|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
(a) An education.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) A sister.
(d) A gondolier.
2. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(b) The inspired condition.
3. Why is Herzog's father angry at him?
(a) Herzog wanted to get a divorce.
(b) Herzog asked for money.
(c) Herzog did not finish school.
(d) Herzog did not care for his child.
4. Who watches Herzog go to Ramona's?
(a) Aunt Tamara.
5. Where does Herzog visit first?
(a) Himmelstein's office.
(b) Lucas' house.
(c) His father's old home.
(d) Madeleine's house.
6. According to Herzog, what creates lies of its own?
7. What does Valentine do for a living?
(a) A poet of mass communications.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A homemaker.
(d) A shop owner.
8. What does June like about her father?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His stories.
(c) His singing.
(d) His beard.
9. What does Daisy's mother thinks she does for a living?
10. What happens when Herzog and June leave the aquarium?
(a) They get in a car accident.
(b) They go to the park.
(c) They go home.
(d) They eat lunch.
11. What does Herzog send Valentine from the airport?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
12. Who was Herzog seeing while he was married to Daisy?
(a) No one.
13. What did the policemen find on Herzog?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A passport.
(d) June's toys.
14. How does Simkin describe Valentine?
(a) As a lawyer.
(b) As an actor.
(c) As a public speaker.
(d) As a learned man.
15. How much is Herzog's bond?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Three hundred dollars.
(d) Four hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Valentine remind Herzog?
2. What does Ramona mean by "riches of life"?
3. Who warns Madeleine to stay away from Herzog?
4. How does Herzog describe his emotional type?
5. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)