|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Herzog play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The clarinet.
(d) The oboe.
2. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Four hundred dollars.
3. Who invites Herzog to stay with them?
4. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
(a) A species of death.
(b) A species of idleness.
(c) A species of justification.
(d) A species of life.
5. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
(a) He should leave the country.
(b) He should take Madeleine back.
(c) Madeleine is cheating on him.
(d) He should study zoology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pushes Sandor over the edge?
2. Who says, "Looking for happiness - ought to be prepared for bad results"?
3. What does Herzog purchase in Chapter 2?
4. What does Sandor says is the man's deal?
5. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)