|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Separation of ___________ is a universal symbol for the separation from the spirit.
(a) Right and wrong
(b) Yin and yang
(c) Truth and fiction
(d) Male and female
2. Every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to become a __________.
3. What is one way, Campbell suggests, humans can use to separate themselves from their outer layers and connect with spirit?
4. The world ________ is also _______.
(a) Without, within
(b) Around, above
(c) Beneath, above
(d) Above, below
5. The end of the life of the _______ is portrayed as a return to the state in which life and consciousness came into being.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the human being in question become at one with the source of human energy during this pattern of #140?
2. When myths are reinterpreted from older times to modern times, the link between the perspectives is ___________.
3. Over time, the ______ myths have evolved to incorporate symbols and meanings more relevant to those who hear them.
4. At what age was the destiny of the Celtic warrior hero manifested?
5. The man-hero needs to go on a quest for the identity of his __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the content of "Childhood of the Human Hero."
2. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
3. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
4. What does the "Shape-shifter" point out?
5. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
6. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
7. What is the end of the life in the universe portrayed as in this section?
8. What does Campbell do in "The Keys"?
9. Summarize "The Universal Round."
10. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)