|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Percy protect the people on the train from the attacking winged beasts?
2. What does Phineas try to kill starving harpies with?
3. When must Hazel and Frank make it back to Camp Jupiter by in order to spare more people from dying at the hands of Gaea?
4. Where is Arion able to fly the group to before the chariot breaks to pieces?
5. Who shows up as the trio is talking to Thanatos in Chapter XLIV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Phineas' deal with Gaea, and why does it make him so happy?
2. When the flying gryphons attack the train headed toward the glacier, how does the trio escape?
3. What suspicion that Frank has about himself does his grandmother confirm?
4. What challenge does the group upon landing in Canada in Chapter XXXIII?
5. How can the harpie Ella be described, and why does Phineas want her so badly?
6. Why is Thanatos surprised that Hazel wants to free him?
7. What happens in the prophetic dream Percy has while traveling to Portland in Chapter XXV?
8. What is each member of the trio's, plus Arion, job while freeing Thanatos and fighting Alcyoneus?
9. Describe what is learned about the Amazons in Chapter XXX.
10. What do Frank and Percy discuss in their heart-to-heart in Chapter XL?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's extensive use of foreshadowing throughout the book. Where is it used? Is it used effectively? It is recognizable in the moment, or only in hindsight?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of teamwork in "Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune". How important was teamwork to the trio's success? Did the three main characters work equally well together, or did two work better together?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Frank's stick in his life. Where did it come from? What does it represent?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)