Chapters 1 and 2
1. What had been the reason for their vacation?
(a) None of these.
(b) To recapture the ease at which they originally held each other's company.
(c) To rekindle their friendship.
(d) To relax and have fun.
2. What was Lindsey's secret fear?
(a) To become deaf.
(b) To become blind.
(c) To die.
(d) To lose her husband.
3. What was the truck driver's guilt in the situation?
(a) He had been drinking.
(b) He had been asleep at the wheel.
(c) He hadn't cared about the couple at all.
(d) He hadn't responded fast enough.
4. What did Lindsey manage to convince herself of?
(a) That she would join her son in death.
(b) That Hatch wasn't dead.
(c) That Hatch would live again.
(d) That Hatch was beyond recovery.
5. What had started the truck driver drinking?
(a) Myra had died.
(b) Myra had left him.
(c) He hated his job and being on the road.
(d) Myra had kicked him out.
6. What did Lindsey find strength in?
(a) Her sorrow.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her terror.
This section contains 4,139 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)