|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(a) Getting ready.
(c) Going to church.
2. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs a school for actors.
(b) Runs a theatre.
(c) Runs a bookshop.
(d) Runs an art studio.
3. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) A convalescence.
(b) An ego boost.
(c) A depression.
(d) A long illness.
4. What does Madeleine reveal about her childhood?
(a) She was abused.
(b) She was well-off.
(c) She got into trouble.
(d) She had no friends.
5. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(b) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(c) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
(d) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
6. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
(a) His concern for park safety.
(b) His two divorces.
(c) His lack of commitment to Ramona.
(d) His interest in social questions.
7. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The zoo.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The subway.
(d) A bookstore.
8. To whom does Herzog write?
(a) Only his therapist.
(c) No one.
(d) Only his family.
9. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
(a) To chastise him.
(b) To confess to him.
(c) To thank him.
(d) To insult him.
10. How many children does Herzog have?
11. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
12. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
13. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) A mother.
(b) A little girl.
(c) An acrobat.
(d) A nun.
14. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(b) New York.
(c) The Berkshires.
15. Who is Herzog's first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
3. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
5. What does Herzog do for a living?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)