|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
2. How does Herzog describe Shapiro's work?
(a) Rich history.
(b) Exaggerated non-fiction.
(c) Conspiracy theory.
(d) Utopian fiction.
3. Who did Herzog see when he returned to Chicago?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
(c) Valentine Gersbach.
(d) Aunt Zelda.
4. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
5. From whom did Herzog protect Libbie?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
2. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
3. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
4. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
5. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ramona call Herzog at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why does Herzog go to visit his stepmother, Taube?
3. Who is Wanda?
4. How does Herzog feel about the house in Ludeyville?
5. What is strange about Herzog's friend, Lucas Asphalter?
6. What does Madeleine tell the police that might hurt Herzog?
7. Why is Polina upset with Daisy?
8. Why is Herzog leaving the city?
9. Why does Herzog go shopping for clothes?
10. Describe Phoebe Gersbach.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)