|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
(a) Fighting for custody.
(b) Taking care of the children.
(c) Paying insurance.
(d) Paying alimony.
2. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
3. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
4. How does Herzog describe himself?
(a) As an agressive.
(b) As an idiot.
(c) As a genius.
(d) As a manic depressive.
5. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog purchase in Chapter 2?
2. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
3. What does Herzog do for a living?
4. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
5. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Herzog explain to Daisy's mother about his choices to abandon women?
2. What does Herzog say about this batch of letters he is writing at the Ludeyville house?
3. What does Herzog write to Marco?
4. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does Madeleine tell the police that might hurt Herzog?
6. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
7. What is strange about Herzog's friend, Lucas Asphalter?
8. Why does Herzog need to write to Shapiro?
9. Who is Ramona?
10. Who is George Hoberly?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)