Lesson 1 (from Percy: Chs. I - IV (1 - 4))
Percy: Chs. I - IV (1 - 4)
The author of "Heroes of Olympus, Book Two: The Son of Neptune" is Rick Riordan. The objective of this lesson is to learn more about the author, Rick Riordan, in order to help set expectations for this novel.
1. Partner Research: With a selected partner, research at least three other books by Rick Riordan. For each book, find the following information:
- Title and year of publication.
- A one-two paragraph synopsis of the book.
- Genre of the book.
- Any awards the book won or was nominated for.
Have the pairs share their information with the class until a master list of Riodan's books, and information about each book, has been created.
2. Class Discussion: How many books has Riordan written? How many of Riordan's books are award-winning? Which awards has he won for his writing? Does he always...
This section contains 7,110 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)