|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of myth is the story of the man who dreamed of killing his father and taking care of his mother?
2. What is NOT a symbol of this central item, as referenced in #25 and #26?
3. What kind of preacher was the author of the quote at the beginning of this chapter and section?
4. The first section of this chapter is "The Crossing of the _________ Threshold."
(c) Most Important
5. Who saw the Goddess Artemis nude and was unrepentant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
2. Who is the author of the quote at the beginning of this section?
3. What is the source of these inexhaustible energies?
4. The Hero's journey begins by "descending, either intentionally or unintentionally, into the crooked lanes of his own spiritual _________."
5. Heroes in what tend to bring enlightenment to the community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story Campbell uses to show the reader the beginning of the Hero's journey.
2. What happens when the Hero is a young woman? How does "The Meeting with the Goddess" take place?
3. By what are the Hero's first steps blocked?
4. What occurs as a result of the encounter with the Father?
5. How did cities note the presence of a world navel in their construction and layout?
6. What are some of the psychological weapons a Hero might use to get back the obstacle that lies in his path at the start?
7. Why does the Hero have to go through many trials?
8. What is the main idea in "Apotheosis"?
9. What is the idea of the "Supernatural Aid"?
10. What is the main content of the section, "The Hero and the God"?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)