|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
(a) To thank him.
(b) To confess to him.
(c) To insult him.
(d) To chastise him.
2. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) New York.
(d) The Berkshires.
3. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(b) Rachel Street Market.
(c) The airport.
(d) Grand Central Station.
4. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
5. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
6. How does Herzog describe Shapiro's work?
(a) Exaggerated non-fiction.
(b) Conspiracy theory.
(c) Rich history.
(d) Utopian fiction.
7. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She envies him.
(c) She idolizes him.
(d) She hates him.
8. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(d) Dr. Edvig.
9. How many children does Herzog have?
10. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) His wife.
(c) Court appearances.
(d) Dirty dishes.
11. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A poet.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A banker.
(d) A writer.
12. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(b) The hospital.
(c) A vacation.
(d) More tests.
13. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Herzog's name.
(b) Her purchases at Marshall Field's.
(c) Her way home.
(d) Dr. Edvig's advice.
14. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs an art studio.
(b) Runs a school for actors.
(c) Runs a theatre.
(d) Runs a bookshop.
15. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Herzog have?
2. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
3. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
4. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
5. What does Herzog tell Libbie when he first sees her?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)