|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
(a) A strange creature.
(b) A sister.
(c) An education.
(d) A gondolier.
2. What does Valentine do for a living?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A poet of mass communications.
(c) A homemaker.
(d) A shop owner.
3. Where does Herzog ask Taube if he can look?
(a) The kitchen cabinet.
(b) His father's books.
(c) His father's desk.
(d) The backyard.
4. What makes Herzog nervous?
(a) His divorces.
(c) The idea of marriage.
5. What does Herzog have to have in Chapter 6?
6. How does Ramona know Herzog left town?
(a) She was guessing.
(b) She saw him.
(c) Herzog told her.
(d) A friend told her.
7. Who lives with Ramona?
(c) Aunt Tamara.
8. When is Asphalter supposed to pick up June?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
9. Who does Herzog call to post bond?
10. Where does Herzog make plans to go in Chapter 6?
(a) To Martha's Vineyard.
(b) To visit his son.
(c) To Europe.
(d) To visit his daughter.
11. Where does Herzog take June first?
(a) The park.
(b) Museum of Science.
(c) The aquarium.
12. Where is the key Herzog needs?
(a) The dresser.
(b) A safe.
(c) The music box.
(d) The kitchen drawer.
13. What does June like about her father?
(a) His singing.
(b) His stories.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His beard.
14. Why does Herzog leave the first courtroom?
(a) He thinks he is having a heart attack.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to go home.
15. How does Herzog describe his emotional type?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Herzog, what creates lies of its own?
2. Who is with June?
3. What did Herzog take the last time he visited Taube?
4. Where does Ramona invite Herzog?
5. Who comes to the police station?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)