|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That he is leaving her.
(b) That she should marry him.
(c) That is does not like her clothes.
(d) That he does not care for her.
2. What does Madeleine reveal about her childhood?
(a) She had no friends.
(b) She was well-off.
(c) She got into trouble.
(d) She was abused.
3. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The oboe.
(b) The piano.
(c) The trumpet.
(d) The clarinet.
4. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
5. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(b) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(c) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(d) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cooked Madeleine and Herzog's wedding dinner?
2. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
3. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
4. How many children does Herzog have?
5. What disease does Herzog have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Taube.
2. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Herzog not want to marry Ramona?
4. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
5. Why does Tennie, Madeleine's mother, think the situation is different with Herzog?
6. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
7. Why does Herzog no longer entirely trust Aunt Zelda?
8. Who is Nachman?
9. Describe the main character of the novel.
10. Who is Madeleine?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)