|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The good are attracted by men's perceptions and think not for themselves"?
2. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
3. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) The hospital.
(b) More tests.
(d) A vacation.
4. What does Herzog tell Libbie when he first sees her?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He does not want to meet Arnold.
(c) He wants to marry her.
(d) He is not going to stay.
5. Who picks Herzog up at the ferry station?
(c) A cab driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of Herzog's job?
2. Where does the cab take Herzog?
3. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
4. What does Herzog tell himself he should write instead of letters?
5. Who does Madeleine think is following her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Father Herzog's bootlegging deal?
2. What does Madeleine's father tell Herzog when he meets him?
3. Who are the Pontritters?
4. What does Herzog do on his outings with Marco?
5. Why does Herzog suggest a course on marriage?
6. Who is Nachman?
7. Who is Wanda?
8. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
9. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
10. Why does Herzog need to write to Shapiro?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)