Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
2. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A soul.
(d) A suitcase.
3. How many children does Herzog have?
4. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Depression and Judaism.
(b) Romanticism and Judaism.
(c) Depression and Christianity.
(d) Romanticism and Christianity.
5. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) On a computer.
(b) In his closet.
(c) In a textbook.
(d) In the library.
6. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
(a) Keep away from Madeleine.
(b) Talk to Sandor's wife.
(c) Take an interest in Carmel.
(d) Keep the bar stocked.
7. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A college professor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A banker.
8. Who is Herzog's second wife?
9. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The clarinet.
(d) The oboe.
10. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
(a) To a lecture.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To dinner.
(d) Back home.
11. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(a) No one.
12. Where does Madeleine work in Chapter 4?
(a) The train station.
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) A Victorian house.
13. What disease does Herzog have?
(b) Heart disease.
14. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
15. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
(a) Because he married Daisy.
(b) Because he married Madeleine.
(c) Because he did not like his job.
(d) Because he wanted to write books.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Herzog write?
2. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
3. How does Herzog describe Shapiro's work?
4. About what does Herzog write the President?
5. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)