|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
(a) To thank him.
(b) To chastise him.
(c) To confess to him.
(d) To insult him.
2. What is odd about Lucas?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His attachment to animals.
(c) His profession.
(d) His devotion to his mother.
3. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) More tests.
(c) A vacation.
(d) The hospital.
4. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
(a) Because he married Daisy.
(b) Because he married Madeleine.
(c) Because he wanted to write books.
(d) Because he did not like his job.
5. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
(b) An insurance policy.
(c) A passport.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
2. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
3. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
4. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
5. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
2. With what does Madeleine replace religion?
3. What is relevant about the taxi driver that picks up Herzog?
4. Why does Herzog travel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does Herzog do on his outings with Marco?
6. Why can't Herzog explain to Daisy's mother about his choices to abandon women?
7. Who is Madeleine?
8. Describe the main character of the novel.
9. Why does Tennie, Madeleine's mother, think the situation is different with Herzog?
10. Decribe Shura Herzog.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)