|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Herzog's book about?
(a) Romanticism and Judaism.
(b) Depression and Judaism.
(c) Depression and Christianity.
(d) Romanticism and Christianity.
2. Who is the main character?
3. How much was the grant Herzog received?
(a) 15 thousand dollars.
(b) 10 thousand dollars.
(c) 20 thousand dollars.
(d) 5 thousand dollars.
4. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A writer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A banker.
(d) A college professor.
5. Where did Herzog and Madeleine first live?
(a) The Berkshires.
(c) New York.
6. What does Sandor want Herzog to purchase?
(a) A new house.
(b) An insurance policy.
(d) A passport.
7. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
(d) Dr. Emmerich.
8. Who is "money's medium"?
9. To what does Herzog compare his life?
(a) An ego boost.
(b) A convalescence.
(c) A depression.
(d) A long illness.
10. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
(a) Paying alimony.
(b) Paying insurance.
(c) Taking care of the children.
(d) Fighting for custody.
11. What does Herzog tell Ramona in his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) That she should marry him.
(b) That he is leaving her.
(c) That he does not care for her.
(d) That is does not like her clothes.
12. Where are the results for Herzog's funded study?
(a) On a computer.
(b) In a textbook.
(c) In the library.
(d) In his closet.
13. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
(a) Spends it for himself.
(b) Gives it to Madeleine.
(c) Gives it to his children.
(d) Gambles it away.
14. Who is Geraldine Portnoy?
(a) Herzog's mother.
(b) Herzog's daughter.
(c) Herzog's former student.
(d) Herzog's lover.
15. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
2. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
3. To what does Herzog compare Madeleine putting on her makeup?
4. Who says, "The good are attracted by men's perceptions and think not for themselves"?
5. Whose condition does Herzog think is worse than his?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)