|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for one emergence, one living, and one return?
(a) Cosmogonic cycle
(b) Universal round
(c) Creation theory
2. What is Campbell really saying is endless in terms of its process?
(c) Experience with spirit
3. What kind of element is the water of the ritual in #125?
(a) Both genders
4. What is the example of the literal/physical ascent into Heaven?
(a) Christ's death
(b) Christ's prayer
(c) Christ's crucifixion
(d) Christ's transfiguration
5. What does Campbell quote at length in this section?
(a) Scandanavian bedtime stories
(b) Kretilan verse
(c) Kata Vata
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first effect of the cosmogonic emanations of universal power?
2. The process through which humanity emerges and returns to that from which it emerged is called the ______ cycle.
3. What is the simple answer to why the Hero would want to return to a world after his journey?
4. Over time, the ______ myths have evolved to incorporate symbols and meanings more relevant to those who hear them.
5. Where are the Maori from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the place of the Hero's birth?
2. What does the "Shape-shifter" point out?
3. What is the "universal round"?
4. What does Campbell say happens when the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history, or science?
5. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
6. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
7. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
8. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
9. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
10. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)