|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the U.S. government do to prevent black leaders like Josephine Baker and W.E.B. Du Bois from having an impact on relations with newly independent countries?
(a) Denounced them in the press.
(b) Put them in jail.
(c) Charged them with heavy fines.
(d) Revoked their passports.
2. How were black people expected to enter a bus due to segregation laws?
(a) Through the front door of the bus.
(b) They had to wait for all white passengers to enter first.
(c) By getting permission from the bus driver before entering.
(d) Through the back door of the bus.
3. What was the first machine used at Langley to perform computations?
(a) An Apple computer.
(b) An IBM computer.
(c) A Bell calculator.
(d) An abacus.
4. How did Margery Hannah treat the black computers?
(a) She ignored them.
(b) She went out of her way to be extra nice to them.
(c) As equals.
(d) As inferiors.
5. Whose family attended a concert with Dorothy Vaughan's family?
(a) Mary Jackson's family.
(b) Christine Darden's family.
(c) Margery Hannah's family.
(d) Miriam Mann's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hid the "colored computers" sign from the cafeteria?
2. At what age did Dorothy Vaughan graduate from high school?
3. How did Shetterly know the woman that her father told her was a human computer, thus sparking her interest in the topic?
4. Who coauthored Mary Jackson's first report?
5. What notable member of the U.S. Navy visited Langley shortly before Dorothy Vaughan arrived?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)