|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the Tiffany frame?
(a) A picture of Aunt Tamara.
(b) A picture of Ramona.
(c) A picture of George.
(d) A picture of Herzog.
2. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(a) The inspired condition.
3. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
(a) An education.
(b) A strange creature.
(c) A gondolier.
(d) A sister.
4. Where does Herzog go in the cab?
(a) Simkin's office.
(b) Ramona's house.
(c) Madeleine's house.
(d) The courthouse.
5. What does Daisy's mother thinks she does for a living?
6. Why is Herzog's father angry at him?
(a) Herzog did not care for his child.
(b) Herzog did not finish school.
(c) Herzog wanted to get a divorce.
(d) Herzog asked for money.
7. How old was Herzog when his mother died?
8. According to Herzog, what creates lies of its own?
9. Why does Herzog leave the first courtroom?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He thinks he is having a heart attack.
10. Where does Herzog take June first?
(a) The aquarium.
(b) Museum of Science.
(c) The park.
11. How does Herzog feel about Taube?
(a) He dislikes her.
(b) He envies her.
(c) He is fond of her.
(d) He has no feelings towards her.
12. What type of car was Herzog driving?
(a) A Falcon.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A pick-up truck.
(d) A Volkswagon.
13. What does Herzog have to have in Chapter 6?
14. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
15. What does Simkin recommend to Herzog?
(a) Hire a private investigator.
(b) Ignore the situation.
(c) Take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
2. Where does Herzog see June?
3. What did Herzog's father threaten to do to him?
4. Where does Herzog spend the night?
5. What does Herzog take from the desk?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)