|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a private meeting at the beginning of Chapter XV?
(a) Reyna and Hazel.
(b) Frank and Hazel.
(c) Reyna and Percy.
(d) Frank and Percy.
2. What ailment is Percy suffering from?
(b) An arrow wound.
(d) His magic has disappeared.
3. What year is Hazel actually from?
4. What does the old woman say will happen to Percy's loved ones if he does not do what she wants him to in Chapter II?
(a) They will turn on him, one-by-one.
(b) One of them will mysteriously die each year until they are all gone.
(c) They will be destroyed.
(d) They will no longer recognize or remember him.
5. What did Percy and Annebeth do when they met Reyna in the past?
(a) Destroyed her spa.
(b) Teased her for poor fighting skills.
(c) Saved her from a giant.
(d) Attended the same feast as her.
6. What does Octavian say at the Senate meeting about the quest?
(a) He calls it "irresponsible."
(b) He calls it a "suicide mission."
(c) He said he cannot bare to think about the dangers they will encounter on the quest.
(d) He says they have already failed by selecting those these individuals to go on the quest.
7. In Hazel's memory in Chapter XVII, who took over her mother's body at night?
8. Who is Hazel's brother?
9. What do Karpoi represent?
(a) Every human emotion.
(b) The grasses and grains in the world.
(c) All forms of extreme weather.
(d) All the liquid in the world.
10. What is the last thing that happens to Frank and Hazel in Chapter XVIII?
(a) They are attacked.
(b) They admit feelings toward one another.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They both black out.
11. How do the Senate members feel about Frank, Percy, and Hazel being the ones selected for the quest?
(a) They are split between those who support the decision and those who oppose it.
(b) They all support the decision.
(c) They all disagree with the decision.
(d) There is only one member of the Senate who does not support the decision.
12. Who does Iris send off with Hazel and Percy to try to send a message to Camp Jupiter in Chapter XXI?
(c) No one.
13. How long has Jason Grey been missing in Chapter III?
(a) Five years.
(b) Five months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Eight years.
14. As Frank walks to the war game with Percy and Hazel in Chapter X, what day from his past is he thinking about?
(a) His mother's funeral.
(b) A time he'd gotten lost in the fog.
(c) His 13th birthday.
(d) A note he'd received from his father.
15. What is the setting of the beginning of the novel?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of there being 12 giants created?
2. What does the old woman whom Percy sees on the hillside in Chapter II say her name is?
3. What two groups does Frank's grandmother say have a lot in common in Chapter X?
4. Who do Percy and Reyna agree should not replace Jason as Reyna's partner?
5. What does Iris tell Frank he can do, just like she did?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)