|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Four hundred dollars.
2. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
(d) Dr. Emmerich.
3. According to Herzog, what do nice girls marry for?
4. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs a bookshop.
(b) Runs a theatre.
(c) Runs an art studio.
(d) Runs a school for actors.
5. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A poet.
(b) A writer.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog purchase in Chapter 2?
2. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
3. What instrument does Herzog play?
4. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
5. Who is Geraldine Portnoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Pontritters?
2. Who is Wanda?
3. What happens when Herzog and June leave the aquarium?
4. Why can't Herzog explain to Daisy's mother about his choices to abandon women?
5. Why does Herzog not want to marry Ramona?
6. Why does Herzog go to Europe?
7. What does Madeleine's father tell Herzog when he meets him?
8. Who is Nachman?
9. What does Herzog try to convince Phoebe to do?
10. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)