|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
2. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A suitcase.
(c) A soul.
3. What is odd about Lucas?
(a) His profession.
(b) His devotion to his mother.
(c) His attachment to animals.
(d) His appearance.
4. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs a school for actors.
(b) Runs a bookshop.
(c) Runs an art studio.
(d) Runs a theatre.
5. To whom does Herzog write?
(a) No one.
(c) Only his therapist.
(d) Only his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
2. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
3. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
4. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
5. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Phoebe Gersbach.
2. How does June react when she sees Herzog in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
4. Describe the house in Ludeyville on Herzog's return trip.
5. What does Herzog write to Marco?
6. Who is Madeleine?
7. Why can't Herzog explain to Daisy's mother about his choices to abandon women?
8. Why does Herzog leave the academic life?
9. Why does Herzog not want to marry Ramona?
10. Who is Sono?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)