|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the justification for suppressing this information?
2. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter make at the Museum?
(b) Bone whistles.
(d) Twig animals.
3. What animal went extinct in the environment Barbara Kingsolver visited?
(a) Passenger pigeon.
(c) Komodo dragon.
(d) Dodo bird.
4. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her fan mail?
5. When were the Titan Missiles outside of Tucson taken out of service?
6. What was Camille thrilled by at Horse Lick Creek?
(b) Cliff dwellings.
(c) Deer tracks.
(d) Ancient ruins.
7. What makes writing rewarding for Barbara Kingsolver?
8. What did Barbara Kingsolver build behind her house?
(a) A garden.
(b) A dog run.
(c) A pond.
(d) An outhouse.
9. Which of these things did Barbara Kingsolver NOT remember when she took Camille to visit her childhood home?
(a) Catching birds build nests.
(b) Putting on plays.
(c) Collecting leaves to press.
(d) Catching crawfish.
10. What instrument was Barbara Kingsolver asked to play in a band?
11. How did Barbara Kingsolver think people would see her after she and her husband divorced?
(a) As scandalous.
(b) As a fallen woman.
(c) As a charity case.
(d) As an impostor.
12. What myth does Barbara Kingsolver say is starting to be exposed?
(a) The myth that marriage should be blissful.
(b) The myth that success comes from hard work.
(c) The myth that families can survive in isolation.
(d) The myth that spouses continue to love each other throughout marriage.
13. Why were Barbara Kingsolver's friends jealous of her book tour?
(a) She was traveling first class.
(b) She was going to be rich.
(c) She was going to be famous.
(d) She was getting to see the U.S.
14. When does Barbara Kingsolver say Camille feels bad about being from a divorced home?
(a) When mothers won't let their children play with her.
(b) When people say they feel bad for her.
(c) When she wakes up in the night with nightmares.
(d) When her mother is late to pick her up from school.
15. Why couldn't Barbara Kingsolver refuse to go on book tour?
(a) She would have gained a reputation as an uncooperative author.
(b) She would have lost her next contract.
(c) Her fans would have abandoned her.
(d) No one would know who she was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver's book tour entail?
2. Whom did Barbara Kingsolver silently thank during her visit to Horse Lick Creek?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver use less as she wrote her books?
4. Whose work was Barbara Kingsolver reading during this work?
5. What instrument did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter play at the Museum?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)