|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away does the guy the blond wants to kill live?
2. What name was Hatch calling out?
3. What is the name of the child that Hatch and Lindsey are meeting?
4. Why couldn't Lindsey infuse her words with anger?
5. What had Lindsey learned about Jonas Nyebern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vassago eat junk food?
2. What kinds of things did Vassago like about Rip it?
3. Why did Vassago like rats?
4. Why did Regina think of herself as such a screw up?
5. Why had Lindsey and Hatch gone to the lake?
6. Why was Nyebern apprehensive about reviving Hatch?
7. Why did Hatch and Lindsey like Regina?
8. What relieved Redlow, temporarily?
9. What is aphasia, and why is it a good thing that Hatch isn't aphasic?
10. What effect did the river water have on Lindsey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Lindsey. How does she prove herself to be a dynamic character throughout the novel? In what ways does she go through a radical change, and how does it affect the readers perception of the character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dean Koontz's writing style. Are there any similar authors out there, and if so, who? If not, what makes Koontz's writing unique from any other writing style? What makes them similar? What elements to the story are strictly Koontz?
Essay Topic 3
What did Helga do to show her support for Dr. Nyebern's call? How did this display her consideration of Jonas' cause? Why did it support him? How would she have done things differently if she hadn't supported him?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)