|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the blond's eyes?
2. What was the mistake Margaret made?
3. What name was Hatch calling out?
4. Why were eye drops placed in the eyes of the cadaver?
5. How long had Hatch been dead before Jonas made the call?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was time so important to Dr. Jonas Nyebern?
2. What relieved Redlow, temporarily?
3. Why did Lisa want the guy dead that Vassago was headed towards?
4. What fear did Hatch have regarding his dreams?
5. Why did Vassago frequent the Blue Skies Motel?
6. Why did Lindsey fear being blind?
7. Why couldn't Hatch and Lindsey simply try for another child?
8. What did Vassago want to do to the woman in the bar?
9. What effect did the river water have on Lindsey?
10. Why did Regina think of herself as such a screw up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dean Koontz's writing style. Are there any similar authors out there, and if so, who? If not, what makes Koontz's writing unique from any other writing style? What makes them similar? What elements to the story are strictly Koontz?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Lindsey. How does she prove herself to be a dynamic character throughout the novel? In what ways does she go through a radical change, and how does it affect the readers perception of the character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the final showdown of the supernatural forces at the end of the novel. How does Jeremy react to being told he will only be a slave, and not a demon prince. Why does this actually scare him?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)