|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with the education system in Barbara Kingsolver's hometown?
(a) Race tension.
(b) Meager funds.
(c) Social turmoil.
(d) Rural biases against intellectuals.
2. How does Barbara Kingsolver characterize the hotel in Cotonou?
3. What was Camille thrilled by at Horse Lick Creek?
(b) Deer tracks.
(c) Cliff dwellings.
(d) Ancient ruins.
4. Where did Barbara Kingsolver live when Camille was four?
5. What geo-political events motivated Barbara Kingsolver to travel?
(a) The fall of the Berlin Wall.
(b) Drought in Tucson.
(c) Hurricane Hugo.
(d) The Gulf War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Horse Lick Creek threatened by, when Barbara Kingsolver visited?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say the librarian might have seen in her?
3. What did Barbara Kingsolver beg her parents for one Christmas?
4. What skill did Camille develop during Barbara Kingsolver's travels with her?
5. What would Barbara Kingsolver wear to school?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)