|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Simkin?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Madeleine's lover.
(c) Madeleine's father.
(d) Herzog's father.
2. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A suitcase.
(d) A soul.
3. Why does Herzog write Sandor a letter?
(a) To insult him.
(b) To confess to him.
(c) To chastise him.
(d) To thank him.
4. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(a) No one.
5. What disease does Herzog have?
(d) Heart disease.
6. To whom does Herzog think he owes money?
(a) His brother, Alexander.
(d) His brother, Willie.
7. Who picks Herzog up at the ferry station?
(d) A cab driver.
8. Who is Madeleine's lover?
9. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) In the library.
(b) On a computer.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In his closet.
10. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
(b) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(c) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(d) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
11. According to one of Herzog's favorite sources, what is "true friendship"?
12. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) An ego boost.
(b) A long illness.
(c) A depression.
(d) A convalescence.
13. How much was the grant Herzog received?
(a) 10 thousand dollars.
(b) 20 thousand dollars.
(c) 5 thousand dollars.
(d) 15 thousand dollars.
14. Who is Herzog's first wife?
15. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
(a) A species of death.
(b) A species of life.
(c) A species of idleness.
(d) A species of justification.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marco and Herzog discuss?
2. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
3. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
4. For whom does Herzog leave his first wife and lover?
5. What does Madeleine demand of Herzog in Chapter 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)