|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stephanie take Briggs to her parents' house?
2. What does Stephanie think Ranger might want in return?
3. Why does Stephanie spend the rest of the night on her couch?
4. Who is Stephanie supposed to take to the airport?
5. Where does Stephanie go from her apartment complex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie witness at Morelli's house; how does she react and how does she compensate for her feelings?
2. What does Stephanie, her grandma and Briggs scheme to accomplish at Lipinski's viewing?
3. What does Morelli tell Stephanie and does this have any effect upon her actions? Should it?
4. What is revealed about Fred and Mabel's relationship through mention of what Mabel has been doing?
5. What does Stephanie and Lula learn from the clerk at the garbage company that may turn out to be important?
6. Where does Stephannie take Fred's check and what might this foreshadow?
7. What indicates that there is a strong possibility that one of those involved in the money skimming scheme may work for the bank or the garbage company?
8. How does Ranger respond to the report of the BMW and why do you think he feels the way he does?
9. Why does Stephanie leave the wedding reception without Morelli and what does she do?
10. What happens to the BMW and why is that humorous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of Stephanie's friendship have a history that goes back to a time when Stephanie is a young girl. Some of them at the very least go back to her high school years. Discuss the following:
1. Choose one of Stephanie's long-term friendships and thoroughly analyze it to include why you think it has lasted and if you think it is a relationship that has "depth" to it.
2. What are the advantages of having friendships for many decades?
3. What are the disadvantages of having decades-long friendships?
4. There is a musical round whose first lines are "Make new friends, but keep the old." Do you think this is good advice?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the follow to discuss:
1. The theme of women in non-traditional roles.
2. The theme of frustration.
3. The theme of male chauvinism.
Essay Topic 3
In chapter 13, when Stephanies talks to Mabel's, she learns nothing new except that Mabel has gone on a spending spree and appears to be optimistic that Fred will never return. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think Mabel is in denial and is merely taking advantage of the situation until Fred's return? Why or why not.
2. What are some aspects of Fred's character that makes it believable that Mabel would be celebrating his demise?
3. How do you think Mabel would respond to Fred's returning to her alive and well?
4. Should Mabel welcome Fred back if she learns of his infidelity?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)