|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last thing the paramedics said to Lindsey?
2. What did Vassago have to use on Redlow?
3. What did Lindsey perceive as a strange and distant cry?
4. What was the last thing that came to Hatch?
5. What had Lindsey learned about Jonas Nyebern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lindsey learn how not to cry?
2. What was Jonas' greatest weakness as a physician?
3. Why was Lindsey not comforted by the arrival of the mysterious Dr. Nyeburn?
4. Why couldn't Hatch and Lindsey simply try for another child?
5. What kinds of things did Vassago like about Rip it?
6. How did the car end up at the bottom of the ravine?
7. Why did Vassago eat junk food?
8. What did Vassago do to the bodies within the fun house?
9. What was the purpose of the network of tunnels?
10. Why had Lindsey and Hatch gone to the lake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Regina's psychological reactions to both her being returned to the orphanage and to Vassago's manhandling of her. Is this the normal reaction of a child in distress? If so, what brings on this reaction? If not, research what kinds of reactions would be more realistic to the situation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the symbolism of the Devil in the fun house. Why was this the ideal location for Vassago to store his collection? What conditions had made this location perfect and unlikely to be disturbed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss your feelings regarding the novel. Did it end in a satisfactory way? Research and explain what elements are carried throughout Dean Koontz's work.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)