|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As human society and culture evolves, so do its mythic ___________.
2. What can not be directly compared to dream?
(c) Spiritual texts
3. What is the simple answer to why the Hero would want to return to a world after his journey?
(a) It's impossible to avoid.
(b) It's part of the book.
(c) There is no simple answer.
(d) It's necessary.
4. The man-hero needs to go on a quest for the identity of his __________.
5. The Hero is free to live because he has lived true _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology...the ________ goes out of it.
2. In reference to the Hero, Campbell writes, "...the Law lives in him with his unreserved __________."
3. What is the purpose of baptism, at least on its surface?
4. What is the experience of the outer world in relation to the psychological interpretation of the answer to #140?
5. The end of the life of the _______ is portrayed as a return to the state in which life and consciousness came into being.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "universal round"?
2. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
3. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
4. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
5. What does Campbell say happens when the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history, or science?
6. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
7. Summarize "Within Space - Life."
8. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
9. What are some of the symbols Campbell points out in the Christian sacrament of baptism?
10. What does Campbell do in "The Keys"?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)