|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What development does Barbara Kingsolver describe as a survival tool people acquired 'in the beginning'?
2. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
(a) She wanted to allow as many creatures as possible to use her land.
(b) She was justifying having more than some of her neighbors.
(c) She was analyzing her desire to keep animals off her property.
(d) She was justifying the peace she gained by moving away from a commune.
3. Where was Barbara Kingsolver's contraband creature discovered?
(a) A box of shoes.
(b) In her pocketbook.
(c) A box of shells.
(d) In her suitcase.
4. Where did Barbara Kingsolver's creature live?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) A birdcage.
(c) An aquarium.
(d) A terrarium.
5. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose when she moved to Tucson?
(a) Her connections to her family.
(b) Her sense of lived history with her living family.
(c) Her affection for her family.
(d) Her memory of her time with her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver beg her parents for one Christmas?
2. What did the library recruit Barbara Kingsolver for?
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe the photos that represent her past, now that she's moved to Tucson?
4. What was the problem with the education system in Barbara Kingsolver's hometown?
5. When was Barbara Kingsolver recruited by the librarian?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)