|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raided Carl and Anita's home?
(b) Their landlord.
(d) Drug agents.
2. Where does Joe now currently reside?
(b) Palm Springs.
3. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
(a) $ 1000 every 2 weeks.
(b) $ 550 a week.
(c) $ 650 a week.
(d) $ 750 a week.
4. What do Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
(b) The roller coaster existence of a musician's life.
(c) Failure and success.
5. Where did Carl and Anita buy a house when the war was almost over?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who replaced Anita in the band?
2. What was a business that took advantage of drunk conventioneers called?
3. What did Anita admit about her lifestyle when she worked with Musso?
4. What did Anita and Carl do before he shipped out for war?
5. How long did Anita manage a leave of absence for from her tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's health condition at the end of Chapter 12?
2. Who is Norman Granz?
3. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
4. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
5. Describe what Anita did with Stan Kenton.
6. Describe what Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
7. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
8. What did Anita do before Carl was shipped to war?
9. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
10. Describe Anita's first chance to pursue her career as a solo artist.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)