|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie goad Shermsky into doing?
2. What does Stephanie learn at her mother's house?
3. Why does Stephanie spend the rest of the night on her couch?
4. How does Ranger respond?
5. About what theories does Stephanie tell Morelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephanie suspect about Shempsky and why is it suspicious that he's not at work? What might this foreshadow?
2. What happens to the BMW and why is that humorous?
3. What happens when Stephanie meets Ranger for dinner and what do you think is going on?
4. How does Ranger respond to the report of the BMW and why do you think he feels the way he does?
5. What indicates that there is a strong possibility that one of those involved in the money skimming scheme may work for the bank or the garbage company?
6. What does Stephanie decide at the last moment concerning the wedding she is attending and what do you think is her motivation?
7. What breakthrough does Stephanie have in the case of her missing uncle on Sunday?
8. Why does Stephanie leave the wedding reception without Morelli and what does she do?
9. Why does Lipinski kill his wife, Laura and Shempsky kill Fred?
10. Describe the situation of Shempsky being caught.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A number of characters in High Five are people who are living on the wrong side of the law or at the very least at the edge of legality. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze two characters who live in the "grey zone" between legal and illegal.
2. Compare/contrast Stephanie's attitudes towards lawbreakers versus that of Joe Morelli.
3. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli's attitudes towards lawbreakers versus that of Ranger.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. What three secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Do you think being a bounty hunter is an appropriate occupation for a woman? Discuss fully.
2. Do you think Stephanie Plum could be considered a successful bounty hunter?
3. Compare/contrast the way Morelli views Stephanie's occupation versus the way Ranger views it.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)