|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Hatch been dead before Jonas made the call?
2. Who had Lindsey been going steady with at Senior Prom?
3. At what minute did Hatch come back and gain a pulse?
4. Why did Vassago prefer women?
5. What did the white icing stuck to the wafer in the left hand mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vassago want to do to the woman in the bar?
2. What prevailed in the dreams that Lindsey kept slipping into?
3. What was the purpose of the network of tunnels?
4. Why couldn't Hatch and Lindsey simply try for another child?
5. What did the image of Vassago's reflection remind him of, and how did he react to this?
6. Why did Vassago eat junk food?
7. Why was Nyebern apprehensive about reviving Hatch?
8. How did Lindsey perceive the person who had administered the oxygen and CO2 mix?
9. What effect did the river water have on Lindsey?
10. Why did the collector stop going by his Christian name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide an explanation as to why Hatch and Jeremy maintained such a close bond throughout the novel, despite their dislike of each other and their values. Explain what might have been the authors objective in creating this connection.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your feelings regarding the novel. Did it end in a satisfactory way? Research and explain what elements are carried throughout Dean Koontz's work.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jonas Nyebern's change of career at the end of the novel. Why was this? How does this seem like a good career choice for him? Why is this? What does he avoid by switching careers?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)