|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the consequence of the librarian's relationship with Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) Barbara Kingsolver learned to hate her hometown.
(b) Barbara Kingsolver learned to understand her parents' limitations and desires.
(c) Barbara Kingsolver saw beyond her hometown.
(d) Barbara Kingsolver could not stay in her hometown.
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say Wilson ignores?
(a) Environmental influences on behavior.
(b) Modern social forces.
(c) Genetic influences.
(d) Natural forces.
3. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
(a) Outlandish costumes.
(c) Expensive designer clothing.
(d) Boy's clothing.
4. What is the difference between men's and women's salaries after a divorce, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
(a) The women's goes down faster than the men's go up.
(b) The men's goes up.
(c) The men's goes up more quickly.
(d) The women's goes up.
5. Where did Barbara Kingsolver settle in her travels?
6. What was the problem with the education system in Barbara Kingsolver's hometown?
(a) Social turmoil.
(b) Rural biases against intellectuals.
(c) Meager funds.
(d) Race tension.
7. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
(a) She wanted to allow as many creatures as possible to use her land.
(b) She was analyzing her desire to keep animals off her property.
(c) She was justifying the peace she gained by moving away from a commune.
(d) She was justifying having more than some of her neighbors.
8. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the difference between mothering now and when she was a child?
(a) Mothers today are less likely to be head of the household.
(b) Mothers today tend to work outside the home.
(c) Mothers today are more likely to be teachers.
(d) Mothers today pay more attention to the children.
9. What did Barbara Kingsolver name her creature?
10. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the priority in college?
11. Where did Barbara Kingsolver live when Camille was four?
12. When was Barbara Kingsolver recruited by the librarian?
(a) Her senior year.
(b) Her sophomore year.
(c) Her freshman year.
(d) Her junior year.
13. What skill did Camille develop during Barbara Kingsolver's travels with her?
(a) She became bi-lingual.
(b) She learned to recognize political propaganda.
(c) She learned to play violin.
(d) She learned how to read.
14. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize Camille's morning routine?
15. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose after twenty years in Tucson?
(a) Her Kentucky accent.
(b) Her memory of her family.
(c) Her sense of exceptionalism.
(d) Her sense of her history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver get instead of what she'd asked for, at Christmas?
2. What was the creature's reaction to Arizona?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose when she moved to Tucson?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver find out about the creature's spells of dormancy?
5. How long does Barbara Kingsolver say it would take her mother a full week to do?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)