|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Maori from?
(b) New Zealand
(d) New Guinea
2. What is the first effect of the cosmogonic emanations of universal power?
(b) Energy buildup
(c) Vibrating noises
(d) Framing of the world stage of space
3. At what age was the destiny of the Celtic warrior hero manifested?
(a) 4 years old
(b) 1 year old
(c) 5 years old
(d) 18 years old
4. And as a continuation of #110, the Hero also has to ___________ what he's learned.
(c) Hold onto
5. What is the term for one emergence, one living, and one return?
(a) Creation theory
(b) Universal round
(d) Cosmogonic cycle
Short Answer Questions
1. The characteristics of the physical world are ultimately a kind of ___________.
2. It can be dangerous to to interpret myths solely as _______ of historical events and circumstances.
3. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology...the ________ goes out of it.
4. Death is the opportunity for ______ with the Unmoved Mover.
5. Who journeyed to the land of timelessness, learned much and came back on the back of a mystical horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "Within Space - Life."
2. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
3. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
4. What does Campbell do in "The Keys"?
5. Describe the content of "Childhood of the Human Hero."
6. What does the "Shape-shifter" point out?
7. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
8. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
9. Summarize "The Universal Round."
10. What is the "universal round"?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)