|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) A coffeeshop.
(d) A journal.
2. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The oboe.
(b) The clarinet.
(c) The piano.
(d) The trumpet.
3. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
4. Where does Herzog live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
5. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her fellowship in faith.
(b) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(c) Her tests in history.
(d) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
6. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(b) Governor Stevenson.
7. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
8. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That he does not care for her.
(b) That she should marry him.
(c) That he is leaving her.
(d) That is does not like her clothes.
9. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
(a) Keep away from Madeleine.
(b) Keep the bar stocked.
(c) Talk to Sandor's wife.
(d) Take an interest in Carmel.
10. How many children does Herzog have?
11. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
(a) Herzog's therapist.
(b) Herzog's friend.
(c) Madeleine's lover.
(d) Madeleine's husband.
12. How does Herzog describe Shapiro's work?
(a) Conspiracy theory.
(b) Rich history.
(c) Utopian fiction.
(d) Exaggerated non-fiction.
13. About what does Herzog write the President?
14. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
15. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A soul.
(b) A suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
2. To whom does Herzog write?
3. To what does Herzog compare his life?
4. What course does Herzog suggest for the school?
5. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)