|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Barbara Kingsolver want her daughter to learn at the Heard Museum?
(a) To respect the mysteries of life and death.
(b) To pay attention to art work.
(c) To appreciate Native Americans' culture.
(d) To see from outside of her own culture.
2. Where does Barbara Kingsolver visit in Essay 19: 'Infernal Paradise'?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver grow up expecting?
(a) A knight on a white horse.
(b) Prince Charming.
(c) A romantic poet.
(d) A certain amount of abuse.
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say the librarian introduced her to?
(a) Other students.
5. What sound woke Barbara Kingsolver on her first morning in Cotonou?
(b) Mosques calling worshippers to prayer.
(c) Jet airplanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Barbara Kingsolver compare the U.S. to other countries in terms of education?
2. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
3. Why are many school bonds voted down, in Barbara Kingsolver's opinion?
4. What was the creature's reaction to Arizona?
5. What is the 'Tide of Tucson'?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)