|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) In his closet.
(b) In the library.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) On a computer.
2. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) His wife.
(b) Court appearances.
(d) Dirty dishes.
3. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Depression and Judaism.
(b) Romanticism and Christianity.
(c) Depression and Christianity.
(d) Romanticism and Judaism.
4. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
5. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
(a) An institution.
(b) The police station.
(c) Madeleine's house.
(d) A hockey game.
6. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs an art studio.
(b) Runs a theatre.
(c) Runs a bookshop.
(d) Runs a school for actors.
7. Where does Herzog live?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
8. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
(a) Gives it to his children.
(b) Gives it to Madeleine.
(c) Gambles it away.
(d) Spends it for himself.
9. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
10. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) New York.
(b) The Berkshires.
11. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(a) Getting ready.
(d) Going to church.
12. From whom did Herzog protect Libbie?
(c) No one.
13. Who is Simkin?
(a) Madeleine's lover.
(b) Madeleine's father.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Herzog's father.
14. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
(b) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(c) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(d) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
15. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) A vacation.
(c) More tests.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog tell himself he should write instead of letters?
2. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
3. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
4. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
5. What course does Herzog suggest for the school?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)