|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Katherine Goble Johnson gain access to the editorial meetings?
(a) She went to her supervisor and complained.
(b) She just walked into a meeting one day.
(c) She kept asking to attend until her male coworkers gave in.
(d) She went to the head of her department and made her case to be allowed to attend.
2. Why was it difficult for Mary Jackson to attend engineering classes at Hampton High School?
(a) Her supervisor had to give her permission to attend an engineering class.
(b) The classes were not open to women.
(c) The school was segregated.
(d) She had to walk there.
3. In what year was East Computing disbanded?
4. Who were the Greensboro Four?
(a) Four women in West Computing who were all from Greensboro.
(b) Engineers who designed the Mercury capsule.
(c) Black leaders who helped integrate schools.
(d) Students who sat at a segregated lunch counter.
5. Where did Jimmy Goble work when he and Katherine moved to Newsome Park?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a high school.
(c) The shipyard.
(d) Langley Research Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the division chief of The Flight Research Division when Katherine Goble Johnson was sent to work there?
2. What was the name of Katherine Goble Johnson's first husband?
3. What was Dorothy Vaughan's summer job before she began working at Langley?
4. In 1967, where did Katherine Goble Johnson meet Christine Mann Darden?
5. Why did Mary Jackson's calculations come up wrong when she was given an assignment by the chief of the Compressibility Division?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)