|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Glaser?
(a) The person who arranged engagements for Anita.
(b) Anita's brother.
(c) John's friend.
(d) Anita's son.
2. What year was The Newport Festival a key moment for Anita?
3. What did John give to Anita?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A hug.
(d) A Bible.
4. Who was Musso's top recording artist?
(a) Aretha Franklin.
(b) Eartha Kitt.
(c) Ella Fitzgerald.
(d) Otis Redding.
5. What did Granz produce with Buddy Bergman?
(a) Sony Records.
(b) Verve Records.
(c) Eartha Kitt.
(d) Jive Records.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Village Vanguard?
2. What did Goodman not tolerate?
3. What did Anita and Carl do before he shipped out for war?
4. How long did Anita and John have a relationship?
5. Where did Anita and John go first after leaving Club Starlite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anita have to do to be able to sing in cabarets?
2. What happened to Carl and Anita in Chapter 7?
3. How did Anita feel about the band in Chapter 6?
4. Who is John Poole?
5. Who is Norman Granz?
6. What did Anita do before Carl was shipped to war?
7. What was the difference with pop and rock and roll artists to jazz artists?
8. What were the results of Anita's diagnosis?
9. Who did Anita reconnect with post prison in Chapter 8?
10. Describe Anita's first chance to pursue her career as a solo artist.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)