|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Campbell believes that Christianity has turned the stories of the Bible from symbolic meanings to shallow _______.
2. Myths have a direct relationship with the __________ experience of humanity.
3. The world ________ is also _______.
(a) Without, within
(b) Above, below
(c) Beneath, above
(d) Around, above
4. What kind of element is the water of the ritual in #125?
(b) Both genders
5. The Hero's reward is to live without __________ to the world and to daily life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Campbell notes that many cultures have an explanation for the process of life/noise emerging from ________.
2. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology...the ________ goes out of it.
3. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
4. It can be dangerous to to interpret myths solely as _______ of historical events and circumstances.
5. Since _____ can be dangerous, Campbell suggests this is why it is marked by detailed, mythically grounded prayer.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
2. Summarize "Within Space - Life."
3. What does Campbell stress about the idea of symbols?
4. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
5. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
6. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
7. Where is the place of the Hero's birth?
8. What does the "Shape-shifter" point out?
9. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
10. Summarize "The Universal Round."
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)