Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
2. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
3. How many children does Herzog have?
4. What is Herzog's book about?
5. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herzog do when he arrives at Madeleine's house?
2. Who are the Pontritters?
3. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
5. What does Herzog do on his outings with Marco?
6. What happens at Father Herzog's bootlegging deal?
7. Why does Herzog clean himself up at the end of the novel?
8. Why does Herzog go to Europe?
9. With what does Madeleine replace religion?
10. Why does Herzog not want to marry Ramona?
Essay Topic 1
Herzog is father to two children - Marco and June. Describe his paternal relationship with each of his children. How is Herzog's father role similar or different to the role his father played in Herzog's life? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Herzog has relationships with several women, and all of them are different. Choose three of the women (Sono, Ramona, Daisy, Madeleine) Herzog has an affair/relationship with. Describe each relationship and its affect on Herzog's character. How do these relationships impact the story? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The beginning and ending scenes/chapters of the novel mirror each other. Compare and contrast the opening chapter of Herzog with the last chapter. How is this technique relevant to the story? Why has the author decided to take this approach?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)