|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of songs did Anita choose to sing?
2. When did Anita get booked throughout the country?
3. What did Carl do during the war?
4. How long did Anita spend with the band she was offered a job with when she was in Hollywood?
5. Who was Vido Musso?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Anita did with Stan Kenton.
2. What happened to Carl and Anita in Chapter 7?
3. Who is John Poole?
4. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
5. What did Anita have to do to be able to sing in cabarets?
6. What happened to Joe?
7. What did John fear after Joe stayed with he and Anita?
8. Who was Joe from Boston?
9. Describe Anita and Benny Goodman's relationship.
10. Describe Carl's role in the war and what he and Anita did just before the war ended.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anita's final withdrawal and who, what and why she was ultimately able to recover from her heroin addiction. How did this give Anita the chance to reach the success she always dreamed of?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Anita had to do in order to play at cabarets in New York City, and its level of importance to Anita and her career.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss Anita's time at the Off-Beat and Chelsea Hotel, and how this particular time was significant to Anita's beginning use of drugs and alcohol.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)