|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were black people expected to enter a bus due to segregation laws?
(a) By getting permission from the bus driver before entering.
(b) Through the back door of the bus.
(c) They had to wait for all white passengers to enter first.
(d) Through the front door of the bus.
2. How much was Dorothy Vaughan offered in pay to work at Langley in comparison to her teaching job?
(a) Twice as much.
(b) 50 percent more per hour.
(c) Ten cents more per hour.
(d) The same amount.
3. What did Katherine Goble Johnson's husband die from?
(a) A brain tumor.
(c) A heart attack.
4. What was Kaz's response when Mary told him about being laughed at by the white computers?
(a) He told her that if she did not like being laughed at, she should work somewhere else.
(b) He reprimanded the white computers.
(c) He invited her to come and work for him.
(d) He laughed at her.
5. Why was it difficult for Mary Jackson to attend engineering classes at Hampton High School?
(a) She had to walk there.
(b) The school was segregated.
(c) Her supervisor had to give her permission to attend an engineering class.
(d) The classes were not open to women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Langley do in hopes of turning the computers into junior engineers?
2. Whose family attended a concert with Dorothy Vaughan's family?
3. Why did the NAACP file a lawsuit against Booker T. Washington High School in Virginia?
4. Who coauthored Mary Jackson's first report?
5. What was Shetterly's father's job at Langley?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)