|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vance describe Papaw teaching him to do during his childhood in Chapter 7?
(a) Ice skate.
(b) Play baseball.
(c) Shoot a BB gun.
2. When did Vance's grandparents leave Jackson, Kentucky to move north?
(a) The late 1950s.
(b) The early 1960s.
(c) The late 1940s.
(d) The late 1970s.
3. From what post-graduate institution did Vance graduate?
(a) Yale Law School.
(b) Harvard Law School.
(c) Princeton Law School.
(d) NYU School of Acting.
4. What was Mamaw's dream-career, according to Vance in Chapter 9?
(a) Becoming a teacher for special needs children.
(b) Becoming a doctor.
(c) Becoming a lawyer for abused and neglected children.
(d) Becoming a supervisor for an orphanage.
5. Who did Lindsay marry after Papaw's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Vance describe the first wave of Scots-Irish immigrants landing in the New World in his Introduction?
2. What percentage of white children lived in neighborhoods with poverty rates above 10% in 2000, according to Vance in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the holler where Mamaw was buried in the family cemetery?
4. Who was the senator that Vance worked for at the Ohio Statehouse while attending college?
5. Where did Uncle Gary move to open a business?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)