|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog miss about Daisy's mother, Polina?
(a) Her advice.
(b) Her Quaker Oats.
(c) Her apple strudel.
2. Of what does the day remind Herzog?
(a) His mother's funeral.
(b) His divorce.
(c) His father's funeral.
(d) June's birth.
3. What did Herzog take the last time he visited Taube?
(a) A watch chain
(d) A silver coin case.
4. Why does Herzog leave the first courtroom?
(a) He thinks he is having a heart attack.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) He is bored.
5. Who says, "Every treasure is guarded by dragons"?
6. Who says, "Genius cannot let the world be"?
7. How does Simkin describe Valentine?
(a) As a lawyer.
(b) As a public speaker.
(c) As an actor.
(d) As a learned man.
8. Where does Ramona invite Herzog?
(a) To a lecture.
(b) On vacation.
(c) On a trip.
(d) To dinner.
9. Where does Herzog see June?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the bath.
(d) In her playroom.
10. Why does June dislike Valentine?
(a) He looks funny.
(b) He smells.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He tells bad stories.
11. What does Simkin recommend to Herzog?
(a) Hire a private investigator.
(b) Ignore the situation.
(c) Take a vacation.
12. What did Herzog's father threaten to do to him?
(a) Disown him.
(b) Shoot him.
(d) Leave him with his stepmother.
13. When was the last time Herzog saw Madeleine?
14. What does Daisy's mother thinks she does for a living?
15. What does Valentine do for a living?
(a) A homemaker.
(b) A poet of mass communications.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Herzog in Chapter 5?
2. Who lives with Ramona?
3. When is Asphalter supposed to pick up June?
4. Why does Herzog call Simkin?
5. How much is Herzog's bond?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)