|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As human society and culture evolves, so do its mythic ___________.
2. The goal is an ultimate reunion between physical and _________ worlds.
3. The process through which humanity emerges and returns to that from which it emerged is called the ______ cycle.
4. Intellect and language are too ________; symbols and myth are boundless in their capacity.
5. The end of the life of the _______ is portrayed as a return to the state in which life and consciousness came into being.
6. About Mary: "....her womb, remaining fallow as the primordial abyss, summons to itself...the original power that fertilized the _______."
(a) Human race
7. Where are the Maori from?
(a) New Guinea
(b) New Zealand
8. The world ________ is also _______.
(a) Without, within
(b) Around, above
(c) Beneath, above
(d) Above, below
9. The future of each life is contained in the various manifestations of the _____________.
(b) Universal goddess
10. The man-hero needs to go on a quest for the identity of his __________.
11. Over time, the ______ myths have evolved to incorporate symbols and meanings more relevant to those who hear them.
12. When a civilization begins to reinterpret its mythology...the ________ goes out of it.
13. Who is the transforming medium?
(a) The father of the world
(b) The spirit of the earth
(c) The mother of the world
(d) The Hero
14. What is the purpose of baptism, at least on its surface?
(a) Create a fresh start
(b) Help the church recognize that person
(c) Wash away original sin
(d) Bring person into the church
15. What kind of element is the fire of the ritual in #125?
(b) Both genders
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first effect of the cosmogonic emanations of universal power?
2. Who is shown a vision of the infinite all-powerful Krishna?
3. What does Campbell attempt to show relates within mythology?
4. At what age was the destiny of the Celtic warrior hero manifested?
5. What can not be directly compared to dream?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)