|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver think about after her discovery?
(a) Birth and aging.
(b) Life and death.
(c) Modern necessities.
(d) Time and change.
2. Where did Barbara Kingsolver travel to in 1991?
3. Why are children difficult in the developmental stage Camille was in?
(a) They cannot understand people's words.
(b) They are trying to establish independence.
(c) They cannot judge the impact of their actions.
(d) They cannot sympathize with other people.
4. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) As a way to regulate hunting.
(b) As a form of regulating marriage.
(c) As a form of preserving status of families.
(d) As a form of communication.
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver compare the U.S. to other countries in terms of education?
(a) Other countries spend more on education than the U.S. does.
(b) American students score higher than other countries' students in all categories.
(c) Other countries' students are more advanced than American students.
(d) Other countries' students are not as developed as American students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Parents have to strike a balance between boundaries and what, in Barbara Kingsolver's opinion?
2. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
3. When was Barbara Kingsolver recruited by the librarian?
4. In essay 16: 'Postcards from an Imaginary Mom', how long was Barbara Kingsolver on book tour for?
5. What was the creature's reaction to Arizona?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)