|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
2. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
(a) To confess to him.
(b) To thank him.
(c) To chastise him.
(d) To insult him.
3. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(b) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(c) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(d) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
4. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(c) No one.
5. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) His wife.
(c) Dirty dishes.
(d) Court appearances.
6. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her tests in history.
(b) Her fellowship in faith.
(c) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(d) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
7. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
8. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She idolizes him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She envies him.
9. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
(a) A Victorian house.
(c) The train station.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
10. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
11. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Romanticism and Judaism.
(b) Depression and Judaism.
(c) Romanticism and Christianity.
(d) Depression and Christianity.
12. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) The airport.
(d) Rachel Street Market.
13. What is the subject matter of Herzog's job?
14. What disease does Herzog have?
(a) Heart disease.
15. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare his life?
2. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
3. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
4. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
5. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)