|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument of E.O. Wilson's does book reject?
(a) That morality is an evolutionary construct.
(b) That people have free will.
(c) That genetics drives all of human existence.
(d) That people are products of their environments.
2. What did Barbara Kingsolver give her creature regularly?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say happens to a woman's standard of living after a divorce?
(b) She has less time for herself and her kids.
(d) She becomes richer in non-material things.
4. What disturbances does Barbara Kingsolver experience in Tucson?
(a) Juvenile delinquents.
(b) Police sirens.
(c) Military jets overhead.
(d) Wooly pigs.
5. Who discovered Barbara Kingsolver's contraband?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she was looking for in Tucson?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver think about after her discovery?
3. Parents have to strike a balance between boundaries and what, in Barbara Kingsolver's opinion?
4. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver say early anthropologists say about hunting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Barbara Kingsolver say her school system was plagued by, in 'How Mr. Dewey Decimal Saved My Life'?
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the population of Tucson when she lives there?
3. Why did Barbara Kingsolver move to Tucson?
4. What is Barbara Kingsolver's philosophy for raising her own daughter?
5. How did Barbara Kingsolver's sense of fashion change as she grew up?
6. What did Barbara Kingsolver get when she asked for go-go-boots?
7. What balance does Barbara Kingsolver have to strike in parenting Camille through her terrible twos?
8. What was Barbara Kingsolver's solution to the question of private property in her new home in Tucson?
9. What was Buster's 'personality' like?
10. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about American education?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)