|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way, Campbell suggests, humans can use to separate themselves from their outer layers and connect with spirit?
2. The _______ exists in the conscious; the conscious opens itself to the sub-conscious.
3. The Hero is often endowed with the ability to pass back and forth between ______________.
(a) Truth and disbelief
(b) Right and wrong
(c) The two worlds
(d) Spirit and non-spirit
4. Who is the goddess from the Hindu goddess-virgin story?
5. What is the purpose of baptism, at least on its surface?
(a) Create a fresh start
(b) Bring person into the church
(c) Wash away original sin
(d) Help the church recognize that person
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose example of centuries long sleep does Campbell use?
2. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
3. What is Campbell really saying is endless in terms of its process?
4. What is the term for one emergence, one living, and one return?
5. The spouse of the mother universe is the ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the end of the life in the universe portrayed as in this section?
2. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
3. What are some of the symbols Campbell points out in the Christian sacrament of baptism?
4. Why can't myths be compared directly to dreams?
5. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
6. Summarize "Transformations of the Hero" and "The Primordial Hero and the Human."
7. Campbell goes into detail about the relationship between what two things?
8. Over time, what has happened to core myths, according to Campbell?
9. What is the "universal round"?
10. Summarize "The Virgin Birth - Mother Universe."
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)