|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I fall upon the thorns of life, I bleed"?
2. What does Herzog have to have in Chapter 6?
3. According to Herzog, what "belongs to mankind and to all of existence"?
(c) The inspired condition.
4. What does June want to see first at the aquarium?
(a) The dolphins.
(b) The lobster.
(c) The big turtles.
(d) The fish.
5. Where does Herzog take June first?
(a) The park.
(b) Museum of Science.
(c) The aquarium.
6. How old was Herzog when his mother died?
7. Who does Herzog see at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. How does Ramona know Herzog left town?
(a) She was guessing.
(b) She saw him.
(c) Herzog told her.
(d) A friend told her.
9. Where does Herzog see June?
(a) In the dining room.
(b) In the bath.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In her playroom.
10. What did the policemen find on Herzog?
(a) June's toys.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A passport.
11. Who does Herzog name executor and guardian?
12. Who warns Madeleine to stay away from Herzog?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
13. Who watches Herzog go to Ramona's?
(d) Aunt Tamara.
14. What type of women does Ramona tell Herzog he looks for?
15. What does Simkin recommend to Herzog?
(a) Hire a private investigator.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Ignore the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of music does Ramona play?
3. What does Herzog take from the desk?
4. When was the last time Herzog saw Madeleine?
5. What does his anger make Herzog feel capable of?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)