Prologue - Chapter 3
1. Vance opens his Introduction by telling the reader that he finds the existence of the book itself to be what?
2. How old does Vance claim to be in the memoir's Introduction?
3. From what post-graduate institution did Vance graduate?
(a) Harvard Law School.
(b) Yale Law School.
(c) NYU School of Acting.
(d) Princeton Law School.
4. When does Vance describe the first wave of Scots-Irish immigrants landing in the New World in his Introduction?
(a) The 19th century.
(b) The 18th century.
(c) The 16th century.
(d) The 17th century.
5. To what region does Vance describe the Scots-Irish immigrants in America largely congregating?
(a) The Mississippi Delta region.
(b) The Rocky Mountain Range.
(c) The Appalachian Mountain Range.
(d) The Pacific Coast Mountain Range.
6. Where did Vance work to save money before going to graduate school?
(a) An online stock trade company.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A floor tile distribution business.
This section contains 3,820 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)