|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'Tide of Tucson'?
(a) The rhythm of visitors in Barbara Kingsolver's house.
(b) The threat that global warming would bring the ocean to Arizona.
(c) The rhythm by which the creature moved about.
(d) The rhythm of the creature's hunger and dormancy.
2. Where does Barbara Kingsolver live, in Tucson?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A compound.
(c) A barracks.
(d) A cabin.
3. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
(a) She wanted to allow as many creatures as possible to use her land.
(b) She was justifying having more than some of her neighbors.
(c) She was justifying the peace she gained by moving away from a commune.
(d) She was analyzing her desire to keep animals off her property.
4. What had Barbara Kingsolver smuggled back to Arizona from the Bahamas?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A hermit crab.
(c) A cat.
(d) A starfish.
5. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe herself when she was in high school?
(a) A nerd.
(b) A socialite.
(c) A goody-goody.
(d) An egghead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver think the creature was reacting to?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she was looking for in Tucson?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say early anthropologists say about hunting?
4. What other developments does Barbara Kingsolver say resulted from hunting?
5. Where has Barbara Kingsolver come from, to Arizona?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)