1. How did Shetterly know the woman that her father told her was a human computer, thus sparking her interest in the topic?
The woman was her former Sunday School teacher.
2. What was Shetterly's father's job at Langley?
He was a climate scientist.
3. In 1970, what percentage of engineers in America were black?
4. What nickname did Hampton, Virginia give itself in 1962?
5. What was the name of the personnel officer at Langley Research Center when Dorothy Vaughan began working there?
6. What was the original name of NASA?
This section contains 5,521 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)