|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Herzog's books.
(c) Marco's school.
2. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The piano.
(c) The oboe.
(d) The clarinet.
3. Who is Herzog's first wife?
4. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She envies him.
(c) She idolizes him.
(d) She loves him.
5. Who is Madeleine's lover?
6. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
7. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) In the library.
(b) On a computer.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In his closet.
8. Who cooked Madeleine and Herzog's wedding dinner?
9. Who is Simkin?
(a) Herzog's father.
(b) Madeleine's father.
(c) Madeleine's lover.
(d) A lawyer.
10. Who is "money's medium"?
11. What does Geraldine Portnoy give Lucas for Herzog?
(d) A letter.
12. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A poet.
(b) A banker.
(c) A college professor.
(d) A writer.
13. What does Madeleine reveal about her childhood?
(a) She got into trouble.
(b) She was well-off.
(c) She had no friends.
(d) She was abused.
14. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) An ego boost.
(b) A depression.
(c) A long illness.
(d) A convalescence.
15. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
(a) He should study zoology.
(b) He should take Madeleine back.
(c) Madeleine is cheating on him.
(d) He should leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
2. Who is Herzog's second wife?
3. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
4. How does Herzog describe Shapiro's work?
5. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)