|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Herzog's father threaten to do to him?
(a) Disown him.
(c) Leave him with his stepmother.
(d) Shoot him.
2. What does Simkin recommend to Herzog?
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Hire a private investigator.
(d) Ignore the situation.
3. What does Daisy's mother thinks she does for a living?
4. Who does Herzog call to post bond?
5. What does Herzog miss about Daisy's mother, Polina?
(b) Her Quaker Oats.
(c) Her advice.
(d) Her apple strudel.
6. Who does Herzog see at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What type of women does Ramona tell Herzog he looks for?
8. Where does Herzog go in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
9. What does June want to see first at the aquarium?
(a) The lobster.
(b) The big turtles.
(c) The dolphins.
(d) The fish.
10. How does Ramona know Herzog left town?
(a) She was guessing.
(b) A friend told her.
(c) She saw him.
(d) Herzog told her.
11. What does Herzog take from the desk?
(a) A watch chain and a pistol.
(b) A passport and rubles.
(c) A pistol and rubles.
(d) Rubles and a coin case.
12. Where does Herzog see Madeleine?
(a) In her kitchen.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the driveway.
(d) In the bathroom.
13. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
(a) A sister.
(b) A gondolier.
(c) A strange creature.
(d) An education.
14. What does Herzog send Valentine from the airport?
(a) A death threat.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
15. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
(a) He's concerned about Valentine.
(b) He's concerned about Madeleine.
(c) He's concerned about June.
(d) He's concerned about Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the policemen find on Herzog?
2. Where is the key Herzog needs?
3. Where does Ramona work?
4. Of what does Valentine remind Herzog?
5. What does Valentine do for a living?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)