|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) A nun.
(b) A mother.
(c) An acrobat.
(d) A little girl.
2. Who is the main character?
3. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
4. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
(d) Dr. Emmerich.
5. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs an art studio.
(b) Runs a theatre.
(c) Runs a school for actors.
(d) Runs a bookshop.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
2. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
3. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
4. Who is Monsignor Hilton?
5. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
2. Why does Ramona call Herzog at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Herzog no longer entirely trust Aunt Zelda?
4. Describe Phoebe Gersbach.
5. How does June react when she sees Herzog in Chapter 8?
6. What does Madeleine tell the police that might hurt Herzog?
7. What does Will want Herzog to do?
8. Who is Sono?
9. Why does Herzog leave the academic life?
10. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)