|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
2. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) The airport.
(d) Rachel Street Market.
3. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
4. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
5. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
(a) New York.
6. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(c) Going to church.
(d) Getting ready.
7. To whom does Herzog write?
(a) No one.
(b) Only his therapist.
(c) Only his family.
8. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(b) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(c) Her fellowship in faith.
(d) Her tests in history.
9. Who says, "The good are attracted by men's perceptions and think not for themselves"?
10. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(a) No one.
11. What does Herzog's father do for work?
12. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Depression and Christianity.
(b) Depression and Judaism.
(c) Romanticism and Christianity.
(d) Romanticism and Judaism.
13. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That she should marry him.
(b) That he is leaving her.
(c) That he does not care for her.
(d) That is does not like her clothes.
14. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
(a) Dr. Emmerich.
15. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herzog take Marco?
2. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
3. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
4. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
5. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)