|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Anita's reason for leaving the band and what was she determined to do?
2. Where did Carl and Anita buy a house when the war was almost over?
3. Where does Joe now currently reside?
4. How long was John's probation for?
5. Who was Musso's top recording artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
2. Describe Anita's first chance to pursue her career as a solo artist.
3. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
4. What did John fear after Joe stayed with he and Anita?
5. Who is Norman Granz?
6. Who was Joe from Boston?
7. Who is John Poole?
8. What did Anita have to do to be able to sing in cabarets?
9. How did Anita feel about the band in Chapter 6?
10. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Anita that lived during the Great Depression to the Anita that lived during World War II. How are they similar and how do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how Anita felt like a dual person during the earl 1950's. What made her think she was a good and bad person fighting the other one?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anita's final withdrawal and who, what and why she was ultimately able to recover from her heroin addiction. How did this give Anita the chance to reach the success she always dreamed of?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)