Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To a lecture.
(d) Back home.
2. Who says, "...if existence is nausea then faith is an uncertain relief"?
3. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
4. What does Herzog say is a "theatrical event" for Madeleine?
(b) Getting ready.
(d) Going to church.
5. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(b) The airport.
(c) Grand Central Station.
(d) Rachel Street Market.
6. What does Pontritter do for a living?
(a) Runs a theatre.
(b) Runs a bookshop.
(c) Runs a school for actors.
(d) Runs an art studio.
7. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
(a) An insurance policy.
(b) A passport.
(c) A new house.
8. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) A depression.
(b) A convalescence.
(c) An ego boost.
(d) A long illness.
9. How many children does Herzog have?
10. According to Herzog, what do nice girls marry for?
11. Who cooked Madeleine and Herzog's wedding dinner?
12. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
(b) Dr. Emmerich.
13. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That he does not care for her.
(b) That is does not like her clothes.
(c) That she should marry him.
(d) That he is leaving her.
14. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
(c) New York.
15. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
(a) He should take Madeleine back.
(b) He should study zoology.
(c) He should leave the country.
(d) Madeleine is cheating on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What course does Herzog suggest for the school?
2. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
3. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
4. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
5. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)