|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter XVI, who does Phineas say he works for?
2. When must Hazel and Frank make it back to Camp Jupiter by in order to spare more people from dying at the hands of Gaea?
(a) By the Feast of Fortuna.
(b) By the Feast of Apollo.
(c) By midnight.
(d) By the following day.
3. Who is responsible for freeing Thanatos from his frozen chains?
4. Who blinded Phineas?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Frank's grandmother?
(a) Loves Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is terrified of flying in the airplane in Chapter XXXVII?
2. When Frank finds Ella in the attic in Chapter XXVI, what prophesy does she share with him?
3. Who did Percy try to contact in Chapter XXV, but the signal was blocked?
4. When the train is attacked by large winged beasts in Chapter XXXVIII, what do the other tourists think the bests are?
5. While sleeping on the plane to Alaska, Percy dreams of a cyclops; where does he give the cyclops directions to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the prophetic dream Percy has while traveling to Portland in Chapter XXV?
2. What do Frank and Percy discuss in their heart-to-heart in Chapter XL?
3. What is Phineas' deal with Gaea, and why does it make him so happy?
4. What suspicion that Frank has about himself does his grandmother confirm?
5. Why is Thanatos surprised that Hazel wants to free him?
6. When the flying gryphons attack the train headed toward the glacier, how does the trio escape?
7. What is the plan to break Percy and Frank out of their holding cages that the Amazons have placed them in?
8. Why does Percy slightly change what Arion says through translation?
9. After the earth swallows Percy and Hazel jumps in after him, what false memory does Gaea plant for Hazel?
10. When Hazel blacks out in Chapter XXIX, Frank grabs her hands and goes with her. What do they see in her dream/memory?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)