|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students were killed in the bus crash at Moton High School?
2. Who led the protest at Cape Kennedy in the days before the launch of the flight to the moon?
(a) Reverend Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Asa Phillip Randolph.
3. What laws were being used in an attempt to dismantle black communities after World War II ended?
(a) Slum clearance laws.
(b) Wartime temporary housing laws.
(c) Federal housing approval laws.
(d) Segregation laws.
4. Who was the singer that Dorothy Vaughan took her children to see at Ogden Hall?
(a) Marian Anderson.
(b) Ellah Fitzgerald.
(c) Billie Holiday.
(d) Lena Horne.
5. What was the purpose of the document titled "Introduction to Outer Space" that was prepared by President Eisenhower's Advisory Committee on Science?
(a) The document was used as a recruiting tool for NASA.
(b) The document explained spaceflight in layman's terms to make the case that a space program was in America's best interests.
(c) The document was used as a teaching tool for new engineers.
(d) The document was used in high schools to teach space science.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dorothy Vaughan sometimes put dinner on the table for her children and then walk around the block before eating?
2. Who helped black college students coming to Langley in the 1960s to start their careers get accustomed to their new community?
3. Who completed the double-check of the trajectory for the Mercury flight?
4. What was Asa Phillip Randolph's position when he threatened to lead a march on Washington if war jobs were not opened to blacks?
5. What country were Americans concerned about their students being able to compete with?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)