|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herzog's first wife?
2. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Romanticism and Christianity.
(b) Depression and Judaism.
(c) Romanticism and Judaism.
(d) Depression and Christianity.
3. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
(a) Madeleine's husband.
(b) Herzog's friend.
(c) Madeleine's lover.
(d) Herzog's therapist.
4. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(a) Governor Stevenson.
5. To whom does Herzog write?
(a) Only his therapist.
(c) No one.
(d) Only his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Madeleine's lover?
2. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
3. Where does Herzog take Marco?
4. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
5. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sono?
2. Why does Herzog go to visit his stepmother, Taube?
3. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. How does June react when she sees Herzog in Chapter 8?
5. What is strange about Herzog's friend, Lucas Asphalter?
6. Who is Nachman?
7. How does Herzog feel about the house in Ludeyville?
8. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
9. Why does Herzog suggest a course on marriage?
10. Describe Taube.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)