|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Death is the opportunity for ______ with the Unmoved Mover.
2. And as a continuation of #110, the Hero also has to ___________ what he's learned.
(a) Hold onto
3. The man-hero's third task is to _________ the destined power of his spirit.
(a) Believe in
(b) Read about
(d) Ask for
4. What is the purpose of baptism, at least on its surface?
(a) Bring person into the church
(b) Create a fresh start
(c) Help the church recognize that person
(d) Wash away original sin
5. What is Campbell really saying is endless in terms of its process?
(c) Experience with spirit
Short Answer Questions
1. What includes specific references, that Campbell quotes, to the human body becoming one with the parts of the gods?
2. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
3. What does this section "The Keys" summarize?
4. The spouse of the mother universe is the ____________.
5. Symbols are only the ________ of communication.
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
2. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
3. What does Campbell do in "The Keys"?
4. Describe the content of "Childhood of the Human Hero."
5. What does Campbell stress about the idea of symbols?
6. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
7. Where is the place of the Hero's birth?
8. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
9. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
10. Summarize "The Matrix of Destiny."
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)