|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hazel is fighting a giant in Chapter Chapter XLVI, what does Frank turn into first in order to help her?
2. Which member of the trio is NOT afraid of flying on Arion?
3. Gaea helped return Phineas from the dead. What does he give her in return?
4. What are the Amazon cages holding Percy and Frank located above?
5. In Chapter XXIX, where were Hazel and her mother sent, where no one remembered anything except Hazel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hazel react to the false memory Gaea gives her when she jumps into the hole in the earth after Percy in Chapter XLI, and what does this cause Gaea to do?
2. When the flying gryphons attack the train headed toward the glacier, how does the trio escape?
3. What is the plan to break Percy and Frank out of their holding cages that the Amazons have placed them in?
4. What challenge does the group upon landing in Canada in Chapter XXXIII?
5. When Hazel blacks out in Chapter XXIX, Frank grabs her hands and goes with her. What do they see in her dream/memory?
6. How is Alcyoneus finally killed?
7. After the earth swallows Percy and Hazel jumps in after him, what false memory does Gaea plant for Hazel?
8. What is Phineas' deal with Gaea, and why does it make him so happy?
9. Who does Frank find at his grandmother's bedside in Chapter XXXIV, and what does that individual tell Frank?
10. After Frank, Hazel and Arion defeat Alcyoneus, why do they hear Gaea gloating.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the climax in the storyline for each of the main characters: Percy, Hazel, and Frank?
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether Hazel's power is a gift or a curse, using specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Which of the three main characters - Percy, Hazel, and Frank - experienced the most growth in character throughout "Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune"?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)