|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did it take Barbara Kingsolver a long time to visit the Titan Missile Museum outside of Tucson?
(a) She didn't have a car for a long time.
(b) She visited a lot of other museums first.
(c) She couldn't imagine what she would learn.
(d) She was opposed to nuclear weapons.
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the effect of 'Silence of the Lambs'?
(a) Pure fantasy.
(b) Constructive criticism for society.
(c) Useful, dream-like catharsis.
(d) Harmful to society.
3. What was Barbara Kingsolver told during protests?
(a) Love America or leave it.
(b) Better dead than red.
(c) Honk for peace.
(d) Hug a tree.
4. How was Barbara Kingsolver greeted in Africa?
(a) 'Hello pretty lady'.
(b) 'Hello, white person'.
(c) 'Go home, American'.
(d) 'Hey lady, buy this from me'.
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the hotel in Cotonou?
6. What question did Barbara Kingsolver dislike having to answer?
(a) How do you support yourself?
(b) What is your book about?
(c) How do you survive having been divorced?
(d) What are you working on now?
7. Where is the Heard Museum?
8. What myth does Barbara Kingsolver say is starting to be exposed?
(a) The myth that spouses continue to love each other throughout marriage.
(b) The myth that families can survive in isolation.
(c) The myth that marriage should be blissful.
(d) The myth that success comes from hard work.
9. What does Barbara Kingsolver use less as she wrote her books?
(c) Flawed protagonists.
10. When does Barbara Kingsolver say Camille feels bad about being from a divorced home?
(a) When mothers won't let their children play with her.
(b) When her mother is late to pick her up from school.
(c) When people say they feel bad for her.
(d) When she wakes up in the night with nightmares.
11. What is Somba the birthplace of, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
12. What instrument was Barbara Kingsolver asked to play in a band?
13. What kind of musical training had Barbara Kingsolver had?
(a) She had played in clubs and bars.
(b) Music scholarship for classical piano.
(c) She had sung in the church choir.
(d) She had been in amateur groups before.
14. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the worst thing about book tour?
(a) Missing her daughter.
(b) The fake questions.
(c) The constant travel.
(d) The small crowds.
15. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her fan mail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Barbara Kingsolver finally visit the Titan Missile Museum?
2. What is the Heard Museum a center for?
3. What animal went extinct in the environment Barbara Kingsolver visited?
4. When would Barbara Kingsolver remember her childhood?
5. What was Horse Lick Creek threatened by, when Barbara Kingsolver visited?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)