|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Barbara Kingsolver think people would see her after she and her husband divorced?
(a) As an impostor.
(b) As a fallen woman.
(c) As scandalous.
(d) As a charity case.
2. What were Barbara Kingsolver's friends doing in Africa?
(a) Doctors Without Borders.
(b) Peace Corps.
(c) Teaching English.
(d) Missionary work.
3. Why does Barbara Kingsolver say she joined the group she joined?
(a) She wanted to learn.
(b) She wanted to feel strong.
(c) She wanted to lose weight.
(d) She wanted to test a theory.
4. What kind of poetry does Barbara Kingsolver survival requires?
(a) A poetry of desire.
(b) A poetry of endurance.
(c) A poetry of pleasure.
(d) A poetry of hunger.
5. What news did Barbara Kingsolver get on the day she brought her first daughter home?
(a) That her book would be published.
(b) That her book was getting good reviews.
(c) That her mother was furious about the book she had written.
(d) That her mother had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver grow up expecting?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say people feel about children in the place where the family lived in Camille's fourth year?
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize Camille's morning routine?
4. When were the Titan Missiles outside of Tucson taken out of service?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver and her daughter make at the Museum?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)