|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) A mother.
(b) A nun.
(c) An acrobat.
(d) A little girl.
2. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The zoo.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The subway.
(d) A bookstore.
3. To whom does Herzog write?
(a) No one.
(c) Only his therapist.
(d) Only his family.
4. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
(a) Gives it to his children.
(b) Gives it to Madeleine.
(c) Gambles it away.
(d) Spends it for himself.
5. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
(a) For him to divorce Daisy.
(b) For him to give up Marco.
(c) For him to quit teaching.
(d) For him to convert from Judaism.
6. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) The police station.
(c) An institution.
(d) Madeleine's house.
7. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(b) Governor Stevenson.
8. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(b) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
(c) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(d) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
9. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) New York.
(d) The Berkshires.
10. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
11. Who is "money's medium"?
12. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The clarinet.
(c) The oboe.
(d) The piano.
13. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
14. How does Tennie say Madeleine feels about her father?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She envies him.
(d) She idolizes him.
15. About what does Herzog write the President?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Herzog protect Libbie?
2. Who did Herzog see when he returned to Chicago?
3. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
5. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)