|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What predisposes human males to infidelity, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) The desire to gain status.
(b) The desire to spread genes.
(c) The desire to possess females.
(d) The desire to further one's civilization.
2. What did Camille do on purpose, when Barbara Kingsolver warned her not to?
(a) Knocked over orange juice.
(b) Cut her finger.
(c) Spilled milk on herself.
(d) Tracked mud into the kitchen.
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was stronger in the place where she lived when Camille was four?
4. For what occasion does Barbara Kingsolver say she bought an expensive, chic outfit?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An award ceremony.
(c) A writer's meeting.
(d) A funeral.
5. What was uncommon about the beach where Barbara Kingsolver collected stones and shells?
(a) Unique species of crabs.
(b) Tall waves.
(c) Black sand.
(d) Pink sand.
6. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
(a) Boy's clothing.
(c) Expensive designer clothing.
(d) Outlandish costumes.
7. Who discovered Barbara Kingsolver's contraband?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her sister.
8. What omen accompanied Barbara Kingsolver's arrival in La Gomera?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) Migratory birds.
(c) Fine weather.
9. How long does Barbara Kingsolver say it would take her mother a full week to do?
(a) Make five days' pay.
(b) Balance the checkbook.
(c) Clean and launder.
(d) Write a short story.
10. What skill did Camille develop during Barbara Kingsolver's travels with her?
(a) She learned to recognize political propaganda.
(b) She learned to play violin.
(c) She became bi-lingual.
(d) She learned how to read.
11. What did Barbara Kingsolver name her creature?
12. Where did Barbara Kingsolver travel to in 1991?
13. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she lacked in high school?
(c) A belief system.
(d) Relations with adults.
14. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the mating ritual of the octopus?
15. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the priority in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say Wilson ignores?
2. What was the consequence of the librarian's relationship with Barbara Kingsolver?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say happens to a woman's standard of living after a divorce?
4. What did Laurence Steinberg study?
5. Whose loyalty does Barbara Kingsolver describe when she describes human loyalty?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)