|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver lose after twenty years in Tucson?
(a) Her sense of her history.
(b) Her sense of exceptionalism.
(c) Her Kentucky accent.
(d) Her memory of her family.
2. How did Barbara Kingsolver find a way to co-exist peacefully with her environment?
(a) By shooting the animals.
(b) By getting used to animals in her garden.
(c) By enclosing her garden.
(d) By trapping and relocating the animals.
3. When did Barbara Kingsolver decide to move to Tucson?
(a) When the crime in her area got so bad that she couldn't feel safe.
(b) When the kids in her neighborhood made too much noise for her to write.
(c) When the race tensions in her area made life dangerous for her.
(d) When the prices for things got too high to afford a good lifestyle with her writing.
4. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
(a) She was justifying the peace she gained by moving away from a commune.
(b) She was justifying having more than some of her neighbors.
(c) She was analyzing her desire to keep animals off her property.
(d) She wanted to allow as many creatures as possible to use her land.
5. What is the difference between men's and women's salaries after a divorce, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
(a) The women's goes down faster than the men's go up.
(b) The men's goes up.
(c) The women's goes up.
(d) The men's goes up more quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Stephen Jay Gould say George Morton ignored in his measurements?
2. How did private property develop, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver think the creature was reacting to?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver name her creature?
5. Whose loyalty does Barbara Kingsolver describe when she describes human loyalty?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)