|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Regina's hideaway?
2. What did Jonas change careers to?
3. What did Lindsey sense around the fun house?
4. What kind of steak did Jonas crave?
5. What did Jeremy feel an affinity with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vassago hurt Loffman anyway?
2. Hatch retains two mementos of the events that occurred. What are they and what is their significance?
3. What other events of importance does Jeremy remember?
4. Why was Jeremy never questioned about his role in the murders?
5. What concerns do Lindsey and Hatch have about Regina at this stage?
6. What are Regina's first impressions when Hatch and Lindsey take her home?
7. How does Jeremy get Lindsey's address finally?
8. What does Nyebern find in the freezer when he goes for steaks?
9. What is Lindsey's painting of, and why does it make Hatch cry when he sees it?
10. When Jeremy grabs Regina, he doesn't leave right away. Why not? How does he subdue her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jeremy's affliction and inability to love. Is this a common thread among sociopath individuals? How or why not? Does this seem to be a core idea held by all serial killers? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jonas Nyebern's change of career at the end of the novel. Why was this? How does this seem like a good career choice for him? Why is this? What does he avoid by switching careers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dean Koontz's writing style. Are there any similar authors out there, and if so, who? If not, what makes Koontz's writing unique from any other writing style? What makes them similar? What elements to the story are strictly Koontz?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)