|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say happens to a woman's standard of living after a divorce?
(a) She becomes richer in non-material things.
(d) She has less time for herself and her kids.
2. How did Barbara Kingsolver respond to the demands of fashion as an adult?
(a) By moving west.
(b) By secluding herself.
(c) By having a beautiful, popular husband.
(d) By having an impeccable wardrobe.
3. How did Barbara Kingsolver find a way to co-exist peacefully with her environment?
(a) By getting used to animals in her garden.
(b) By trapping and relocating the animals.
(c) By shooting the animals.
(d) By enclosing her garden.
4. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe the photos that represent her past, now that she's moved to Tucson?
(a) Incomplete photos.
(b) Doctored photos.
(c) Artificial photos.
(d) Perfect photos.
5. What period did Steinberg conclude was most trying or parents?
(a) Terrible twos.
(c) The first two years of college.
(d) The first year.
6. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her physique?
7. What did Barbara Kingsolver buy in the unnamed town she found?
(c) A leather purse.
8. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she spent as little time as possible on?
(d) Managing money.
9. What does Barbara Kingsolver say people feel about children in the place where the family lived in Camille's fourth year?
10. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she lacked in high school?
(a) Relations with adults.
(d) A belief system.
11. Where does Barbara Kingsolver say U.S. culture is going?
(a) Downhill to a 'self' mentality.
(b) Into the future with new cultural developments.
(c) Further into a leadership role.
(d) Over the hill to decay.
12. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the curriculum in her school?
13. What does anthropologist Adrienne Zihlman say about the African savannah?
(a) That it was the most hostile environment humans could have encountered at that stage of development.
(b) That it created a certain kind of human creature, but the development would have been different in other environments.
(c) That it was the most important environment for human development.
(d) That it was the place where human development was first tested.
14. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the priority in college?
15. When did Barbara Kingsolver decide to move to Tucson?
(a) When the crime in her area got so bad that she couldn't feel safe.
(b) When the kids in her neighborhood made too much noise for her to write.
(c) When the race tensions in her area made life dangerous for her.
(d) When the prices for things got too high to afford a good lifestyle with her writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose when she moved to Tucson?
2. What was the problem with the education system in Barbara Kingsolver's hometown?
3. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
4. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize monogamy?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)