|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
2. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her fellowship in faith.
(b) Her tests in history.
(c) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(d) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
3. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) An acrobat.
(b) A mother.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A nun.
4. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
5. According to Herzog, what do nice girls marry for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
2. What does Herzog purchase in Chapter 2?
3. Who is the main character?
4. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
5. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Herzog arrives at the police station?
2. Who is Nachman?
3. Who are the Pontritters?
4. How does June react when she sees Herzog in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Herzog write a letter in his mind to Sandor Himmelstein?
6. For what does Herzog blame Dr. Edvig?
7. Why does Herzog clean himself up at the end of the novel?
8. Why is Herzog leaving the city?
9. Describe the house in Ludeyville on Herzog's return trip.
10. Who is Sono?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)