|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Herzog wish to see?
(a) His friend.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His stepmother.
(d) His daughter.
2. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
3. Where does Herzog visit first?
(a) His father's old home.
(b) Lucas' house.
(c) Himmelstein's office.
(d) Madeleine's house.
4. What does Valentine do for a living?
(a) A homemaker.
(b) A poet of mass communications.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) A teacher.
5. Where does Herzog spend the night?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Lucas Asphalter's.
(c) At Madeleine's.
(d) At Taube's.
6. What does June want to see first at the aquarium?
(a) The lobster.
(b) The big turtles.
(c) The dolphins.
(d) The fish.
7. Who warns Madeleine to stay away from Herzog?
(d) Dr. Edvig.
8. What does Herzog take from the desk?
(a) A passport and rubles.
(b) Rubles and a coin case.
(c) A watch chain and a pistol.
(d) A pistol and rubles.
9. What does Ramona mean by "riches of life"?
10. Who comes to the police station?
11. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
(a) An education.
(b) A sister.
(c) A gondolier.
(d) A strange creature.
12. What does June call Valentine?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her stepfather.
13. What does Simkin recommend to Herzog?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Ignore the situation.
(d) Hire a private investigator.
14. What does his anger make Herzog feel capable of?
15. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(d) The inspired condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Asphalter supposed to pick up June?
2. Where does Herzog ask Taube if he can look?
3. Who is Taube?
4. Who calls Herzog in Chapter 5?
5. How old was Herzog when his mother died?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)