|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herzog describe Shapiro's work?
(a) Rich history.
(b) Exaggerated non-fiction.
(c) Conspiracy theory.
(d) Utopian fiction.
2. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) The Berkshires.
(c) New York.
3. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(a) Dr. Edvig.
4. Where does Herzog take Marco?
(a) The subway.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) The zoo.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Who does Madeleine think is following her?
(b) Dr. Edvig.
(c) A private investigator.
6. What did Herzog purchase for his mother-in-law?
(b) Virginia Rounds.
(d) Movie posters.
7. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
8. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(c) Governor Stevenson.
9. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(b) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(c) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(d) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
10. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The oboe.
(b) The clarinet.
(c) The piano.
(d) The trumpet.
11. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
12. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(a) His wife.
(c) Court appearances.
(d) Dirty dishes.
13. What does Madeleine reveal about her childhood?
(a) She was well-off.
(b) She had no friends.
(c) She was abused.
(d) She got into trouble.
14. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(b) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(c) Her tests in history.
(d) Her fellowship in faith.
15. Who is Herzog's second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Herzog's book about?
2. Who is Herzog's first wife?
3. To whom does Herzog think he owes money?
4. Who picks Herzog up at the ferry station?
5. According to Herzog, what do nice girls marry for?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)