|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Herzog write the President?
2. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
3. From whom did Herzog protect Libbie?
4. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
5. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Pontritters?
2. Describe the house in Ludeyville on Herzog's return trip.
3. Why does Herzog suggest a course on marriage?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
5. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. Why does Herzog need to write to Shapiro?
7. Why does Herzog no longer entirely trust Aunt Zelda?
8. Why does Herzog travel to Chicago in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Ramona call Herzog at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. Who is Ramona?
Essay Topic 1
A main goal for the characters in Herzog is to find truth and balance. Do any of the characters succeed at this discovery? Explain how three of the following characters (Herzog, Valentine, Phoebe, Daisy, Madeleine, Ramona) work to pursue the discovery of truth and balance. How does each character go about his/her pursuit? Is the character successful or not? Why? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Herzog is father to two children - Marco and June. Describe his paternal relationship with each of his children. How is Herzog's father role similar or different to the role his father played in Herzog's life? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Herzog has relationships with several women, and all of them are different. Choose three of the women (Sono, Ramona, Daisy, Madeleine) Herzog has an affair/relationship with. Describe each relationship and its affect on Herzog's character. How do these relationships impact the story? Use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 1,772 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)