|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Herzog write the President?
2. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
3. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A suitcase.
(c) A soul.
4. What is odd about Lucas?
(a) His attachment to animals.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His profession.
(d) His devotion to his mother.
5. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) On a computer.
(b) In his closet.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
2. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
3. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
4. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
5. What does Herzog tell Libbie when he first sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Taube.
2. Who are the Pontritters?
3. What happens when Herzog and June leave the aquarium?
4. Why does Herzog clean himself up at the end of the novel?
5. What is strange about Herzog's friend, Lucas Asphalter?
6. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Herzog need to write to Shapiro?
8. Why does Herzog go shopping for clothes?
9. Why does Herzog no longer entirely trust Aunt Zelda?
10. Why does Herzog travel to Chicago in Chapter 7?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)