|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question did Barbara Kingsolver dislike having to answer?
(a) What is your book about?
(b) How do you support yourself?
(c) What are you working on now?
(d) How do you survive having been divorced?
2. What instrument was Barbara Kingsolver asked to play in a band?
3. How was Barbara Kingsolver greeted in Africa?
(a) 'Hello pretty lady'.
(b) 'Hey lady, buy this from me'.
(c) 'Hello, white person'.
(d) 'Go home, American'.
4. Why were the Titan Missiles decommissioned, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
(a) They malfunctioned.
(b) They were obsolete.
(c) They leaked radiation.
(d) They were inaccurate.
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver's book tour entail?
(a) Long stays with patrons.
(b) Multi-day courses at colleges.
(c) A different city every day.
(d) Sit-ins and hunger strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbara Kingsolver sure Americans don't know about Iraq and Kuwait?
2. How would Barbara Kingsolver answer this question?
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the effect of 'Silence of the Lambs'?
4. Whose work was Barbara Kingsolver reading during this work?
5. Why did it take Barbara Kingsolver a long time to visit the Titan Missile Museum outside of Tucson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of response did Barbara Kingsolver typically receive from fans?
2. Why was Barbara Kingsolver told to 'love it or leave it'?
3. Why did Barbara Kingsolver take Camille to see at the Heard Museum?
4. Why was Kingsolver reluctant to join the Rock Bottom Remainders?
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about how the Africans greeted her?
6. What threats to the Hawaiian ecosystems does Barbara Kingsolver describe?
7. Why was Kingsolver opposed to the Gulf War?
8. How did Kingsolver learn to handle the question 'what is your book about'?
9. What does Barbara Kingsolver see at the Hiroshima Museum?
10. What critique does Barbara Kingsolver make of violence in American art and culture?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)