|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
(a) His lack of commitment to Ramona.
(b) His interest in social questions.
(c) His two divorces.
(d) His concern for park safety.
2. What did Herzog purchase for his mother-in-law?
(a) Virginia Rounds.
(c) Movie posters.
3. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A writer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A poet.
4. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
(c) New York.
5. What does Herzog tell himself he should write instead of letters?
(c) Short stories.
(d) Newspaper articles.
6. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
(a) The train station.
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) A Victorian house.
7. From whom did Herzog protect Libbie?
(b) No one.
8. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
9. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
10. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(b) Getting ready.
(c) Going to church.
11. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(b) The Berkshires.
(c) New York.
12. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) A coffeeshop.
(d) A journal.
13. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
(a) To a lecture.
(b) Back home.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To a movie.
14. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
(a) For him to quit teaching.
(b) For him to give up Marco.
(c) For him to divorce Daisy.
(d) For him to convert from Judaism.
15. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
(b) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herzog live?
2. What does Herzog tell Libbie when he first sees her?
3. Who is "money's medium"?
4. What is odd about Lucas?
5. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)