|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Barbara Kingsolver come from, to Arizona?
2. What argument of E.O. Wilson's does book reject?
3. What is the benefit of establishing boundaries, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver give her creature regularly?
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver compare the U.S. to other countries in terms of education?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barbara Kingsolver say the Terrible Twos and the teen years are dreaded by parents?
2. What does the title of this essay signify?
3. What balance does Barbara Kingsolver have to strike in parenting Camille through her terrible twos?
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about who should be a parent?
5. Why Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter travel to Tenerife?
6. What was Camille's experience of Spain like?
7. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about photographs and memories?
8. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe her experience at the health club?
9. What did Barbara Kingsolver find when she started to read?
10. What is E. O. Wilson's theory on monogamy in human beings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "High Tide in Tucson". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
How does Barbara Kingsolver balance following her own 'tides' and being self-critical or aware of the tides that move other people or things?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on her style and content. What values does she hold dear? What are her hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think she is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)