|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
(b) Outlandish costumes.
(c) Expensive designer clothing.
(d) Boy's clothing.
2. What had Barbara Kingsolver smuggled back to Arizona from the Bahamas?
(a) A cat.
(b) A starfish.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A hermit crab.
3. Where has Barbara Kingsolver come from, to Arizona?
(b) New York.
4. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) As a form of regulating marriage.
(b) As a form of preserving status of families.
(c) As a form of communication.
(d) As a way to regulate hunting.
5. What does anthropologist Adrienne Zihlman say about the African savannah?
(a) That it was the most important environment for human development.
(b) That it created a certain kind of human creature, but the development would have been different in other environments.
(c) That it was the place where human development was first tested.
(d) That it was the most hostile environment humans could have encountered at that stage of development.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say worked against her in high school?
2. Where does Barbara Kingsolver live, in Tucson?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver name her creature?
4. What was the creature's reaction to Arizona?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver get instead of what she'd asked for, at Christmas?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)