|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucas tell Herzog in Chapter 2?
(a) He should leave the country.
(b) He should take Madeleine back.
(c) He should study zoology.
(d) Madeleine is cheating on him.
2. How much does Madeleine spend at Marshall Field's that shocks Herzog?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
3. Where does the cab take Herzog?
(a) The airport.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(d) Rachel Street Market.
4. What does Herzog do for a living?
(a) A banker.
(b) A poet.
(c) A writer.
(d) A college professor.
5. According to Herzog's letter, what is grief?
(a) A species of idleness.
(b) A species of justification.
(c) A species of death.
(d) A species of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herzog go first after his second divorce?
2. How much was the grant Herzog received?
3. Who is Herzog's first wife?
4. What is Herzog's book about?
5. What did Herzog purchase for his mother-in-law?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)