|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the worst thing about book tour?
(a) Missing her daughter.
(b) The constant travel.
(c) The fake questions.
(d) The small crowds.
2. What information does Barbara Kingsolver say the Pentagon suppressed?
(a) Number of soldiers in Iraq.
(b) Numbers of Iraqi war dead.
(c) Number of Americans killed.
(d) Number of oil wells captured by Americans.
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver begin to use more of as she wrote her later books?
(b) Flawed protagonists.
4. When would Barbara Kingsolver remember her childhood?
(a) When she started a new book.
(b) When life got her down.
(c) When she was anxious about her siblings.
(d) When she thought life was too easy.
5. What kind of musical training had Barbara Kingsolver had?
(a) She had sung in the church choir.
(b) Music scholarship for classical piano.
(c) She had been in amateur groups before.
(d) She had played in clubs and bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver and a friend ask to do at the mall?
2. Who is Steve?
3. What sound woke Barbara Kingsolver on her first morning in Cotonou?
4. Why did it take Barbara Kingsolver a long time to visit the Titan Missile Museum outside of Tucson?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter make at the Museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter do at the Heard Museum?
2. Why did Barbara Kingsolver leave the U.S. for Spain, and what did her time away teach her?
3. What does Kingsolver mean by invoking the notion of stone soup?
4. What kinds of response did Barbara Kingsolver typically receive from fans?
5. Why was Kingsolver reluctant to join the Rock Bottom Remainders?
6. What note does "High Tide in Tucson" end on?
7. What were Barbara Kingsolver's thoughts about going on book tour?
8. What critique does Barbara Kingsolver make of violence in American art and culture?
9. How did Kingsolver learn to handle the question 'what is your book about'?
10. What does Barbara Kingsolver find when she hiked into the bottom of the volcano at Haleakala?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)