|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who does Madeleine insist Herzog see?
(d) Dr. Edvig.
2. What does Sandor do with the money Herzog gives him?
(a) Spends it for himself.
(b) Gives it to his children.
(c) Gives it to Madeleine.
(d) Gambles it away.
3. Where is Herzog's writing headquarters?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) A coffeeshop.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A journal.
4. What does Herzog tell himself he should write instead of letters?
(a) Short stories.
(d) Newspaper articles.
5. In Chapter 3, what is Herzog not sure he still has?
(a) A soul.
(d) A suitcase.
6. What could throw Madeleine into a rage?
7. Where does Herzog live?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
8. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) The hospital.
(c) A vacation.
(d) More tests.
9. Who picks Herzog up at the ferry station?
(a) A cab driver.
10. How much was the grant Herzog received?
(a) 10 thousand dollars.
(b) 20 thousand dollars.
(c) 5 thousand dollars.
(d) 15 thousand dollars.
11. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
(b) Dirty dishes.
(c) Court appearances.
(d) His wife.
12. Who is Lucas Asphalter?
(a) Herzog's friend.
(b) Madeleine's husband.
(c) Madeleine's lover.
(d) Herzog's therapist.
13. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(a) Rachel Street Market.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(d) The airport.
14. Who does Herzog see while he is married to Daisy?
(b) No one.
15. How many children does Herzog have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
2. About what do Madeleine and Herzog fight?
3. Who is Herzog's second wife?
4. What is the subject matter of Herzog's job?
5. Where does Shapiro suggest Madeleine needs to go?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)