|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What course does Herzog suggest for the school?
2. Who is Madeleine's lover?
3. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(b) His wife.
(c) Dirty dishes.
(d) Court appearances.
4. Who did Herzog see when he returned to Chicago?
(a) Valentine Gersbach.
(b) Dr. Edvig.
(d) Aunt Zelda.
5. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
2. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
3. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
4. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
5. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reminds Herzog of Madeleine?
2. With what does Madeleine replace religion?
3. Why does Herzog go to Europe?
4. What is strange about Herzog's friend, Lucas Asphalter?
5. Decribe Shura Herzog.
6. Describe the main character of the novel.
7. For what does Herzog blame Dr. Edvig?
8. What does Geraldine Portnoy's letter say?
9. Why does Herzog go to visit his stepmother, Taube?
10. Who is Wanda?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)