|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara Kingsolver say people feel about children in the place where the family lived in Camille's fourth year?
2. How did Barbara Kingsolver respond to the demands of fashion as an adult?
(a) By having an impeccable wardrobe.
(b) By having a beautiful, popular husband.
(c) By moving west.
(d) By secluding herself.
3. What does Barbara Kingsolver say she lacked in high school?
(b) Relations with adults.
(c) A belief system.
4. What issues does Barbara Kingsolver say she learned about through the librarian?
5. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
(a) They see children in terms of economics.
(b) They see children as luxuries.
(c) They see children as little souls.
(d) They see children as little bothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Barbara Kingsolver's friends doing in Africa?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say could be purchased at Turner's General Store?
3. What was Barbara Kingsolver fleeing from in the U.S.?
4. What notion does Barbara Kingsolver dismiss as absurd?
5. What sound woke Barbara Kingsolver on her first morning in Cotonou?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)