|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did H. H. Goddard devise?
(a) Tests for determining whether to admit immigrants.
(b) Bone-dating tests for archaeologists.
(c) Statistical measurement techniques for bones.
(d) Intelligence tests for immigrants.
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say Wilson ignores?
(a) Natural forces.
(b) Environmental influences on behavior.
(c) Modern social forces.
(d) Genetic influences.
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver say she survived her daughter's difficult periods?
(a) By giving her strict boundaries.
(b) By giving her books to read.
(c) By sending her to her room.
(d) By taking her to the zoo.
4. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the mating ritual of the octopus?
5. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) As a way to regulate hunting.
(b) As a form of preserving status of families.
(c) As a form of communication.
(d) As a form of regulating marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Barbara Kingsolver respond to the demands of fashion as an adult?
2. What is the 'Tide of Tucson'?
3. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
4. How did Barbara Kingsolver find a way to co-exist peacefully with her environment?
5. What does anthropologist Adrienne Zihlman say about the African savannah?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)