|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
(a) Marco's school.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) Herzog's books.
2. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(a) Going to church.
(d) Getting ready.
3. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) A nun.
(b) An acrobat.
(c) A mother.
(d) A little girl.
4. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
(a) Madeleine's husband.
(b) Madeleine's lover.
(c) Herzog's friend.
(d) Herzog's therapist.
5. Who is Monsignor Hilton?
(a) A priest.
(b) Madeleine's father.
(c) Herzog's brother.
(d) Herzog's father.
6. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
7. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
(a) A species of life.
(b) A species of death.
(c) A species of justification.
(d) A species of idleness.
8. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She idolizes him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She envies him.
9. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
10. Who is the main character?
11. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(a) Governor Stevenson.
12. What course does Herzog suggest for the school?
13. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
14. Who is Herzog's second wife?
15. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
2. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
3. How many children does Herzog have?
4. To what religion does Madeleine convert?
5. Who is Herzog's first wife?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)