|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the current Queen of the Amazons in Chapter XXX?
2. Who does Frank find sitting at his grandmother's bedside in Chapter XXXIV?
3. When Arion drops the group off in Chapter XXXIII, what does he leave to search for?
4. What does Phineas try to kill starving harpies with?
5. When the train is attacked by large winged beasts in Chapter XXXVIII, what do the other tourists think the bests are?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Alcyoneus finally killed?
2. Who does Frank find at his grandmother's bedside in Chapter XXXIV, and what does that individual tell Frank?
3. What do Frank and Percy discuss in their heart-to-heart in Chapter XL?
4. How can the harpie Ella be described, and why does Phineas want her so badly?
5. How does Hazel react to the false memory Gaea gives her when she jumps into the hole in the earth after Percy in Chapter XLI, and what does this cause Gaea to do?
6. What suspicion that Frank has about himself does his grandmother confirm?
7. What happens in the prophetic dream Percy has while traveling to Portland in Chapter XXV?
8. What three forms of transportation do the trio end up using to get to the glacier?
9. After Frank, Hazel and Arion defeat Alcyoneus, why do they hear Gaea gloating.
10. Why is Thanatos surprised that Hazel wants to free him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the climax in the storyline for each of the main characters: Percy, Hazel, and Frank?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of teamwork in "Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune". How important was teamwork to the trio's success? Did the three main characters work equally well together, or did two work better together?
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether Hazel's power is a gift or a curse, using specific examples from the text.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)