|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the women the narrator says he wishes "lived on his street"?
(a) Holly Hunter.
(b) Jessica Tandy.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Janet Jackson.
2. Who isn't going to Laura's father's funeral?
(b) Laura's mother.
3. Where does the narrator go with Marie to see T-Bone play in Chapter 20?
(b) Stoke Newington.
(c) The White Horse.
(d) Rogers Arena.
4. What does the narrator do for his birthday?
(a) Rents videos.
(b) Goes to a concert.
(c) Goes to the cinema.
(d) Hosts a large party.
5. What line does Rob refer to which Dick says is a song off a Richard Thompson album?
(a) "Where are those blue eyes?"
(b) "I told you I love her."
(c) "Has she got a friend for me?"
(d) "Over the rainbow."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the funeral for Laura's dad held?
2. What does Rob think that Laura says when he calls her to tell her about a colleague's message in Chapter 25?
3. On what day is the funeral for Laura's father?
4. How many funerals has the narrator been to in the past (before the one in the novel)?
5. Where is Barry's band set to play in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Laura comes to move her things out? How long does this take?
2. What does Rob remark about the times after he and Laura got back together in Chapter 29?
3. Who does Rob convince to go out on the night of his birthday? What is this group like?
4. Why does Ian phone Rob? What is their conversation? How is Rob once it ends?
5. Where does Rob meet Sarah? What happens while they are out together?
6. What does the protagonist ask about while out with his second girlfriend? How does she react?
7. How is it for the protagonist to meet his second girlfriend? Where do they meet?
8. What is Rob's interaction with Alison Ashworth's parents?
9. What do the guys talk about at work regarding funeral music?
10. What happens to make Rob walk out after the funeral?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)