graduate?
4. What percentage of the public high school's entering freshmen will not make it to graduation in Middletown, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
5. Vance notes in his Introduction that William Julius Wilson, Charles Murray, and others have authored tracts demonstrating that upward mobility fell of in what decade in the U.S.?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)