|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say her readers assume about her work?
(a) That she is making everything up.
(b) That she bases her characters on people in her life.
(c) That she is writing for admiration.
(d) That she writes from newspaper clippings.
2. How was Barbara Kingsolver greeted in Africa?
(a) 'Hello, white person'.
(b) 'Hello pretty lady'.
(c) 'Hey lady, buy this from me'.
(d) 'Go home, American'.
3. How was the poaching of silverwood stopped?
(a) The silverwood trade was regulated.
(b) Silverwood went extinct.
(c) Nature preserves were established.
(d) By harsh fines for poachers.
4. Where does Barbara Kingsolver say she is questioned most?
(a) Her poetry.
(b) Her essays.
(c) Her non-fiction.
(d) Her fiction.
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her fan mail?
6. What is the Heard Museum a center for?
(a) Pioneer culture.
(b) Manifest Destiny.
(c) Native American culture.
(d) Spanish-American history.
7. What is Haleakala?
(a) A beach.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A road.
(d) A restaurant.
8. Why was Barbara Kingsolver reluctant to join the band?
(a) She had not played in a long time.
(b) She didn't want to embarrass herself.
(c) She didn't have time for all the rehearsing.
(d) The other players were not very good.
9. Where is the Heard Museum?
10. Who was in this band with Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) Another author.
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her neighbor.
11. Why were the Titan Missiles decommissioned, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
(a) They leaked radiation.
(b) They were inaccurate.
(c) They malfunctioned.
(d) They were obsolete.
12. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the most important part of her experience as a rock star?
(a) She met men after her husband left her.
(b) She got to be under the lights.
(c) She made money.
(d) Her daughter thought it was cool.
13. Whose work was Barbara Kingsolver reading during this work?
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(c) T. S. Eliot.
14. What instrument did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter play at the Museum?
(b) Pan pipes.
15. What is Somba the birthplace of, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did fans write to give Barbara Kingsolver?
2. When does Barbara Kingsolver say Camille feels bad about being from a divorced home?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter make at the Museum?
4. When were the Titan Missiles outside of Tucson taken out of service?
5. Why did it take Barbara Kingsolver a long time to visit the Titan Missile Museum outside of Tucson?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)