|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Hatch let the phone ring on Honell's side?
2. For what reason could Honell not see?
3. What was the amount of the first check Regina got from writing?
4. Through how many detective agencies had Jonas sought his son?
5. What word gave Hatch pause for thought after he had heard the messages?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jeremy grabs Regina, he doesn't leave right away. Why not? How does he subdue her?
2. When Regina regains consciousness, how does she cope with the situation?
3. Jeremy has a dilemma when he reaches Lindsey's house. What is it and how does he resolve it?
4. What are Regina's first impressions when Hatch and Lindsey take her home?
5. What does Nyebern find in the freezer when he goes for steaks?
6. How does Jeremy get Lindsey's address finally?
7. How does Hatch believe he will be more successful than the police in finding Jeremy and Regina?
8. What other events of importance does Jeremy remember?
9. What does Hatch fear when he regains control over himself and realizes he has had another blackout?
10. What does Hatch see and dismiss that he shouldn't have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jeremy's affliction and inability to love. Is this a common thread among sociopath individuals? How or why not? Does this seem to be a core idea held by all serial killers? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the allusion to religious beliefs throughout this novel. What faith's mantras are largely promoted throughout this book? How might this affect the fan base of the author? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what elements of fiction are contrived in the serial murders of Vassago/Jeremy. How would anything of this caliber be unlikely to be achievable in the real world?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)