|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Campbell notes that many cultures have an explanation for the process of life/noise emerging from ________.
2. The _______ exists in the conscious; the conscious opens itself to the sub-conscious.
3. Who destroyed the civilizations of the race that had conquered his own?
(a) King Sargon
(b) King Sanloy
(c) King Barbar
(d) King Alphonsus
4. Before emergence, spirit was all _______.
(c) The same
(d) An illusion
5. What kind of element is the fire of the ritual in #125?
(b) Both genders
Short Answer Questions
1. Whenever the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography...it is ________.
2. The man-hero needs to go on a quest for the identity of his __________.
3. "The aim is not to _______, but to realize that one is, that essence."
4. The place of the Hero's ____....is the mid-point or navel of the world.
5. The Hero is free to live because he has lived true _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
2. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
3. What does Campbell stress about the idea of symbols?
4. Where is the place of the Hero's birth?
5. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
6. Summarize "The Crossing of the Return Threshold."
7. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
8. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
9. What does the "Shape-shifter" point out?
10. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)