|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vassago want from Honell?
2. What did Jeremy finally decide to do with Regina?
3. What did Regina speculate you looked like in heaven?
4. How was Vassago to reclaim his place in hell?
5. On what ride did Jeremy decide to kill Tod?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Regina regains consciousness, how does she cope with the situation?
2. What other events of importance does Jeremy remember?
3. What does Nyebern find in the freezer when he goes for steaks?
4. After Hatch tries to warn Honell, he gets a vision of the killer already with the author of the scathing article. What does he do about it?
5. Vassago reveals the details of his escape from the slavery of the rules of society and reveals that his christian name was Jeremy. How and why did this occur?
6. What moral/ethical dilemma does Dr. Nyebern reflect on?
7. Why was Jeremy never questioned about his role in the murders?
8. Why does Vassago hurt Loffman anyway?
9. Dr. Nyebern broods about Jeremy but Kari tells him he can't blame himself. What is he brooding about and why does Kari believe he is blameless?
10. What does Regina do for the first time to Hatch that she hasn't done yet for Lindsey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss your feelings regarding the novel. Did it end in a satisfactory way? Research and explain what elements are carried throughout Dean Koontz's work.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the symbolism of the Devil in the fun house. Why was this the ideal location for Vassago to store his collection? What conditions had made this location perfect and unlikely to be disturbed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Regina. What is the interest of the embodiment of good regarding Regina? What is the interest of the embodiment of evil regarding the young girl? What does she embody, and what brings the reader to this conclusion?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)