|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say worked against her in high school?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Her problems with language comprehension.
(d) Her wardrobe.
2. What resulted from the need to hunt, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) The need to eliminate competitors for game.
(b) The need to walk upright.
(c) The need to communicate.
(d) The need to wage war.
3. What was Horse Lick Creek threatened by, when Barbara Kingsolver visited?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver buy in the unnamed town she found?
(a) A leather purse.
5. For what occasion does Barbara Kingsolver say she bought an expensive, chic outfit?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A writer's meeting.
(c) An award ceremony.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Barbara Kingsolver's feelings about being a 'rock star'?
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the difference between mothering now and when she was a child?
3. What did the library recruit Barbara Kingsolver for?
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she had to let her daughter do?
5. What example does Barbara Kingsolver give us, to justify her characterization of her physique?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)