|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she was looking for in Tucson?
2. What does anthropologist Adrienne Zihlman say about the African savannah?
(a) That it created a certain kind of human creature, but the development would have been different in other environments.
(b) That it was the most important environment for human development.
(c) That it was the most hostile environment humans could have encountered at that stage of development.
(d) That it was the place where human development was first tested.
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the priority in college?
4. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
(a) She was justifying having more than some of her neighbors.
(b) She was analyzing her desire to keep animals off her property.
(c) She was justifying the peace she gained by moving away from a commune.
(d) She wanted to allow as many creatures as possible to use her land.
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe the photos that represent her past, now that she's moved to Tucson?
(a) Doctored photos.
(b) Incomplete photos.
(c) Artificial photos.
(d) Perfect photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what conditions will the pupfish be monogamous, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
2. What issues does Barbara Kingsolver say she learned about through the librarian?
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the curriculum in her school?
4. What kind of poetry does Barbara Kingsolver survival requires?
5. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Camille's experience of Spain like?
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her daughter at age two?
3. How did America and Europe compare in terms of childrearing, in Barbara Kingsolver's opinion?
4. What is Barbara Kingsolver's philosophy for raising her own daughter?
5. Where does the idea of private property come from?
6. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her own parents' generation's parenting style?
7. What was Buster's 'personality' like?
8. What did Barbara Kingsolver find when she started to read?
9. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the population of Tucson when she lives there?
10. What is E. O. Wilson's theory on monogamy in human beings?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)