|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religion does Madeleine convert?
2. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
(b) New York.
3. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
(b) Dr. Emmerich.
4. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
5. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
6. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A coffeeshop.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) A journal.
7. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(c) No one.
8. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
9. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
(a) Paying insurance.
(b) Taking care of the children.
(c) Paying alimony.
(d) Fighting for custody.
10. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
(a) An institution.
(b) The police station.
(c) A hockey game.
(d) Madeleine's house.
11. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The subway.
(b) The zoo.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A restaurant.
12. From whom did Herzog protect Libbie?
(b) No one.
13. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
(a) A new house.
(b) A passport.
(c) An insurance policy.
14. What does Herzog purchase in Chapter 2?
(a) A straw hat.
(b) The Times.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A candy bar.
15. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(b) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
(c) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(d) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
2. What did Herzog purchase for his mother-in-law?
3. What does Pontritter do for a living?
4. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
5. What is Herzog's book about?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)