|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose example of centuries long sleep does Campbell use?
(a) Snow White
(b) Sleeping Beauty
(c) Rip Van Winkle
2. Who was conceived under supernatural circumstances but ruled with a strong connection to the real world?
(a) A Japanese princess
(c) An ancient Chinese emperor
3. What includes specific references, that Campbell quotes, to the human body becoming one with the parts of the gods?
(c) Book of the Dead
4. The goal is an ultimate reunion between physical and _________ worlds.
5. Campbell believes that Christianity has turned the stories of the Bible from symbolic meanings to shallow _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The freedom won from the malice of the monster....is symbolized as a _________."
2. Intellect and language are too ________; symbols and myth are boundless in their capacity.
3. As human society and culture evolves, so do its mythic ___________.
4. The world ________ is also _______.
5. Campbell notes that many cultures have an explanation for the process of life/noise emerging from ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is death portrayed as, according to Campbell?
2. How is the freedom won from the malice of the monster symbolized as?
3. What does Campbell do in "The Keys"?
4. Summarize "Out of the Void - Space."
5. What does Campbell stress about the idea of symbols?
6. What are some of the symbols Campbell points out in the Christian sacrament of baptism?
7. Summarize "Within Space - Life."
8. What occurs in "Freedom to Live"?
9. What occurs in "The Master of the Two Worlds"?
10. What does the "Shape-shifter" point out?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)