|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jackie's husband?
2. What is Laura's dad's name?
3. What band does the narrator attribute to his falling for Rosie?
4. What time is Laura's father's funeral?
5. Where does the narrator go to eat on his date with Penny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Laura comes to move her things out? How long does this take?
2. What happens to make Rob walk out after the funeral?
3. What does Liz tell Rob when she asks him out for a drink in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Rob attend the funeral with? How does he feel about it? What do they talk about on the ride there?
5. What does the protagonist ask about while out with his second girlfriend? How does she react?
6. Where does Rob go to hide from Laura after the funeral? What does she say to him?
7. How is it for the protagonist to meet his second girlfriend? Where do they meet?
8. Who does Charlie want Rob to meet? Why? How does he feel about it?
9. Who is Jackie? Why does Rob go to see her? What does he learn there?
10. Why does Ian phone Rob? What is their conversation? How is Rob once it ends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the phrase, spoken by the narrator, "What you like is more important than what you are like." What does this phrase mean? How does it apply to the novel? Is the character proved right or wrong by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the structure of High Fidelity. Define the terms exposition, rising action, climax, and falling action in your answer and explain where these are found in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the main character in High Fidelity. How do we know this character's thoughts and feelings? What are the objectives which drive the character's actions?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)