|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Marie say is about a breakup with her ex?
(a) "Before We Met."
(b) "Got to Get You Out of My Mind."
(c) "Letting Go."
(d) "Patsy Cline Times Two."
2. What information has the narrator discovered before going out and meeting up with Marie and friends in Chapter 10?
(a) Laura is getting married.
(b) Laura is leaving London.
(c) Laura is coming back to him.
(d) Laura hasn't slept with Ian.
3. How much time has passed between Laura's leaving and the phone call from the woman with the album collection?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
4. Who is number one on the list of "Top five memorable breakups"?
(a) Charlie Nicholson.
(b) Alison Ashworth.
(c) Jackie Allen.
(d) Sarah Kendrew.
5. What day of the week is the busiest at Rob's shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the club where the narrator deejayed?
2. What does the narrator say that "like breaking up, is hard to do"?
3. What does Marie believe that sex is?
4. What has the narrator determined with Barry is what matters, as opposed to "what you are like"?
5. How much does Rob offer as a compromise to the woman for the record collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rob recall about how he met Laura? What song did she request?
2. How does Rob assume Liz found out information which made her yell at him? What could she have found out?
3. What happens when the narrator's mother calls in Chapter 2?
4. How does Rob end up sleeping with Marie? How does Rob feel about their interaction?
5. What "astonishing" thing happens at the shop regarding "The Sid James Experience?"
6. Why do Barry and Rob have a fight in Chapter 9?
7. Where do the protagonist and his friends go to hear music in Chapter 5? Who do they hear? How does the main character react?
8. Describe the character of Barry. What does he do for employment?
9. What interaction does Barry have with a customer in the shop that angers Rob? How does he react?
10. What were the narrator's first two relationships like and how did they end?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)