|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second task of the man-hero is to transcend the _________ spiritually.
2. The Hero has two problems when he returns. One problem is that he needs to present what he has learned to those who ___________ his message.
(a) Don't care about
(b) Don't believe
(c) Don't want to hear
(d) Don't understand
3. Who is the transforming medium?
(a) The father of the world
(b) The spirit of the earth
(c) The mother of the world
(d) The Hero
4. Death is the opportunity for ______ with the Unmoved Mover.
5. When myths are reinterpreted from older times to modern times, the link between the perspectives is ___________.
(d) Made clear
Short Answer Questions
1. Intellect and language are too ________; symbols and myth are boundless in their capacity.
2. Since _____ can be dangerous, Campbell suggests this is why it is marked by detailed, mythically grounded prayer.
3. The _______ exists in the conscious; the conscious opens itself to the sub-conscious.
4. What does Campbell say this ritual in #125 really is a ritual of?
5. The characteristics of the physical world are ultimately a kind of ___________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)