|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Monsignor Hilton?
(a) Madeleine's father.
(b) Herzog's father.
(c) A priest.
(d) Herzog's brother.
2. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(c) No one.
3. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
(a) Taking care of the children.
(b) Fighting for custody.
(c) Paying insurance.
(d) Paying alimony.
4. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
(b) A letter.
5. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The subway.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cooked Madeleine and Herzog's wedding dinner?
2. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
3. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
4. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
5. What does Herzog tell himself he should write instead of letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the main character of the novel.
2. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
3. Why does Herzog go shopping for clothes?
4. For what does Herzog blame Dr. Edvig?
5. Why does Herzog clean himself up at the end of the novel?
6. Who is Ramona?
7. Who is Madeleine?
8. What does Herzog write to Marco?
9. What does Geraldine Portnoy's letter say?
10. How does June react when she sees Herzog in Chapter 8?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)