|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
(a) They see children as little bothers.
(b) They see children as luxuries.
(c) They see children as little souls.
(d) They see children in terms of economics.
2. What predisposes human males to infidelity, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) The desire to gain status.
(b) The desire to further one's civilization.
(c) The desire to possess females.
(d) The desire to spread genes.
3. Where did Barbara Kingsolver travel to in 1991?
4. Why were women relegated to household chores, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) Women were not educated.
(b) They were better at it than men.
(c) Men would not let them into the workplace.
(d) Men could support them.
5. What other developments does Barbara Kingsolver say resulted from hunting?
(b) Social structures.
(d) Tool making.
6. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) As a form of preserving status of families.
(b) As a form of communication.
(c) As a form of regulating marriage.
(d) As a way to regulate hunting.
7. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize her physique?
8. What was the creature's reaction to Arizona?
(a) He adjusted quickly.
(b) He was unaware.
(c) He was terrified.
9. What was Barbara Kingsolver fleeing from in the U.S.?
10. Why are children difficult in the developmental stage Camille was in?
(a) They cannot sympathize with other people.
(b) They are trying to establish independence.
(c) They cannot judge the impact of their actions.
(d) They cannot understand people's words.
11. What did Barbara Kingsolver get instead of what she'd asked for, at Christmas?
(a) A weekend away.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A book.
(d) Rain boots.
12. What did H. H. Goddard devise?
(a) Bone-dating tests for archaeologists.
(b) Tests for determining whether to admit immigrants.
(c) Statistical measurement techniques for bones.
(d) Intelligence tests for immigrants.
13. What does Barbara Kingsolver join in the beginning of Essay 9: 'The Muscle Mystique'?
(a) A health club.
(b) A study group for a science class.
(c) A dieting group.
(d) A scientific study of weight and energy.
14. What did Barbara Kingsolver find on the Eagle Tail Trail?
(a) Human remains.
(b) A creature.
(c) Catamount footprints.
(d) Ancient artifacts.
15. For what occasion does Barbara Kingsolver say she bought an expensive, chic outfit?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A writer's meeting.
(c) An award ceremony.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say happens to a woman's standard of living after a divorce?
2. Where did Barbara Kingsolver live when Camille was four?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver find out about the creature's spells of dormancy?
4. How did Barbara Kingsolver respond to the demands of fashion as an adult?
5. Where has Barbara Kingsolver come from, to Arizona?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)