|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the band begin to perform during Chapter 6?
2. Who was Musso's top recording artist?
3. What was a business that took advantage of drunk conventioneers called?
4. Where did Anita follow Carl to?
5. What did Anita and John's life spiral into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
2. What did Anita have to do to be able to sing in cabarets?
3. Describe Vido Musso.
4. What did John fear after Joe stayed with he and Anita?
5. Describe Anita's first chance to pursue her career as a solo artist.
6. What was the difference with pop and rock and roll artists to jazz artists?
7. Who did Anita reconnect with post prison in Chapter 8?
8. What did Anita do before Carl was shipped to war?
9. What happened to Joe?
10. Describe Anita's health condition at the end of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Norman Granz and his attributions to the jazz and "beebop" music industry as well as his connection to Anita.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and discuss Anita's setback after she published "High Times, Hard Times" and why it was difficult for her to have the contents of her life so exposed to the public.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss Anita's relationship with Carl Hoff from it's beginning to its end, and its effect or detriment to Anita.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)