|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That he is leaving her.
(b) That is does not like her clothes.
(c) That she should marry him.
(d) That he does not care for her.
2. To whom does Herzog think he owes money?
(a) His brother, Willie.
(c) His brother, Alexander.
3. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(b) Her fellowship in faith.
(c) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(d) Her tests in history.
4. To whom does Herzog write?
(a) Only his family.
(c) No one.
(d) Only his therapist.
5. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) Dirty dishes.
(b) Court appearances.
(d) His wife.
6. Who is Herzog's first wife?
7. Where does Herzog live?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
8. What does Herzog question in the letter to himself?
(a) His lack of commitment to Ramona.
(b) His concern for park safety.
(c) His interest in social questions.
(d) His two divorces.
9. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
10. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
11. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
(a) A nun.
(b) A little girl.
(c) An acrobat.
(d) A mother.
12. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
(a) New York.
13. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
14. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Herzog's books.
(d) Marco's school.
15. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
(a) Because he wanted to write books.
(b) Because he married Madeleine.
(c) Because he married Daisy.
(d) Because he did not like his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herzog tell Libbie when he first sees her?
2. Who is the main character?
3. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
4. According to Herzog, what is the most dangerous class of people?
5. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)