|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
2. Who is Simkin?
(a) Madeleine's lover.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Madeleine's father.
(d) Herzog's father.
3. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs a bookshop.
(b) Runs an art studio.
(c) Runs a theatre.
(d) Runs a school for actors.
4. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) The train station.
(d) A Victorian house.
5. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) Court appearances.
(b) Dirty dishes.
(c) His wife.
6. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) In a textbook.
(b) On a computer.
(c) In his closet.
(d) In the library.
7. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She idolizes him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She envies him.
(d) She loves him.
8. About what does Herzog write the President?
9. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
(a) Keep away from Madeleine.
(b) Take an interest in Carmel.
(c) Talk to Sandor's wife.
(d) Keep the bar stocked.
10. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
11. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
(b) New York.
12. What does Herzog's father do for work?
13. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
(a) A passport.
(b) An insurance policy.
(d) A new house.
14. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(a) Rachel Street Market.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) The airport.
15. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Her way home.
(b) Dr. Edvig's advice.
(c) Herzog's name.
(d) Her purchases at Marshall Field's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of Herzog's job?
2. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
3. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
4. Who is Madeleine's lover?
5. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)