|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What does the narrator wonder whether he likes it because he's unhappy or if he's unhappy because he likes it?
(a) Sappy movies.
(b) Pop music.
(d) Rap music.
3. Where does the narrator go with Marie to see T-Bone play in Chapter 20?
(a) Rogers Arena.
(b) The White Horse.
(c) Stoke Newington.
4. In what kind of films does Liz say she's seen men like Rob?
(a) Bad comedies.
(b) Doris Day films.
(c) Richard Pryor films.
(d) Film noir.
5. Where does Laura phone Rob from on his birthday?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) Ian's room.
(c) A phone booth.
(d) Her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alison now live?
2. Which of Rob's friends meets him at the pub on his birthday?
3. What name does Rob give to Mrs. Ashworth?
4. What color hair does Charlie have?
5. Where is Liz about to fly for work in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Rob convince to go out on the night of his birthday? What is this group like?
2. Who stops outside the shop to look at a flier? Why does he speak to Barry?
3. What happens on Rob's birthday? Who calls?
4. Who comes into the shop unannounced in Chapter 22? Why?
5. How is it for the protagonist to meet his second girlfriend? Where do they meet?
6. What does Liz tell Rob when she asks him out for a drink in Chapter 15?
7. What happens when Laura comes to move her things out? How long does this take?
8. How does the narrator feel seeing Laura after the funeral?
9. Who does Charlie want Rob to meet? Why? How does he feel about it?
10. What does Rob remark about the times after he and Laura got back together in Chapter 29?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)