|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campbell quote at length in this section?
(b) Kata Vata
(c) Scandanavian bedtime stories
(d) Kretilan verse
2. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
3. What is the simple answer to why the Hero would want to return to a world after his journey?
(a) It's necessary.
(b) It's impossible to avoid.
(c) There is no simple answer.
(d) It's part of the book.
4. Dreams have a direct relationship with the individual experience of the ___________.
(b) Understanding of the analyst
5. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology...the ________ goes out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spouse of the mother universe is the ____________.
2. Who is shown a vision of the infinite all-powerful Krishna?
3. What includes specific references, that Campbell quotes, to the human body becoming one with the parts of the gods?
4. The second task of the man-hero is to transcend the _________ spiritually.
5. Who is the goddess from the Hindu goddess-virgin story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
2. What does Campbell do in "The Keys"?
3. What is the end of the life in the universe portrayed as in this section?
4. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
5. What does Campbell stress about the idea of symbols?
6. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
7. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
8. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
9. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
10. Summarize "The Universal Round."
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)