|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Essays 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Barbara Kingsolver settle in her travels?
2. What does Barbara Kingsolver say is society's responsibility in regard to children?
(a) To help them reach their dreams.
(b) To get them through high school.
(c) To participate in their care.
(d) To feed and clothe them.
3. Where does Barbara Kingsolver say U.S. culture is going?
(a) Further into a leadership role.
(b) Downhill to a 'self' mentality.
(c) Over the hill to decay.
(d) Into the future with new cultural developments.
4. What did one boy compare Barbara Kingsolver to in high school?
(a) Bride of Frankenstein.
(b) Madame Curie.
(c) The creature from the Black Lagoon.
5. Where did Barbara Kingsolver travel to in 1991?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the consequence of the librarian's relationship with Barbara Kingsolver?
2. What did living in this place make Barbara Kingsolver see about how Americans see children?
3. Why was Barbara Kingsolver sad when she collected mussels from Horse Lick Creek?
4. What did Barbara Kingsolver buy in the unnamed town she found?
5. What did Barbara Kingsolver get instead of what she'd asked for, at Christmas?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)