|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Barbara Kingsolver sure Americans don't know about Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) That they provide our Americans' oil.
(b) That they have oppressive governments.
(c) That they are in the Middle East.
(d) That they are American allies.
2. What was Barbara Kingsolver told during protests?
(a) Love America or leave it.
(b) Better dead than red.
(c) Honk for peace.
(d) Hug a tree.
3. Why were the Titan Missiles decommissioned, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
(a) They malfunctioned.
(b) They were inaccurate.
(c) They leaked radiation.
(d) They were obsolete.
4. When does Barbara Kingsolver say Camille feels bad about being from a divorced home?
(a) When her mother is late to pick her up from school.
(b) When she wakes up in the night with nightmares.
(c) When people say they feel bad for her.
(d) When mothers won't let their children play with her.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver use less as she wrote her books?
(c) Flawed protagonists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in stone soup?
2. Who is Steve?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver build behind her house?
4. What is the Heard Museum a center for?
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the majority of her fan mail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kingsolver remember about her hometown in Kentucky when she took her daughter to visit there?
2. How did Kingsolver learn to handle the question 'what is your book about'?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver find when she hiked into the bottom of the volcano at Haleakala?
4. Why had Barbara Kingsolver gone to Cotonou to visit?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter do at the Heard Museum?
6. What kinds of response did Barbara Kingsolver typically receive from fans?
7. What critique does Barbara Kingsolver make of violence in American art and culture?
8. Why did Barbara Kingsolver take Camille to see at the Heard Museum?
9. Why was Barbara Kingsolver reticent about visiting the Titan Missile Museum?
10. Why did Barbara Kingsolver leave the U.S. for Spain, and what did her time away teach her?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)