|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Barbara Kingsolver get on the day she brought her first daughter home?
(a) That her book was getting good reviews.
(b) That her mother had died.
(c) That her book would be published.
(d) That her mother was furious about the book she had written.
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the curriculum in her school?
3. What does anthropologist Adrienne Zihlman say about the African savannah?
(a) That it was the most important environment for human development.
(b) That it was the place where human development was first tested.
(c) That it created a certain kind of human creature, but the development would have been different in other environments.
(d) That it was the most hostile environment humans could have encountered at that stage of development.
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose when she moved to Tucson?
(a) Her connections to her family.
(b) Her affection for her family.
(c) Her memory of her time with her family.
(d) Her sense of lived history with her living family.
5. What issues does Barbara Kingsolver say she learned about through the librarian?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say the librarian might have seen in her?
2. What had Barbara Kingsolver smuggled back to Arizona from the Bahamas?
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe the photos that represent her past, now that she's moved to Tucson?
4. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
5. Who discovered Barbara Kingsolver's contraband?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)