|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hatch and Lindsey think of Regina?
2. What did Vassago have to use on Redlow?
3. What kind of beer did Vassago drink?
4. Why didn't Lindsey's anger offend Lee?
5. What was the name of the night club that Vassago went to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things did Vassago like about Rip it?
2. What had happened to Lindsey following the death of Jimmy?
3. Why was time so important to Dr. Jonas Nyebern?
4. Why did Vassago like rats?
5. Why did Hatch and Lindsey like Regina?
6. How did Lindsey perceive the person who had administered the oxygen and CO2 mix?
7. What is aphasia, and why is it a good thing that Hatch isn't aphasic?
8. Why did Lindsey learn how not to cry?
9. What did Vassago want to do to the woman in the bar?
10. What fear did Hatch have regarding his dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide an explanation as to why Hatch and Jeremy maintained such a close bond throughout the novel, despite their dislike of each other and their values. Explain what might have been the authors objective in creating this connection.
Essay Topic 2
What did Helga do to show her support for Dr. Nyebern's call? How did this display her consideration of Jonas' cause? Why did it support him? How would she have done things differently if she hadn't supported him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Regina's psychological reactions to both her being returned to the orphanage and to Vassago's manhandling of her. Is this the normal reaction of a child in distress? If so, what brings on this reaction? If not, research what kinds of reactions would be more realistic to the situation.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)