|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Campbell suggests that humanity has become too ___________ and too individualistic to have room for that which transcends that physical world.
2. The place of the Hero's ____....is the mid-point or navel of the world.
3. The goal is an ultimate reunion between physical and _________ worlds.
4. What does Campbell say this ritual in #125 really is a ritual of?
5. What is the first effect of the cosmogonic emanations of universal power?
(a) Energy buildup
(c) Framing of the world stage of space
(d) Vibrating noises
Short Answer Questions
1. The spouse of the mother universe is the ____________.
2. What includes specific references, that Campbell quotes, to the human body becoming one with the parts of the gods?
3. As human society and culture evolves, so do its mythic ___________.
4. Who is shown a vision of the infinite all-powerful Krishna?
5. Death can be just as dangerous as the journey into _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "universal round"?
2. What are some of the symbols Campbell points out in the Christian sacrament of baptism?
3. What does Campbell say happens when the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history, or science?
4. Describe the content of "Childhood of the Human Hero."
5. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
6. Summarize "The Crossing of the Return Threshold."
7. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
8. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
9. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
10. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)