|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver join in the beginning of Essay 9: 'The Muscle Mystique'?
(a) A study group for a science class.
(b) A health club.
(c) A scientific study of weight and energy.
(d) A dieting group.
2. Why does Barbara Kingsolver say she joined the group she joined?
(a) She wanted to learn.
(b) She wanted to feel strong.
(c) She wanted to test a theory.
(d) She wanted to lose weight.
3. What is the purpose of revisionist history, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) To describe history as a process of progress.
(b) To tell the stories of white males from new perspectives.
(c) To include other voices than white males' in historical narratives.
(d) To describe the randomness of key events in human history.
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver think the creature was reacting to?
(a) Lunar cycles.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver think about after her discovery?
(a) Time and change.
(b) Modern necessities.
(c) Birth and aging.
(d) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with the education system in Barbara Kingsolver's hometown?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she lacked in high school?
3. Where has Barbara Kingsolver come from, to Arizona?
4. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the mating ritual of the octopus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Buster's 'personality' like?
2. Describe Kingsolver's trip to La Gomera.
3. Why did Barbara Kingsolver move to Tucson?
4. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her wardrobe in high school?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver get when she asked for go-go-boots?
6. What did Barbara Kingsolver find when she started to read?
7. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about who should be a parent?
8. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the reaction to her books in her hometown?
9. Where does the idea of private property come from?
10. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the population of Tucson when she lives there?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)