|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura say she wants to pick up from Rob's apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Their dog.
(d) Their cat.
2. What is the top favorite film of both the narrator's parents?
(a) The Way We Were.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) Mr. Porter.
3. What is the narrator upset his parents didn't tell him that they bought?
(a) A VCR.
(b) A record-player.
(c) A television.
(d) A CD player.
4. What does the narrator say he has always hated in Chapter 11?
(d) His parents.
5. Where does the woman live who calls about the record collection in Chapter 6?
(c) Wood Green.
(d) Crouch End.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend who was dating Jackie?
2. In what year does Chapter 2 of the introduction take place?
3. Where was the club where the narrator deejayed?
4. How long did the narrator go out with Charlie?
5. Who is the friend of both the narrator and Laura who wishes they would get back together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rob say when he thinks of the progression of his and Laura's relationship?
2. What does Rob recall about how he met Laura? What song did she request?
3. Describe the character of Barry. What does he do for employment?
4. How does the protagonist discover who "Ian" is? How does he recall this character?
5. What does Rob ask Laura about Ian in Chapter 10? What does she respond?
6. What does the protagonist think of the idea of going to the movies with his parents? Who does he see at the cinema who depresses him?
7. Where do the protagonist and his friends go to hear music in Chapter 5? Who do they hear? How does the main character react?
8. What happens when the narrator's mother calls in Chapter 2?
9. How does the main character react to the pricing of the record collection?
10. What does Rob ask Laura when they meet at a pub in Chapter 14? What does she reply?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)