|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
2. To whom does Herzog write?
3. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
4. What does Herzog purchase in Chapter 2?
5. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wanda?
2. Decribe Shura Herzog.
3. How does Herzog feel about the house in Ludeyville?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
5. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Herzog travel to Chicago in Chapter 7?
7. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
8. What does Herzog try to convince Phoebe to do?
9. Why does Ramona call Herzog at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. Describe the house in Ludeyville on Herzog's return trip.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Herzog's letters are a main focal point of the novel. What does the reader learn through these letters? How do the letters give insight into Herzog's character? Why does Herzog write the letters? Are the letters beneficial to him? Why doesn't he ever send any of the letters? Use specific examples to support the essay.
Essay Topic 2
Madeleine is one of the main characters of the story. While most of what the reader knows about Madeleine is through Herzog, the reader also sees Madeleine in action during the confrontation at the police station. Herzog believes that Madeleine is paranoid and mentally unstable. Why does he think this? Is Madeleine really unstable or does Herzog conveniently see her that way? What events support or contradict Herzog's views of Madeleine's personality and character? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Herzog is father to two children - Marco and June. Describe his paternal relationship with each of his children. How is Herzog's father role similar or different to the role his father played in Herzog's life? Use specific examples from the text.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)