|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Anita and John permission to leave Club Starlite?
(a) No one.
(b) Their probation officer.
2. Where did Anita reunite with Carl after traveling on the road?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Who introduced Anita to heroin?
4. When did Anita get booked throughout the country?
5. What did Granz's company produce?
(a) Jazz and beebop artists.
(b) Baked goods.
(c) Blues artists.
(d) Swing dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Anita spend with the band she was offered a job with when she was in Hollywood?
2. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
3. Who was Vido Musso?
4. What did Norman Granz own?
5. Who moved in with Anita and John in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened to Gene while Anita was on her leave of absence from the band.
2. Describe Anita and Benny Goodman's relationship.
3. How did Anita feel about the band in Chapter 6?
4. What were the results of Anita's diagnosis?
5. Describe Anita's first chance to pursue her career as a solo artist.
6. Who did Anita reconnect with post prison in Chapter 8?
7. What happened to Joe?
8. Describe the types of songs Anita sang in Chapter 8.
9. Describe Anita and Carl's reunion in San Francisco.
10. Describe what Anita did with Stan Kenton.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)