|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog take the last time he visited Taube?
(b) A watch chain
(c) A silver coin case.
2. Where does Herzog take June first?
(a) The park.
(c) The aquarium.
(d) Museum of Science.
3. Who does Herzog see at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
(a) He's concerned about Valentine.
(b) He's concerned about Marco.
(c) He's concerned about Madeleine.
(d) He's concerned about June.
5. What does Ramona mean by "riches of life"?
6. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
(a) A strange creature.
(b) An education.
(c) A gondolier.
(d) A sister.
7. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(a) The inspired condition.
8. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
9. Who is Taube?
(a) Herzog's ex-wife.
(b) Herzog's stepmother.
(c) Herzog's friend.
(d) Herzog's sister.
10. What does Herzog take from the desk?
(a) A passport and rubles.
(b) A pistol and rubles.
(c) Rubles and a coin case.
(d) A watch chain and a pistol.
11. Where does Herzog go in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
12. Where does Herzog see June?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In her playroom.
(d) In the bath.
13. What makes Herzog nervous?
(b) His divorces.
(c) The idea of marriage.
14. What type of car was Herzog driving?
(a) A pick-up truck.
(b) A Falcon.
(c) A Volkswagon.
(d) A convertible.
15. Who says, "I fall upon the thorns of life, I bleed"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Herzog, what creates lies of its own?
2. Who says, "Genius cannot let the world be"?
3. What kind of music does Ramona play?
4. To what does Herzog compare the human soul?
5. What does Valentine do for a living?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)