|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver think about after her discovery?
(a) Life and death.
(b) Birth and aging.
(c) Modern necessities.
(d) Time and change.
2. What is the 'Tide of Tucson'?
(a) The rhythm of visitors in Barbara Kingsolver's house.
(b) The rhythm of the creature's hunger and dormancy.
(c) The rhythm by which the creature moved about.
(d) The threat that global warming would bring the ocean to Arizona.
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say worked against her in high school?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her problems with language comprehension.
(d) Her wardrobe.
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say was the worst thing about book tour?
(a) The small crowds.
(b) The constant travel.
(c) Missing her daughter.
(d) The fake questions.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver think her creature might want to change?
(a) His color.
(b) His feathers.
(c) His atmosphere.
(d) His 'uniform'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill did Camille develop during Barbara Kingsolver's travels with her?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose when she moved to Tucson?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose after twenty years in Tucson?
4. What is the Heard Museum a center for?
5. What sound woke Barbara Kingsolver on her first morning in Cotonou?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)