|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were women relegated to household chores, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) Women were not educated.
(b) They were better at it than men.
(c) Men would not let them into the workplace.
(d) Men could support them.
2. What geo-political events motivated Barbara Kingsolver to travel?
(a) Hurricane Hugo.
(b) The fall of the Berlin Wall.
(c) Drought in Tucson.
(d) The Gulf War.
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say is society's responsibility in regard to children?
(a) To help them reach their dreams.
(b) To get them through high school.
(c) To participate in their care.
(d) To feed and clothe them.
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say the librarian introduced her to?
(d) Other students.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver say early anthropologists say about hunting?
(a) That it was the first evidence of social evolution influencing species evolution.
(b) That it was the first thing to distinguish humans from other creatures.
(c) That it was the basis for all human religions that followed.
(d) That it was more important than is thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one boy compare Barbara Kingsolver to in high school?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver allow her daughter to do, in their time together?
3. What kind of poetry does Barbara Kingsolver survival requires?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver buy in the unnamed town she found?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver think the creature was reacting to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about photographs and memories?
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her daughter at age two?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say about American education?
4. Why does Barbara Kingsolver say the Terrible Twos and the teen years are dreaded by parents?
5. Why did Barbara Kingsolver move to Tucson?
6. Describe Kingsolver's trip to La Gomera.
7. How did America and Europe compare in terms of childrearing, in Barbara Kingsolver's opinion?
8. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her wardrobe in high school?
9. Why does Barbara Kingsolver discuss the origins of human agriculture?
10. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her own parents' generation's parenting style?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)