|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the goddess from the Hindu goddess-virgin story?
2. The end of the life of the _______ is portrayed as a return to the state in which life and consciousness came into being.
3. The man-hero needs to go on a quest for the identity of his __________.
4. And as a continuation of #110, the Hero also has to ___________ what he's learned.
(b) Hold onto
5. The second task of the man-hero is to transcend the _________ spiritually.
Short Answer Questions
1. Intellect and language are too ________; symbols and myth are boundless in their capacity.
2. What kind of element is the water of the ritual in #125?
3. The Hero's reward is to live without __________ to the world and to daily life.
4. "The aim is not to _______, but to realize that one is, that essence."
5. Since _____ can be dangerous, Campbell suggests this is why it is marked by detailed, mythically grounded prayer.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "The Crossing of the Return Threshold."
2. Describe the content of "Childhood of the Human Hero."
3. Summarize "The Universal Round."
4. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
5. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
6. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
7. What is the "universal round"?
8. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
9. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
10. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)