|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Simkin describe Valentine?
(a) As an actor.
(b) As a lawyer.
(c) As a learned man.
(d) As a public speaker.
2. What did the policemen find on Herzog?
(b) A pistol.
(c) June's toys.
(d) A passport.
3. Why is Herzog's father angry at him?
(a) Herzog did not finish school.
(b) Herzog asked for money.
(c) Herzog did not care for his child.
(d) Herzog wanted to get a divorce.
4. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(a) The inspired condition.
5. How old was Herzog when his mother died?
6. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
(a) He's concerned about Valentine.
(b) He's concerned about June.
(c) He's concerned about Marco.
(d) He's concerned about Madeleine.
7. What does Herzog have to have in Chapter 6?
8. Where does Herzog ask Taube if he can look?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The kitchen cabinet.
(c) His father's desk.
(d) His father's books.
9. Where does Herzog go in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
10. Why does Herzog leave the first courtroom?
(a) He thinks he is having a heart attack.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) He wants to go home.
11. Of what does Valentine remind Herzog?
(a) Radio shows.
12. What does Ramona mean by "riches of life"?
13. What does his anger make Herzog feel capable of?
14. What did Herzog take the last time he visited Taube?
(b) A watch chain
(d) A silver coin case.
15. When is Asphalter supposed to pick up June?
(a) 6 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Taube?
2. What did Herzog's father threaten to do to him?
3. Who watches Herzog go to Ramona's?
4. Where does Herzog visit first?
5. What "old friend" does Herzog visit?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)