* Moses Herzog lives alone in the Berkshires, writing letters to anyone he can think of, including those he does not know. He jots down random thoughts throughout the day.
* Herzog works giving adult-education lectures in a New York night school.
* As Herzog lies in his house, he debates his own character with himself in his thoughts
* Herzog's first wife was Daisy, and his second wife was Madeleine. When he married Madeleine, Herzog left teaching.
* After the Herzogs moved to Chicago, Madeleine divorced Herzog and he traveled to Europe.
* Herzog goes to see Dr. Emmerich, who tells Herzog he is not sick and suggests he take a vacation.
* Herzog is having an affair with Ramona.
* Herzog decides to take a vacation and his friend, Libbie, invites him to stay with her family.
* Herzog takes a cab to the train station, where he boards a train for Martha's...
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)