|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music did Anita strictly sing in Chapter 4?
2. Who is Anita's idol in Chapter 3?
3. Where was Trilby or Betty playing by Chapter 3?
4. What did Anita long for during Chapter 2?
5. Where did Anita move after she rejected her second marriage proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Anita run away in Chapter 1?
2. Why did Anita drown her sorrows in cognac and marijuana in the Chelsea Hotel?
3. Describe Anita and Don's relationship.
4. Describe James.
5. How did Anita feel that her mother felt about her?
6. How does Chapter 2 end?
7. Describe Aunt Belle.
8. What did Anita demonstrate her first night at the Off-Beat?
9. Why did Anita give her mom her dance contest money?
10. Who is Gene Kruppa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and explain Anita and Don's relationship from its beginning to its end, and how it affects Anita in future relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anita's final withdrawal and who, what and why she was ultimately able to recover from her heroin addiction. How did this give Anita the chance to reach the success she always dreamed of?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how Anita felt like a dual person during the earl 1950's. What made her think she was a good and bad person fighting the other one?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)