|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
(a) To confess to him.
(b) To thank him.
(c) To chastise him.
(d) To insult him.
2. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
(c) New York.
3. What did Herzog purchase for his mother-in-law?
(c) Virginia Rounds.
(d) Movie posters.
4. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) The Berkshires.
(d) New York.
5. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. What does Herzog tell himself he should write instead of letters?
3. How many children does Herzog have?
4. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
5. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ramona call Herzog at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why does Herzog go shopping for clothes?
3. How does Herzog feel about the house in Ludeyville?
4. Why does Tennie, Madeleine's mother, think the situation is different with Herzog?
5. Why is Polina upset with Daisy?
6. Who would be hit the worst by the court case?
7. With what does Madeleine replace religion?
8. Describe Taube.
9. What happens at Father Herzog's bootlegging deal?
10. What does Lucas Asphalter do for Herzog in Chapter 7?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)