|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. And as a continuation of #110, the Hero also has to ___________ what he's learned.
(a) Hold onto
2. What is the simple answer to why the Hero would want to return to a world after his journey?
(a) It's part of the book.
(b) It's impossible to avoid.
(c) There is no simple answer.
(d) It's necessary.
3. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
4. At what age was the destiny of the Celtic warrior hero manifested?
(a) 4 years old
(b) 18 years old
(c) 1 year old
(d) 5 years old
5. The future of each life is contained in the various manifestations of the _____________.
(b) Universal goddess
Short Answer Questions
1. The goal is an ultimate reunion between physical and _________ worlds.
2. The Hero is often endowed with the ability to pass back and forth between ______________.
3. Myths have a direct relationship with the __________ experience of humanity.
4. "The freedom won from the malice of the monster....is symbolized as a _________."
5. The end of the life of the _______ is portrayed as a return to the state in which life and consciousness came into being.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
2. What does Campbell say happens when the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history, or science?
3. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
4. What are some of the symbols Campbell points out in the Christian sacrament of baptism?
5. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
6. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
7. What does Campbell stress about the idea of symbols?
8. Where is the place of the Hero's birth?
9. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
10. What is the "universal round"?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)