|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Regina know she couldn't scream?
2. What did Jonas find in the freezer?
3. What was the thing that jolted Hatch out of his rage?
4. What was caught in a circle above Regina's head?
5. How many times had Jeremy stabbed his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Regina do for the first time to Hatch that she hasn't done yet for Lindsey?
2. What does Hatch fear when he regains control over himself and realizes he has had another blackout?
3. What does Nyebern find in the freezer when he goes for steaks?
4. What concerns do Lindsey and Hatch have about Regina at this stage?
5. What action does Vassago feel will bring him closer to Lindsey?
6. What is Lindsey's painting of, and why does it make Hatch cry when he sees it?
7. How does Hatch believe he will be more successful than the police in finding Jeremy and Regina?
8. Jeremy has a dilemma when he reaches Lindsey's house. What is it and how does he resolve it?
9. When Regina regains consciousness, how does she cope with the situation?
10. What does Hatch see and dismiss that he shouldn't have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Regina. What is the interest of the embodiment of good regarding Regina? What is the interest of the embodiment of evil regarding the young girl? What does she embody, and what brings the reader to this conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lindsey's painting of Jimmy. What did this represent? Why did it move Hatch to tears? Are these normal reactions? How or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your feelings regarding the novel. Did it end in a satisfactory way? Research and explain what elements are carried throughout Dean Koontz's work.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)