|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anita and Carl do before he shipped out for war?
(a) Went to dinner.
(d) Went on a walk.
2. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
(a) Overworked and underpaid.
(b) Overworked but healthy.
(c) Overworked and not eating.
(d) Underpaid and underfed.
3. Who is John Poole?
(a) A guitarist.
(b) A manager.
(c) A drummer.
(d) A song writer.
4. What did John give to Anita?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A hug.
5. What did Anita settle in as before Carl went to war?
(a) A single girl.
(b) A military wife.
(c) A waitress at a club.
(d) A night singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the club Musso had a long term engagement with?
2. How long did Anita manage a leave of absence for from her tour?
3. Who is Joe Glaser?
4. What was the Village Vanguard?
5. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita and Benny Goodman's relationship.
2. Describe Anita and John's relationship.
3. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
4. What happened to John in Chapter 12?
5. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
6. Describe what Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
7. What happened to Joe?
8. Who is John Poole?
9. What happened to Carl and Anita in Chapter 7?
10. Describe Anita's health condition at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)