|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people find who raided Carl and Anita's home?
(a) Some heroine.
(b) A bag of cocaine.
(c) A needle for heroine.
(d) A bag of marijuana.
2. Who raided Carl and Anita's home?
(c) Drug agents.
(d) Their landlord.
3. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
(a) $ 750 a week.
(b) $ 550 a week.
(c) $ 1000 every 2 weeks.
(d) $ 650 a week.
4. Who was Musso's top recording artist?
(a) Ella Fitzgerald.
(b) Eartha Kitt.
(c) Aretha Franklin.
(d) Otis Redding.
5. Who introduced Anita to heroin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita have to pass to obtain a permit to perform?
2. What did Anita's vocals give the band she worked with in Chapter 7?
3. Where was Joe the piano player from?
4. Where did the band begin to perform during Chapter 6?
5. What increased for Anita on her traveling tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Anita reconnect with post prison in Chapter 8?
2. Who was Joe from Boston?
3. Describe Vido Musso.
4. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
5. What was the difference with pop and rock and roll artists to jazz artists?
6. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
7. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
8. What happened to Carl and Anita in Chapter 7?
9. Describe Anita's health condition at the end of Chapter 12?
10. Describe Carl's role in the war and what he and Anita did just before the war ended.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)