|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what religion does Madeleine convert?
2. According to Herzog, what do nice girls marry for?
3. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) On a computer.
(b) In the library.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In his closet.
4. What disease does Herzog have?
(a) Heart disease.
5. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
(a) Because he married Madeleine.
(b) Because he married Daisy.
(c) Because he did not like his job.
(d) Because he wanted to write books.
6. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That is does not like her clothes.
(b) That she should marry him.
(c) That he is leaving her.
(d) That he does not care for her.
7. Who does Madeleine think is following her?
(c) Dr. Edvig.
(d) A private investigator.
8. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
(a) The police station.
(b) A hockey game.
(c) An institution.
(d) Madeleine's house.
9. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) More tests.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A vacation.
10. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A soul.
(d) A suitcase.
11. What is the subject matter of Herzog's job?
12. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
(a) His interest in social questions.
(b) His concern for park safety.
(c) His two divorces.
(d) His lack of commitment to Ramona.
13. What is odd about Lucas?
(a) His attachment to animals.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His profession.
(d) His devotion to his mother.
14. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
(b) Dr. Emmerich.
15. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
2. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
3. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
4. What does Pontritter do for a living?
5. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)