|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the example of the literal/physical ascent into Heaven?
(a) Christ's prayer
(b) Christ's death
(c) Christ's transfiguration
(d) Christ's crucifixion
2. When myths are reinterpreted from older times to modern times, the link between the perspectives is ___________.
(a) Made clear
3. Campbell suggests that humanity has become too ___________ and too individualistic to have room for that which transcends that physical world.
4. The _______ exists in the conscious; the conscious opens itself to the sub-conscious.
5. Separation of ___________ is a universal symbol for the separation from the spirit.
(a) Yin and yang
(b) Right and wrong
(c) Truth and fiction
(d) Male and female
Short Answer Questions
1. And as a continuation of #110, the Hero also has to ___________ what he's learned.
2. Who is shown a vision of the infinite all-powerful Krishna?
3. It can be dangerous to to interpret myths solely as _______ of historical events and circumstances.
4. "The freedom won from the malice of the monster....is symbolized as a _________."
5. The place of the Hero's ____....is the mid-point or navel of the world.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "The Crossing of the Return Threshold."
2. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
3. Summarize "The Universal Round."
4. Summarize "Within Space - Life."
5. What is the "universal round"?
6. Where is the place of the Hero's birth?
7. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
8. Describe the content of "Childhood of the Human Hero."
9. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
10. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)