|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver and a friend ask to do at the mall?
(a) Sell raffle tickets to raise money for peace organizations.
(b) Hand out pamphlets about the war.
(c) Hold a protest.
(d) Organize a benefit concert.
2. What instrument did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter play at the Museum?
(c) Pan pipes.
3. What is the Heard Museum a center for?
(a) Pioneer culture.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) Spanish-American history.
(d) Manifest Destiny.
4. What animal went extinct in the environment Barbara Kingsolver visited?
(b) Komodo dragon.
(c) Dodo bird.
(d) Passenger pigeon.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver say could be purchased at Turner's General Store?
(c) Hunting licenses.
6. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the effect of 'Silence of the Lambs'?
(a) Constructive criticism for society.
(b) Pure fantasy.
(c) Harmful to society.
(d) Useful, dream-like catharsis.
7. What was Barbara Kingsolver told during protests?
(a) Hug a tree.
(b) Better dead than red.
(c) Honk for peace.
(d) Love America or leave it.
8. What were Barbara Kingsolver's feelings about being a 'rock star'?
(a) She was disappointed when she realized what along shot it was.
(b) She was not enthusiastic.
(c) She was openly hungry for fame.
(d) She was secretly hungry for fame.
9. Why couldn't Barbara Kingsolver refuse to go on book tour?
(a) She would have lost her next contract.
(b) No one would know who she was.
(c) Her fans would have abandoned her.
(d) She would have gained a reputation as an uncooperative author.
10. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the majority of her fan mail?
11. What does Barbara Kingsolver begin to use more of as she wrote her later books?
(a) Flawed protagonists.
12. Where does Barbara Kingsolver visit in Essay 19: 'Infernal Paradise'?
13. What is in stone soup?
(a) Rice and lamb.
(b) Potatoes, carrots and kale.
(c) Whatever people can throw in.
(d) Chicken stock and potatoes.
14. Which of these things did Barbara Kingsolver NOT remember when she took Camille to visit her childhood home?
(a) Collecting leaves to press.
(b) Catching crawfish.
(c) Catching birds build nests.
(d) Putting on plays.
15. What did Barbara Kingsolver's book tour entail?
(a) A different city every day.
(b) Long stays with patrons.
(c) Multi-day courses at colleges.
(d) Sit-ins and hunger strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Barbara Kingsolver say she is questioned most?
2. What question did Barbara Kingsolver dislike having to answer?
3. How did Barbara Kingsolver think people would see her after she and her husband divorced?
4. What was Barbara Kingsolver inspired by, in this writer?
5. What made Barbara Kingsolver feel that she was being patriotic?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)