|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the NAACP file a lawsuit against Booker T. Washington High School in Virginia?
(a) They were paying black teachers less than white teachers.
(b) They were not offering black students the same opportunities as white students.
(c) They were not allowing black students to attend classes there.
(d) They would not hire black teachers.
2. What did the U.S. government do to prevent black leaders like Josephine Baker and W.E.B. Du Bois from having an impact on relations with newly independent countries?
(a) Put them in jail.
(b) Charged them with heavy fines.
(c) Denounced them in the press.
(d) Revoked their passports.
3. How many women, both black and white, were working as computers when Dorothy Vaughan started at Langley?
4. At the time when black women began working at Langley, what was considered the highest level of employment a black woman could achieve?
(b) School teacher.
5. Who was the head computer when Langley began hiring black women?
(a) Dorothy Vaughan.
(b) Virginia Tucker.
(c) Mary Jackson.
(d) Blanche Sponsler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did V-J day have on the workforce in the area surrounding Langley?
2. Who was West Computing's section head when Dorothy Vaughan first came to Langley?
3. What was the name of the group of black pilots whose exploits were closely followed by the black community during World War II?
4. What trial was Langley drawn into because of a suspected connection to one of the employees there?
5. Why did Mary Jackson return home after her first year as a teacher?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)