|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Katherine Goble Johnson meet her second husband?
(a) At Langley.
(b) At a basketball game.
(c) At a church choir practice.
(d) At a school board meeting.
2. What part of Langley did the black computers work in?
(a) West Area.
(b) South Area.
(c) East Area.
(d) North Area.
3. In the early 1960s how many black women at Langley were engineers?
4. What did Dorothy Vaughan do in the summer of 1944 to make her situation more permanent?
(a) Became a member of the church she had been attending.
(b) Signed a lease on a house.
(c) Divorced her husband.
(d) Signed a contract with Langley.
5. Who were the Greensboro Four?
(a) Engineers who designed the Mercury capsule.
(b) Black leaders who helped integrate schools.
(c) Four women in West Computing who were all from Greensboro.
(d) Students who sat at a segregated lunch counter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the employees at Langley warned against doing outside of the workplace during World War II?
2. What did the U.S. government do to prevent black leaders like Josephine Baker and W.E.B. Du Bois from having an impact on relations with newly independent countries?
3. Why was Katherine Goble Johnson unable to go to the editorial meetings?
4. What position was Dorothy Vaughan promoted to under Margery Hannah?
5. How did Dorothy Vaughan reinvent her career after the Analysis and Computation Division was created?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)