|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anita reunite with Carl after traveling on the road?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) San Francisco.
2. What did John give to Anita?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A hug.
(d) A Bible.
3. Where was John arrested?
(a) In Anita's new car.
(b) In the club.
(c) On the streets.
(d) At home.
4. Who was Vido Musso?
(a) A tenor saxophone player.
(b) A singer.
(c) A producer.
(d) A manager.
5. What did Anita's vocals give the band she worked with in Chapter 7?
(a) Their first million sale recording.
(b) A pocket knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Granz produce with Buddy Bergman?
2. Who raided Carl and Anita's home?
3. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
4. What movie was Anita in?
5. Who introduced Anita to heroin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
2. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
3. Describe what Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
4. What were the results of Anita's diagnosis?
5. What was the difference with pop and rock and roll artists to jazz artists?
6. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
7. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
8. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
9. Describe what Anita did with Stan Kenton.
10. What did Anita have to do to be able to sing in cabarets?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)