|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the band Anita played with in Chapter 7 do in their free time?
(a) Cleaned the ship.
(b) Had jam sessions.
(c) Played poker.
(d) Read and played bridge.
2. What type of songs did Anita choose to sing?
(a) Sexy ones.
(b) One's she could "feel".
(c) Popular ones.
(d) Emotional heavy ones.
3. What did Anita do after her bail?
(a) Moved to another country.
(b) Filed for divorce.
(c) Went shopping.
(d) Went to her mom's.
4. Who offered Anita the job as female vocalist at twice what Gene paid her?
(a) Herman Woods.
(b) Woods Hersemen.
(c) Woody Hermann.
(d) Woody Herman.
5. How long did Anita and John have a relationship?
(a) 9 years.
(b) Half a decade.
(c) 8 years.
(d) A full decade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
2. Who did Anita reconnect with in 1947?
3. What was the Village Vanguard?
4. Where does Joe now currently reside?
5. What was a business that took advantage of drunk conventioneers called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Anita feel about the band in Chapter 6?
2. Describe Anita's health condition at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What happened to Joe?
4. Who is Norman Granz?
5. Describe Carl's role in the war and what he and Anita did just before the war ended.
6. Describe what Anita did with Stan Kenton.
7. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
8. What happened to Carl and Anita in Chapter 7?
9. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
10. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)