|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
(a) For him to divorce Daisy.
(b) For him to quit teaching.
(c) For him to give up Marco.
(d) For him to convert from Judaism.
2. What does Herzog tell Libbie when he first sees her?
(a) He does not want to meet Arnold.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is not going to stay.
(d) He wants to marry her.
3. About what does Herzog write the President?
4. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
(a) Talk to Sandor's wife.
(b) Take an interest in Carmel.
(c) Keep the bar stocked.
(d) Keep away from Madeleine.
5. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
2. Who is Geraldine Portnoy?
3. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
4. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
5. Who is Monsignor Hilton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Herzog and June leave the aquarium?
2. Why does Herzog need to write to Shapiro?
3. Who is Wanda?
4. Why does Herzog suggest a course on marriage?
5. Describe Phoebe Gersbach.
6. What does Madeleine tell the police that might hurt Herzog?
7. Why does Herzog go to Europe?
8. Why does Herzog not want to marry Ramona?
9. Why does Herzog think a holiday should start with a train ride?
10. In Chapter 6, what does Herzog do the next morning with Ramona?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)