|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver want her daughter to learn at the Heard Museum?
(a) To see from outside of her own culture.
(b) To respect the mysteries of life and death.
(c) To pay attention to art work.
(d) To appreciate Native Americans' culture.
2. What is Barbara Kingsolver sure Americans don't know about Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) That they are in the Middle East.
(b) That they are American allies.
(c) That they provide our Americans' oil.
(d) That they have oppressive governments.
3. How was Barbara Kingsolver greeted in Africa?
(a) 'Hello, white person'.
(b) 'Hello pretty lady'.
(c) 'Hey lady, buy this from me'.
(d) 'Go home, American'.
4. Who was in this band with Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) A boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Another author.
5. What was Barbara Kingsolver inspired by, in this writer?
(a) His curiosity.
(b) His success.
(c) His peacefulness.
(d) His enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver use less as she wrote her books?
2. How was the poaching of silverwood stopped?
3. Where does Barbara Kingsolver visit in Essay 19: 'Infernal Paradise'?
4. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the majority of her fan mail?
5. What makes writing rewarding for Barbara Kingsolver?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Barbara Kingsolver take Camille to see at the Heard Museum?
2. What does Kingsolver mean by invoking the notion of stone soup?
3. What note does "High Tide in Tucson" end on?
4. Describe Barbara Kingsolver's visit to Ouidah.
5. What critique does Barbara Kingsolver make of violence in American art and culture?
6. What is Kingsolver's idea of a family in 'Stone Soup'?
7. What were Barbara Kingsolver's thoughts about going on book tour?
8. Why did Barbara Kingsolver leave the U.S. for Spain, and what did her time away teach her?
9. What threats to the Hawaiian ecosystems does Barbara Kingsolver describe?
10. Describe Kingsolver's training as an animal behaviorist.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)