|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That he does not care for her.
(b) That she should marry him.
(c) That is does not like her clothes.
(d) That he is leaving her.
3. What course does Herzog suggest for the school?
4. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her fellowship in faith.
(b) Her tests in history.
(c) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(d) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
5. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) A convalescence.
(b) An ego boost.
(c) A depression.
(d) A long illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
2. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
3. Who does Madeleine think is following her?
4. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
5. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ramona?
2. What is strange about Herzog's friend, Lucas Asphalter?
3. What does Herzog try to convince Phoebe to do?
4. Who is Sono?
5. Why does Herzog call his brother, Will?
6. What does Herzog say to Ramona during their encounter at the Tuttles?
7. What happens when Herzog and June leave the aquarium?
8. Describe the main character of the novel.
9. What does Geraldine Portnoy's letter say?
10. What does Herzog do after he arrives at Libbie Vane's home?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)