|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Herzog and Uncle Herman go?
(a) An institution.
(b) A hockey game.
(c) Madeleine's house.
(d) The police station.
2. What does Sandor ask Herzog to do while Herzog is staying at Sandor's?
(a) Talk to Sandor's wife.
(b) Keep away from Madeleine.
(c) Keep the bar stocked.
(d) Take an interest in Carmel.
3. What can Madeleine not recall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Herzog's name.
(b) Her way home.
(c) Dr. Edvig's advice.
(d) Her purchases at Marshall Field's.
4. How does Herzog describe himself?
(a) As a manic depressive.
(b) As a genius.
(c) As an agressive.
(d) As an idiot.
5. Why does Herzog need to apologize to Shapiro?
(a) For not telling Shapiro he had moved.
(b) For forgetting to invite Shapiro to Europe.
(c) For overwhelming the conversation between Shapiro and Madeleine.
(d) For his lack of attention to reviewing Shapiro's writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Herzog resign from his job?
2. How does Herzog feel when the Gersbachs visit?
3. What does Herzog believe Madeleine has?
4. Who says, "A man is born to be orphaned, and to leave orphans after him..."?
5. Where does Herzog go his first night of vacation?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)