|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Romanticism and Judaism.
(b) Depression and Judaism.
(c) Romanticism and Christianity.
(d) Depression and Christianity.
2. Who is Geraldine Portnoy?
(a) Herzog's daughter.
(b) Herzog's lover.
(c) Herzog's former student.
(d) Herzog's mother.
3. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
(d) Dr. Emmerich.
4. Who does Madeleine think is following her?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
(d) A private investigator.
5. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
(b) New York.
6. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Herzog's books.
(c) Marco's school.
7. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) The hospital.
(b) More tests.
(d) A vacation.
8. What disease does Herzog have?
(d) Heart disease.
9. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(c) Dr. Edvig.
10. Who is "money's medium"?
11. Who is Herzog's first wife?
12. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A poet.
(b) A banker.
(c) A writer.
(d) A college professor.
13. What is odd about Lucas?
(a) His profession.
(b) His attachment to animals.
(c) His devotion to his mother.
(d) His appearance.
14. About what does Herzog write the President?
15. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
2. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
3. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
4. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
5. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)