|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor by Frank's grandmother's bedside tell Frank about Percy?
2. What surrounds the trio at the frozen replica of Camp Jupiter?
3. Where are Hazel, Percy, and Frank headed to find Phineas?
4. In Chapter XLI, Gaea tells Hazel she can have a wonderful life with a happy mother and marry the boy she loved, if she just does what?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Frank's grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan to break Percy and Frank out of their holding cages that the Amazons have placed them in?
2. While the group is flying to Alaska in Chapter XXXVII, what dream does Percy have?
3. What suspicion that Frank has about himself does his grandmother confirm?
4. What is Phineas' deal with Gaea, and why does it make him so happy?
5. What do Frank and Percy discuss in their heart-to-heart in Chapter XL?
6. What happens in the prophetic dream Percy has while traveling to Portland in Chapter XXV?
7. How does Hazel react to the false memory Gaea gives her when she jumps into the hole in the earth after Percy in Chapter XLI, and what does this cause Gaea to do?
8. What challenge does the group upon landing in Canada in Chapter XXXIII?
9. What three forms of transportation do the trio end up using to get to the glacier?
10. After the earth swallows Percy and Hazel jumps in after him, what false memory does Gaea plant for Hazel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the antagonists in "Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune"? Was there one primary antagonist? What was the role of the antagonist(s) in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's extensive use of foreshadowing throughout the book. Where is it used? Is it used effectively? It is recognizable in the moment, or only in hindsight?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the novel's title. Where in the story is it derived from and explained? What is the significance of the title?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)