|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barbara Kingsolver say she survived her daughter's difficult periods?
(a) By giving her books to read.
(b) By sending her to her room.
(c) By giving her strict boundaries.
(d) By taking her to the zoo.
2. What was the problem with the education system in Barbara Kingsolver's hometown?
(a) Meager funds.
(b) Rural biases against intellectuals.
(c) Social turmoil.
(d) Race tension.
3. What disturbances does Barbara Kingsolver experience in Tucson?
(a) Military jets overhead.
(b) Wooly pigs.
(c) Juvenile delinquents.
(d) Police sirens.
4. Why does Barbara Kingsolver say she joined the group she joined?
(a) She wanted to lose weight.
(b) She wanted to test a theory.
(c) She wanted to feel strong.
(d) She wanted to learn.
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver find out about the creature's spells of dormancy?
(a) They were normal.
(b) They were a result of poisoning.
(c) They were a sign of culture shock.
(d) They were a sign of illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of establishing boundaries, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
2. What would the creature do after these periods of dormancy?
3. For what occasion does Barbara Kingsolver say she bought an expensive, chic outfit?
4. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
5. What other developments does Barbara Kingsolver say resulted from hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about photographs and memories?
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her own parents' generation's parenting style?
3. Why does Barbara Kingsolver take up this meditation on monogamy in nature?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver get when she asked for go-go-boots?
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about who should be a parent?
6. What was Barbara Kingsolver's solution to the question of private property in her new home in Tucson?
7. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about American education?
8. Why does Barbara Kingsolver discuss the origins of human agriculture?
9. What is the 'high tide of Tucson' a metaphor for?
10. How did Barbara Kingsolver's sense of fashion change as she grew up?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)