|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the witness that saw Fred say about the picture Stephanie shows her?
2. To what does Stephanie agree?
3. Who does Stephanie want to invite over after the excitement of the arrest dies down?
4. Of what does Stephanie suspect Shermsky?
5. About what theories does Stephanie tell Morelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ranger respond to the report of the BMW and why do you think he feels the way he does?
2. How does Stephanie now know Shempsky is tied to her uncle Fred's disappearance?
3. What does Shempsky tell Stephanie about his plans?
4. Why does Lipinski kill his wife, Laura and Shempsky kill Fred?
5. Who attacks Stephanie and why do you think she does not see the attack coming?
6. What is revealed about Fred and Mabel's relationship through mention of what Mabel has been doing?
7. What does Stephanie, her grandma and Briggs scheme to accomplish at Lipinski's viewing?
8. How does Stephanie, along with the reader, finally learn about Shempsky's involvement in the situation Stpehanie (and Morelli) has been investigating?
9. What other company seems to have "lost" the names of paying customers and what might this mean?
10. What does Morelli tell Stephanie to do and what is her response? Why do you think Stephanie refuses to back off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many incidences of irony in High Five. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze five incidences of irony.
2. Why do you think authors write irony into their stories?
3. Do the ironic situations in High Five enhance the reading experience? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli to Ranger.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Joe to Stephanie to that of Ranger to Stephanie.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Stephanie lives to your own.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie finds herself struggling with her desire to have a committed relationship with Morelli or a hot affair with Ranger. Stephanie's affection tends toward Morelli despite his past reputation as a womanizer. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think Morelli can stop being a womanizer if he marries Stephanie (or any woman)? Why or why not.
2. Why do you think Stephanie only thinks of Ranger in terms of an affair rather than marriage?
3. Who do you think wold make the better husband--Ranger or Joe Morelli?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)