|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person associated with journeying to find the Golden Fleece?
2. Who is the person/character/animal which announces the beginning of the journey?
(a) The raven
(b) The lark
(c) The soothsayer
(d) The herald
3. What does Campbell say all cities build in order to represent the idea of this central area?
(a) A pyre
(b) A pit
(c) A religious temple
(d) A library
4. Who is often portrayed as being one with his spouse, Shakti?
5. What is the center, a source from which all truth flows?
(a) The universe
(b) The void
(c) The blackness
(d) World navel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the androgynous figure Campbell reveals from Christianity?
2. The perilous journey [of the hero] was a labor not of attainment, but of ___________."
3. Who is the figure that returns with the Ten Commandments?
4. What Oriental philosophy corresponds with the idea of duality?
5. What is the ultimate example of #82?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "The Rescue from Without."
2. List three examples that Campbell uses to show the Hero's journey.
3. Describe the idea of "The Call to Adventure."
4. Summarize the content of "The Magic Flight."
5. Why does the Hero have to go through many trials?
6. Summarize "The Atonement with the Father."
7. What example does Campbell use to show the fact that dreams of contemporary individuals seem to play out stories from classical myths?
8. By what are the Hero's first steps blocked?
9. Summarize the concept of "The Ultimate Boon."
10. What is the main concept behind the section "The World Navel"?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)