|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
(a) Marco's school.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) Herzog's books.
2. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(d) Governor Stevenson.
3. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
(a) For him to divorce Daisy.
(b) For him to convert from Judaism.
(c) For him to give up Marco.
(d) For him to quit teaching.
4. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) Court appearances.
(c) Dirty dishes.
(d) His wife.
5. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
(a) To a lecture.
(b) To a movie.
(c) Back home.
(d) To dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "money's medium"?
2. To whom does Herzog think he owes money?
3. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
4. To what does Herzog compare his life?
5. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Herzog explain to Daisy's mother about his choices to abandon women?
2. Why does Ramona call Herzog at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Herzog travel to Chicago in Chapter 7?
4. Describe Phoebe Gersbach.
5. For what does Herzog blame Dr. Edvig?
6. What does Herzog do when he arrives at Madeleine's house?
7. What is relevant about the taxi driver that picks up Herzog?
8. Why is Herzog upset at the city courthouse?
9. Why does Herzog go to visit his stepmother, Taube?
10. Why does Herzog go to Europe?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)