|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Himmelstein tell Herzog he would have to do if he went to court?
(a) Give up June.
(b) Take the stand.
(d) Dye his hair.
2. Where does Ramona work?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A flower shop.
(d) An office.
3. Why is Herzog's father angry at him?
(a) Herzog did not finish school.
(b) Herzog wanted to get a divorce.
(c) Herzog did not care for his child.
(d) Herzog asked for money.
4. What did Herzog's father threaten to do to him?
(a) Leave him with his stepmother.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Disown him.
5. Who calls Herzog in Chapter 5?
6. Who does Herzog see at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
8. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
(a) He's concerned about June.
(b) He's concerned about Valentine.
(c) He's concerned about Madeleine.
(d) He's concerned about Marco.
9. What, according to Herzog, is hatred?
10. Who lives with Ramona?
(a) Aunt Tamara.
11. Where does Herzog spend the night?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Lucas Asphalter's.
(c) At Madeleine's.
(d) At Taube's.
12. When was the last time Herzog saw Madeleine?
13. How does Simkin describe Valentine?
(a) As a learned man.
(b) As a lawyer.
(c) As an actor.
(d) As a public speaker.
14. Who watches Herzog go to Ramona's?
(a) Aunt Tamara.
15. Who does Herzog call to post bond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Genius cannot let the world be"?
2. Who warns Madeleine to stay away from Herzog?
3. What "old friend" does Herzog visit?
4. Where is the key Herzog needs?
5. Where does Herzog go in the cab?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)