|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Herzog think he owes money?
(a) His brother, Alexander.
(b) His brother, Willie.
2. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
(a) His concern for park safety.
(b) His two divorces.
(c) His interest in social questions.
(d) His lack of commitment to Ramona.
3. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
4. Who is Herzog's first wife?
5. What is the subject matter of Herzog's job?
6. Who is "money's medium"?
7. How much was the grant Herzog received?
(a) 15 thousand dollars.
(b) 10 thousand dollars.
(c) 5 thousand dollars.
(d) 20 thousand dollars.
8. What did Herzog purchase for his mother-in-law?
(a) Virginia Rounds.
(b) Movie posters.
9. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
(a) Madeleine's husband.
(b) Herzog's friend.
(c) Madeleine's lover.
(d) Herzog's therapist.
10. Who is Geraldine Portnoy?
(a) Herzog's daughter.
(b) Herzog's lover.
(c) Herzog's former student.
(d) Herzog's mother.
11. Who did Herzog see when he returned to Chicago?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
(c) Valentine Gersbach.
(d) Aunt Zelda.
12. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The subway.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bookstore.
13. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She idolizes him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She envies him.
14. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
15. About what does Herzog write the President?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
2. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Herzog's father do for work?
4. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
5. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)