|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ella in Chapter XXX, why will Hazel no longer have blackouts?
2. Who did Hazel contact in Chapter XXV who already knew the army was coming?
3. Where do the trio end up hiding from the attacking winged beasts in Chapter XXXIX?
4. What are the Amazon cages holding Percy and Frank located above?
5. What pictures are mentioned in Chapter XLII?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is each member of the trio's, plus Arion, job while freeing Thanatos and fighting Alcyoneus?
2. Describe what is learned about the Amazons in Chapter XXX.
3. When Hazel blacks out in Chapter XXIX, Frank grabs her hands and goes with her. What do they see in her dream/memory?
4. What three forms of transportation do the trio end up using to get to the glacier?
5. When the flying gryphons attack the train headed toward the glacier, how does the trio escape?
6. How does Hazel react to the false memory Gaea gives her when she jumps into the hole in the earth after Percy in Chapter XLI, and what does this cause Gaea to do?
7. Why does Percy slightly change what Arion says through translation?
8. How is Alcyoneus finally killed?
9. After the earth swallows Percy and Hazel jumps in after him, what false memory does Gaea plant for Hazel?
10. What suspicion that Frank has about himself does his grandmother confirm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dramatic structure of this book, identifying the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and dénouement.
Essay Topic 2
What is Percy's alleged weakness? Do you agree that this is a weakness?
Essay Topic 3
What is the climax in the storyline for each of the main characters: Percy, Hazel, and Frank?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)