|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the goddess Juno give Frank when he was young to protect him?
(a) A magic stone that will save his life.
(b) The ability to tell when people are lying.
(c) The ability to see the future through his dreams.
(d) A half-burned piece of wood.
2. What is the name of the seer Iris suggests Frank seek out?
3. How does Frank get rid of the objects Polybotes left behind?
(a) He pushes them down a hill.
(b) He floods the street to wash them away.
(c) He pours water over them to disengage them.
(d) He knows how to unwire them.
4. Who does Iris ask to stay behind in Chapter XXI and talk with her?
(b) No one.
5. What does Percy knock Sthenos out with in Chapter I?
(a) A rock.
(b) A car jack.
(c) His fist.
(d) A food tray.
6. What does Hazel's mother call herself?
(a) Queen Marie.
(b) Marie Antoine.
(c) Queen Mary.
(d) Mary Queen.
7. Who is Thanatos?
(a) Guardian of the dead.
(b) God of the future.
(c) Guardian of the past.
(d) God of the land.
8. What does the old woman say will happen to Percy's loved ones if he does not do what she wants him to in Chapter II?
(a) They will be destroyed.
(b) They will turn on him, one-by-one.
(c) They will no longer recognize or remember him.
(d) One of them will mysteriously die each year until they are all gone.
9. During the war game in Chapter XI, what does Percy use his power to do?
(a) Dream about the future so he'd know what the other players planned to do.
(b) Explode the water cannons.
(c) Start a fire to distract the other players.
(d) Find tunnels.
10. Which two individuals is Percy dreaming of at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
(a) Frank and Grover.
(b) Grover and Annebeth.
(c) Hazel and Frank.
(d) Hazel and Annebeth.
11. Who is the one child nice to Hazel, as seen in her flashback in Chapter VI?
(a) Her cousin, Sean.
(b) A boy named Sammy.
(c) A girl named Sally.
(d) A boy named Theo.
12. What does Sthenos offer Percy to eat?
(a) Cheese sandwiches.
(b) Cheese n' wieners.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Hot dogs.
13. What does Octavian say at the Senate meeting about the quest?
(a) He calls it a "suicide mission."
(b) He says they have already failed by selecting those these individuals to go on the quest.
(c) He said he cannot bare to think about the dangers they will encounter on the quest.
(d) He calls it "irresponsible."
14. How can the emergency Senate meeting be summed up?
(a) Not productive.
(b) Extremely productive.
15. What does Iris tell Frank he is destined to be holding when he dies?
(a) A rock.
(b) His true love.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's surname, Zhang, mean?
2. What is the last thing that happens to Frank and Hazel in Chapter XVIII?
3. What is Ploybotes' army made up of?
4. Which of the following descriptions does Percy NOT use to describe the old woman he sees sitting by the hillside in Chapter II?
5. Why are Frank, Hazel, and Percy required to attend the Senate meeting in Chapter XIII?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)