|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loaned Anita and John money?
(a) Sam Glaser.
(b) Sammy Galls.
(c) Sam Glasser.
(d) Sammy Glass.
2. What movie was Anita in?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Jazz on a Summer's Day.
(c) She was never in a movie.
(d) Cat on the Hot Tin Roof.
3. What type of songs did Anita choose to sing?
(a) One's she could "feel".
(b) Popular ones.
(c) Emotional heavy ones.
(d) Sexy ones.
4. Who offered Anita the job as female vocalist at twice what Gene paid her?
(a) Woods Hersemen.
(b) Woody Herman.
(c) Herman Woods.
(d) Woody Hermann.
5. Where did Anita and John go first after leaving Club Starlite?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
2. What did John give to Anita?
3. Who is Joe Glaser?
4. What did the band Anita played with in Chapter 7 do in their free time?
5. What was foreclosed of Anita and John's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
2. Describe what Anita did with Stan Kenton.
3. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
4. What was the difference with pop and rock and roll artists to jazz artists?
5. Describe what Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
6. Who was Joe from Boston?
7. How did Anita feel about the band in Chapter 6?
8. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
9. Describe Carl's role in the war and what he and Anita did just before the war ended.
10. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)