|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
(d) New York.
2. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
3. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
(a) Because he married Madeleine.
(b) Because he did not like his job.
(c) Because he married Daisy.
(d) Because he wanted to write books.
4. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) Dirty dishes.
(c) Court appearances.
(d) His wife.
5. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
(a) The train station.
(b) A Victorian house.
(c) Martha's Vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
2. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
3. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
4. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
5. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
2. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
3. What does Geraldine Portnoy's letter say?
4. What does Will want Herzog to do?
5. Who are the Pontritters?
6. What reminds Herzog of Madeleine?
7. Why is Herzog upset at the city courthouse?
8. What does Madeleine's father tell Herzog when he meets him?
9. Who is Nachman?
10. Why does Herzog go to visit his stepmother, Taube?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)