|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the rocket that was used to propel the Mercury capsule into orbit?
2. How did Katherine Goble Johnson gain access to the editorial meetings?
(a) She just walked into a meeting one day.
(b) She went to her supervisor and complained.
(c) She went to the head of her department and made her case to be allowed to attend.
(d) She kept asking to attend until her male coworkers gave in.
3. How did Dorothy Lee feel after agreeing with a report that women had to act like ladies in the workplace?
4. In what Langley building did much of the research surrounding spaceflight take place?
(a) Building 1244.
(b) Building 51.
(c) The Activities Building.
(d) The Space Research Building.
5. What was Dorothy Vaughan's summer job before she began working at Langley?
(a) She was a waitress.
(b) She worked at the USO.
(c) She did laundry at Camp Pickett.
(d) She was a bookkeeper for a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothy Vaughan's connection to Katherine Goble Johnson before working at Langley?
2. Where did Mary Jackson work immediately after her first year of teaching.
3. Which Executive Order desegregated the military?
4. What percentage of the world's population did NACA's chief legal counsel say was "colored" in a memo written in 1956?
5. How did Mary Jackson see her son's opportunity to build a soap box derby car?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)