|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument was Barbara Kingsolver asked to play in a band?
2. What was Horse Lick Creek threatened by, when Barbara Kingsolver visited?
3. Where does Barbara Kingsolver visit in Essay 19: 'Infernal Paradise'?
4. What sound woke Barbara Kingsolver on her first morning in Cotonou?
(c) Jet airplanes.
(d) Mosques calling worshippers to prayer.
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver's book tour entail?
(a) A different city every day.
(b) Long stays with patrons.
(c) Sit-ins and hunger strikes.
(d) Multi-day courses at colleges.
6. What job did Barbara Kingsolver take at 25?
(c) Animal behaviorist.
7. What did fans write to give Barbara Kingsolver?
(b) Suggestions for books.
(d) Pictures of their children.
8. What did Barbara Kingsolver build behind her house?
(a) A pond.
(b) An outhouse.
(c) A dog run.
(d) A garden.
9. What was Barbara Kingsolver inspired by, in this writer?
(a) His enlightenment.
(b) His success.
(c) His curiosity.
(d) His peacefulness.
10. What does Barbara Kingsolver say her readers assume about her work?
(a) That she writes from newspaper clippings.
(b) That she bases her characters on people in her life.
(c) That she is writing for admiration.
(d) That she is making everything up.
11. What does Barbara Kingsolver begin to use more of as she wrote her later books?
(d) Flawed protagonists.
12. What does Barbara Kingsolver say is the consequence of watching violent films?
(a) Understanding the roots of violence.
(b) Protecting against violence.
(c) Understanding the consequences of violence.
(d) Acting out violently.
13. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the hotel in Cotonou?
14. What question did Barbara Kingsolver dislike having to answer?
(a) What is your book about?
(b) What are you working on now?
(c) How do you support yourself?
(d) How do you survive having been divorced?
15. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the effect of 'Silence of the Lambs'?
(a) Pure fantasy.
(b) Constructive criticism for society.
(c) Harmful to society.
(d) Useful, dream-like catharsis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Barbara Kingsolver answer this question?
2. When were the Titan Missiles outside of Tucson taken out of service?
3. What made Barbara Kingsolver feel that she was being patriotic?
4. Why was Barbara Kingsolver reluctant to join the band?
5. Why were the Titan Missiles decommissioned, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)