|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentine do for a living?
(a) A poet of mass communications.
(b) A homemaker.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A shop owner.
2. How does Simkin describe Valentine?
(a) As a lawyer.
(b) As a learned man.
(c) As a public speaker.
(d) As an actor.
3. What is in the Tiffany frame?
(a) A picture of Herzog.
(b) A picture of Aunt Tamara.
(c) A picture of Ramona.
(d) A picture of George.
4. What type of women does Ramona tell Herzog he looks for?
5. Of what does the day remind Herzog?
(a) His divorce.
(b) His father's funeral.
(c) His mother's funeral.
(d) June's birth.
6. What does Daisy's mother thinks she does for a living?
7. What did Herzog's father threaten to do to him?
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Disown him.
(d) Leave him with his stepmother.
8. Of what does Valentine remind Herzog?
(b) Radio shows.
9. What, according to Herzog, is hatred?
10. What does June call Valentine?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her stepfather.
11. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(d) The inspired condition.
12. Who says, "I fall upon the thorns of life, I bleed"?
13. Where is the key Herzog needs?
(a) The dresser.
(b) The kitchen drawer.
(c) A safe.
(d) The music box.
14. Where does Herzog ask Taube if he can look?
(a) His father's books.
(b) His father's desk.
(c) The kitchen cabinet.
(d) The backyard.
15. Where does Herzog go in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Ramona play?
2. Who does Herzog see at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. Who does Herzog call to post bond?
4. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
5. What "old friend" does Herzog visit?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)