Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
2. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A soul.
(d) A suitcase.
3. How many children does Herzog have?
4. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Depression and Judaism.
(b) Romanticism and Judaism.
(c) Depression and Christianity.
(d) Romanticism and Christianity.
5. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) On a computer.
(b) In his closet.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
2. What does Herzog do for a living?
3. Who is Herzog's second wife?
4. What instrument does Herzog play?
5. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herzog do when he arrives at Madeleine's house?
2. Who are the Pontritters?
3. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
5. What does Herzog do on his outings with Marco?
6. What happens at Father Herzog's bootlegging deal?
7. Why does Herzog clean himself up at the end of the novel?
8. Why does Herzog go to Europe?
9. With what does Madeleine replace religion?
10. Why does Herzog not want to marry Ramona?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)