|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie do when she spies Shempsky?
2. Where were the checks Stephanie has canceled?
3. Where does Stephanie see Rameriz?
4. What does Stephanie notice behind the butcher's?
5. What check does Stephanie pick up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ranger respond to the report of the BMW and why do you think he feels the way he does?
2. How does Stephanie now know Shempsky is tied to her uncle Fred's disappearance?
3. What happens to the BMW and why is that humorous?
4. What is revealed about Fred and Mabel's relationship through mention of what Mabel has been doing?
5. Who else takes Stephanie unawares after she escapes from Rameriz? Is this new situation any more dangerous?
6. Who attacks Stephanie and why do you think she does not see the attack coming?
7. Why does Stephanie think she and Morelli are working on the same case?
8. What does Stephanie, her grandma and Briggs scheme to accomplish at Lipinski's viewing?
9. What indicates that there is a strong possibility that one of those involved in the money skimming scheme may work for the bank or the garbage company?
10. What does Stephanie decide at the last moment concerning the wedding she is attending and what do you think is her motivation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. What three secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli to Ranger.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Joe to Stephanie to that of Ranger to Stephanie.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Stephanie lives to your own.
Essay Topic 3
This novel belongs to the general literary category of fiction and the genre of detective fiction, although it has characteristics of other genres also. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term genre.
2. Why do you think books are categorized by genre? What are the advantages? The disadvantages?
3. Discuss in what ways you think High Five belongs to the detective fiction genre.
4. To what other genres could this book possibly belong?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)