|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What predisposes human males to infidelity, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) The desire to gain status.
(b) The desire to further one's civilization.
(c) The desire to possess females.
(d) The desire to spread genes.
2. What news did Barbara Kingsolver get on the day she brought her first daughter home?
(a) That her book would be published.
(b) That her mother was furious about the book she had written.
(c) That her book was getting good reviews.
(d) That her mother had died.
3. What notion does Barbara Kingsolver dismiss as absurd?
(a) That the state should subsidize all families with children.
(b) That parents should raise their own children.
(c) That children should be raised communally.
(d) That parents need licensing.
4. What is the difference between men's and women's salaries after a divorce, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
(a) The women's goes up.
(b) The men's goes up more quickly.
(c) The men's goes up.
(d) The women's goes down faster than the men's go up.
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver beg her parents for one Christmas?
(a) A radio.
(b) To move.
(c) A horse.
(d) Go-go boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Barbara Kingsolver find a way to co-exist peacefully with her environment?
2. What is the purpose of revisionist history, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say early anthropologists say about hunting?
4. What argument of E.O. Wilson's does book reject?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver grow up expecting?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)