|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(a) Getting ready.
(b) Going to church.
2. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(b) Dr. Edvig.
3. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her tests in history.
(b) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(c) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(d) Her fellowship in faith.
4. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The zoo.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) The subway.
5. Who is the main character?
6. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The oboe.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The clarinet.
(d) The piano.
7. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) In the library.
(b) On a computer.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In his closet.
8. What disease does Herzog have?
(d) Heart disease.
9. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) A nun.
(b) An acrobat.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A mother.
10. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) A long illness.
(b) A depression.
(c) A convalescence.
(d) An ego boost.
11. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
12. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
13. About what does Herzog write the President?
14. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
(b) Dr. Emmerich.
15. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
(a) A species of justification.
(b) A species of death.
(c) A species of life.
(d) A species of idleness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
2. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
3. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
4. How does Herzog describe himself?
5. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)