|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the hotel in Cotonou?
2. What resulted from the need to hunt, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) The need to walk upright.
(b) The need to communicate.
(c) The need to eliminate competitors for game.
(d) The need to wage war.
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver find on the Eagle Tail Trail?
(a) Human remains.
(b) Ancient artifacts.
(c) A creature.
(d) Catamount footprints.
4. Why was Barbara Kingsolver sad when she collected mussels from Horse Lick Creek?
(a) The species was adapting to pollution and changing color.
(b) The species was not a native species.
(c) The species were overpopulating the creek.
(d) The species was dying out.
5. What was unique about Haleakala?
(a) The beach had pink sand.
(b) The road was extremely windy.
(c) The volcano created its own climate.
(d) The restaurant served fish that only lived in the lake in that volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Titan Missiles outside of Tucson taken out of service?
2. What question did Barbara Kingsolver dislike having to answer?
3. What does anthropologist Adrienne Zihlman say about the African savannah?
4. What instrument did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter play at the Museum?
5. When would Barbara Kingsolver remember her childhood?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)