|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
2. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
3. Who cooked Madeleine and Herzog's wedding dinner?
4. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Dr. Edvig's advice.
(b) Herzog's name.
(c) Her purchases at Marshall Field's.
(d) Her way home.
5. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
6. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
(c) New York.
7. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(c) Governor Stevenson.
8. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(a) Getting ready.
(b) Going to church.
9. Who is Monsignor Hilton?
(a) Herzog's father.
(b) Madeleine's father.
(c) A priest.
(d) Herzog's brother.
10. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A banker.
(b) A writer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A college professor.
11. What does Madeleine reveal about her childhood?
(a) She was well-off.
(b) She had no friends.
(c) She was abused.
(d) She got into trouble.
12. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The subway.
(d) A bookstore.
13. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) New York.
(b) The Berkshires.
14. Who says, "The good are attracted by men's perceptions and think not for themselves"?
15. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
2. To whom does Herzog think he owes money?
3. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
4. How does Herzog describe himself?
5. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)