|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say is society's responsibility in regard to children?
(a) To feed and clothe them.
(b) To help them reach their dreams.
(c) To get them through high school.
(d) To participate in their care.
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say her school system would not have prepared her for?
(d) A career.
3. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
(a) They see children as little bothers.
(b) They see children in terms of economics.
(c) They see children as little souls.
(d) They see children as luxuries.
4. Under what conditions will the pupfish be monogamous, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) After they have mated.
(b) When food is scarce.
(c) When females are scarce.
(d) After they have chosen a life mate.
5. What predisposes human males to infidelity, according to Barbara Kingsolver?
(a) The desire to further one's civilization.
(b) The desire to possess females.
(c) The desire to gain status.
(d) The desire to spread genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notion does Barbara Kingsolver dismiss as absurd?
2. What did one boy compare Barbara Kingsolver to in high school?
3. How does Barbara Kingsolver describe the photos that represent her past, now that she's moved to Tucson?
4. What other developments does Barbara Kingsolver say resulted from hunting?
5. What is the difference between men's and women's salaries after a divorce, in Barbara Kingsolver's account?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)