|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Barbara Kingsolver say U.S. culture is going?
(a) Further into a leadership role.
(b) Into the future with new cultural developments.
(c) Over the hill to decay.
(d) Downhill to a 'self' mentality.
2. What omen accompanied Barbara Kingsolver's arrival in La Gomera?
(a) Fine weather.
(b) Migratory birds.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
3. Why does Barbara Kingsolver cringe when the evangelists urge women to take up housework?
(a) She knows that men will not always support them.
(b) She knows that the only path to self-fulfillment is through education.
(c) She knows that they will be trapped in it forever.
(d) She knows that religion is usually an obstacle to a woman's self-fulfillment.
4. Under what conditions will the pupfish be monogamous, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) After they have mated.
(b) When food is scarce.
(c) When females are scarce.
(d) After they have chosen a life mate.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver say people feel about children in the place where the family lived in Camille's fourth year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson does Barbara Kingsolver say she is teaching her daughter?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say happens to a woman's standard of living after a divorce?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver teach her daughter, instead of showing her how to make hospital corners?
4. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
5. How did Barbara Kingsolver respond to the demands of fashion as an adult?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)