|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the eyes of the paramedic that told Lindsey she would be okay?
2. What information did Lindsey solicit from her 'angel'?
3. Where had the ambulance brought Lindsey?
4. Why did Hatch try and make himself so nice?
5. At what minute did Hatch come back and gain a pulse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Margaret?
2. What had happened to Lindsey following the death of Jimmy?
3. Why had Lindsey and Hatch gone to the lake?
4. What prevailed in the dreams that Lindsey kept slipping into?
5. What fear did Hatch have regarding his dreams?
6. What did Vassago want to do to the woman in the bar?
7. Why did Lindsey fear being blind?
8. How did Lindsey perceive the person who had administered the oxygen and CO2 mix?
9. Why did Lindsey learn how not to cry?
10. What was Lindsey reminded of when she was being talked to in soothing tones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dean Koontz's writing style. Are there any similar authors out there, and if so, who? If not, what makes Koontz's writing unique from any other writing style? What makes them similar? What elements to the story are strictly Koontz?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Jeremy's behavior while he was still a boy. What should have been done with him following resuscitation? Provide an explanation as to why this wasn't done? How might the plot have been changed if this would have happened to Jeremy instead?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the allusion to religious beliefs throughout this novel. What faith's mantras are largely promoted throughout this book? How might this affect the fan base of the author? Why?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)