|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Death is the opportunity for ______ with the Unmoved Mover.
2. Separation of ___________ is a universal symbol for the separation from the spirit.
(a) Right and wrong
(b) Male and female
(c) Yin and yang
(d) Truth and fiction
3. Whenever the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography...it is ________.
(a) Made powerful
(d) Made more relevant
4. What is the simple answer to why the Hero would want to return to a world after his journey?
(a) There is no simple answer.
(b) It's impossible to avoid.
(c) It's necessary.
(d) It's part of the book.
5. Symbols are only the ________ of communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. The world ________ is also _______.
2. What is the first effect of the cosmogonic emanations of universal power?
3. Campbell notes that many cultures have an explanation for the process of life/noise emerging from ________.
4. What is the term for one emergence, one living, and one return?
5. And as a continuation of #110, the Hero also has to ___________ what he's learned.
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
2. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
3. What does Campbell suggest every individual member of the human race has a responsibility to do?
4. Summarize "Within Space - Life."
5. Summarize "The Universal Round."
6. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
7. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
8. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
9. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
10. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)