|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita say about her time spent in prison?
2. What did Carl do during the war?
3. What type of songs did Anita choose to sing?
4. How long did Anita manage a leave of absence for from her tour?
5. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
2. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
3. Describe Carl's role in the war and what he and Anita did just before the war ended.
4. Describe Anita's health condition at the end of Chapter 12?
5. Describe Anita and Benny Goodman's relationship.
6. What happened to Joe?
7. Who was Joe from Boston?
8. What did John fear after Joe stayed with he and Anita?
9. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
10. What was the difference with pop and rock and roll artists to jazz artists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Planet Mars initiated Anita into the crowds and mentality of jazz musicians and what it enabled her to do.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Anita's relationship with Benny Goodman and how this relationship differs from all others she had.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and discuss Anita's setback after she published "High Times, Hard Times" and why it was difficult for her to have the contents of her life so exposed to the public.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)