|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Barbara Kingsolver decide to move to Tucson?
(a) When the kids in her neighborhood made too much noise for her to write.
(b) When the prices for things got too high to afford a good lifestyle with her writing.
(c) When the race tensions in her area made life dangerous for her.
(d) When the crime in her area got so bad that she couldn't feel safe.
2. Who discovered Barbara Kingsolver's contraband?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
3. Why does Barbara Kingsolver cringe when the evangelists urge women to take up housework?
(a) She knows that religion is usually an obstacle to a woman's self-fulfillment.
(b) She knows that the only path to self-fulfillment is through education.
(c) She knows that men will not always support them.
(d) She knows that they will be trapped in it forever.
4. What is the Heard Museum a center for?
(a) Spanish-American history.
(b) Pioneer culture.
(c) Manifest Destiny.
(d) Native American culture.
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the curriculum in her school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver give her creature regularly?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose after twenty years in Tucson?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver find out about the creature's spells of dormancy?
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she lacked in high school?
5. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)