|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Hazel and Percy inspecting weapons, as Frank prepares to speak with his grandmother in Chapter XXXV?
(a) The basement.
(b) The attic.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The living room.
2. In Chapter XLI, Gaea tells Hazel she can have a wonderful life with a happy mother and marry the boy she loved, if she just does what?
(a) Lets Percy go.
(b) Kills Frank.
(c) Lead Percy and Frank away from Alaska.
(d) Hands Ella over to Phineas.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Frank's grandmother?
(d) Loves Frank.
4. Where is Arion able to fly the group to before the chariot breaks to pieces?
5. What does the visitor by Frank's grandmother's bedside tell Frank about Percy?
(a) Percy will soon seek Frank's advice, but die when he doesn't take it.
(b) Percy is the only one who can save Frank's grandmother from dying.
(c) Percy will soon die, and it will be Frank's fault.
(d) Percy will soon need to make a decision that he can't make without Frank's help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Thanatos surprises Frank and Percy?
2. Which member of the trio is NOT afraid of flying on Arion?
3. Who blinded Phineas?
4. In Chapter XXIX, where were Hazel and her mother sent, where no one remembered anything except Hazel?
5. Who shows up as the trio is talking to Thanatos in Chapter XLIV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Arion, and what is the Amazon legend associated with him?
2. How does Hazel react to the false memory Gaea gives her when she jumps into the hole in the earth after Percy in Chapter XLI, and what does this cause Gaea to do?
3. What do Frank and Percy discuss in their heart-to-heart in Chapter XL?
4. Why does Percy slightly change what Arion says through translation?
5. While the group is flying to Alaska in Chapter XXXVII, what dream does Percy have?
6. What is the plan that Frank, Percy and Hazel come up with on Frank's grandmother's roof? Is it successful?
7. As the glacier is breaking under their feet, what two things does Hazel ask Thanatos, and what is his response?
8. When Hazel blacks out in Chapter XXIX, Frank grabs her hands and goes with her. What do they see in her dream/memory?
9. Who does Frank find at his grandmother's bedside in Chapter XXXIV, and what does that individual tell Frank?
10. What is the plan to break Percy and Frank out of their holding cages that the Amazons have placed them in?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)