|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What myth does Barbara Kingsolver say is starting to be exposed?
(a) The myth that marriage should be blissful.
(b) The myth that families can survive in isolation.
(c) The myth that spouses continue to love each other throughout marriage.
(d) The myth that success comes from hard work.
2. What is in stone soup?
(a) Rice and lamb.
(b) Potatoes, carrots and kale.
(c) Chicken stock and potatoes.
(d) Whatever people can throw in.
3. Where does Barbara Kingsolver say U.S. culture is going?
(a) Over the hill to decay.
(b) Into the future with new cultural developments.
(c) Downhill to a 'self' mentality.
(d) Further into a leadership role.
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say Wilson ignores?
(a) Environmental influences on behavior.
(b) Modern social forces.
(c) Genetic influences.
(d) Natural forces.
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver expect would take her away from the band?
(a) Book tour.
(c) Journalism assignments.
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are many school bonds voted down, in Barbara Kingsolver's opinion?
2. How do Barbara Kingsolver's meditations on private property relate to her thoughts about moving to Tucson?
3. Where did Barbara Kingsolver live when Camille was four?
4. What does Barbara Kingsolver say early anthropologists say about hunting?
5. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)