|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
(a) A coffeeshop.
(b) A journal.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) His bedroom.
2. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) On a computer.
(b) In a textbook.
(c) In the library.
(d) In his closet.
3. Who cooked Madeleine and Herzog's wedding dinner?
4. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
(a) Dr. Emmerich.
5. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Depression and Christianity.
(b) Romanticism and Judaism.
(c) Depression and Judaism.
(d) Romanticism and Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
2. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
3. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
4. How does Herzog describe himself?
5. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reminds Herzog of Madeleine?
2. Why does Herzog clean himself up at the end of the novel?
3. What does Will want Herzog to do?
4. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Why does Herzog write a letter in his mind to Sandor Himmelstein?
6. Who is Nachman?
7. Why does Herzog go to see Aunt Zelda?
8. Describe Phoebe Gersbach.
9. What does Geraldine Portnoy's letter say?
10. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)