|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madeleine tell Shapiro she is preparing for?
(a) Her doctoral examination in Slavonic languages.
(b) Her fellowship in faith.
(c) Her masters degree in Romanticism.
(d) Her tests in history.
2. Who says, "The good are attracted by men's perceptions and think not for themselves"?
3. What does Dr. Emmerich recommend for Herzog?
(a) The hospital.
(b) More tests.
(c) A vacation.
4. Who says, "We must be what we are"?
(c) Governor Stevenson.
5. How does Herzog describe himself?
(a) As an idiot.
(b) As a genius.
(c) As a manic depressive.
(d) As an agressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Who did Herzog see when he returned to Chicago?
3. Who says, "If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me..."?
4. What, according to Herzog, is a "howling emptiness"?
5. How many children does Herzog have?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)