|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anita diagnosed with?
(b) Sleep apnea.
(d) Anxiety neuroses.
2. Who is Joe Glaser?
(a) John's friend.
(b) Anita's brother.
(c) The person who arranged engagements for Anita.
(d) Anita's son.
3. What was Anita's reason for leaving the band and what was she determined to do?
(a) Pursue her husband's career.
(b) Pursue her mother's career.
(c) Pursue her single career.
(d) Move to another state.
4. What did Anita admit about her lifestyle when she worked with Musso?
(a) She was sad.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She has happy.
(d) She was a mess.
5. Who gave Anita and John permission to leave Club Starlite?
(a) No one.
(d) Their probation officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Anita reconnect with in 1947?
2. How long did Anita manage a leave of absence for from her tour?
3. What did Granz's company produce?
4. What was the Village Vanguard?
5. What did Anita do after her bail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Norman Granz?
2. Describe Vido Musso.
3. What happened to Carl and Anita in Chapter 7?
4. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
5. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
6. How did Anita feel about the band in Chapter 6?
7. What did Anita do before Carl was shipped to war?
8. Who did Anita reconnect with post prison in Chapter 8?
9. Who was Joe from Boston?
10. Describe Anita's first chance to pursue her career as a solo artist.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)