|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Barbara Kingsolver vacation in the Bahamas?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
2. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) As a form of regulating marriage.
(b) As a form of communication.
(c) As a way to regulate hunting.
(d) As a form of preserving status of families.
3. What development does Barbara Kingsolver describe as a survival tool people acquired 'in the beginning'?
4. What is in stone soup?
(a) Chicken stock and potatoes.
(b) Potatoes, carrots and kale.
(c) Whatever people can throw in.
(d) Rice and lamb.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose when she moved to Tucson?
(a) Her connections to her family.
(b) Her sense of lived history with her living family.
(c) Her affection for her family.
(d) Her memory of her time with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say worked against her in high school?
2. What did Barbara Kingsolver expect would take her away from the band?
3. Where has Barbara Kingsolver come from, to Arizona?
4. What did H. H. Goddard devise?
5. What is the 'Tide of Tucson'?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)