|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Barbara Kingsolver finally visit the Titan Missile Museum?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) An assignment.
2. Why does Barbara Kingsolver say the people are kept in the dark about wars?
(a) To insulate politicians from criticism.
(b) To protect them from hard truths.
(c) To preserve the illusion of prosperity and peace.
(d) To protect their support for it.
3. What information does Barbara Kingsolver say the Pentagon suppressed?
(a) Number of soldiers in Iraq.
(b) Number of oil wells captured by Americans.
(c) Number of Americans killed.
(d) Numbers of Iraqi war dead.
4. What are Barbara Kingsolver's feelings about nuclear weapons?
(a) They should only be possessed by two or three nations.
(b) They should be banned.
(c) They should only be used to avert all-out war.
(d) They work as effective deterrents.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver begin to use more of as she wrote her later books?
(a) Flawed protagonists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the most important part of her experience as a rock star?
2. What is Haleakala?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver grow up expecting?
4. What crop crowded out native plants in the environment Barbara Kingsolver visited?
5. Who was in this band with Barbara Kingsolver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kingsolver mean by invoking the notion of stone soup?
2. What was Barbara Kingsolver's experience with the Rock Bottom Remainders?
3. Why did Barbara Kingsolver leave the U.S. for Spain, and what did her time away teach her?
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about how the Africans greeted her?
5. What did Kingsolver remember about her hometown in Kentucky when she took her daughter to visit there?
6. What threats to the Hawaiian ecosystems does Barbara Kingsolver describe?
7. Why did Barbara Kingsolver take Camille to see at the Heard Museum?
8. What were Barbara Kingsolver's thoughts about going on book tour?
9. What critique does Barbara Kingsolver make of violence in American art and culture?
10. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter do at the Heard Museum?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)