|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the goddess from the Hindu goddess-virgin story?
2. Who destroyed the civilizations of the race that had conquered his own?
(a) King Sargon
(b) King Sanloy
(c) King Barbar
(d) King Alphonsus
3. Death is the opportunity for ______ with the Unmoved Mover.
4. The _______ exists in the conscious; the conscious opens itself to the sub-conscious.
5. "The aim is not to _______, but to realize that one is, that essence."
(c) Give up
Short Answer Questions
1. Who journeyed to the land of timelessness, learned much and came back on the back of a mystical horse?
2. The world ________ is also _______.
3. What is the second effect of the cosmogonic emanations of universal power?
4. What does Campbell say this ritual in #125 really is a ritual of?
5. The process through which humanity emerges and returns to that from which it emerged is called the ______ cycle.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "The Universal Round."
2. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
3. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
4. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
5. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
6. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
7. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
8. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
9. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
10. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)