|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do the nurturing and life giving aspects of the Ogre Father and Goddess Mother archetypes correspond?
(b) Freudian pathos
(c) Freudian eros
2. After the first threshold, what immediately happens to the Hero?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He ends his journey.
(c) He is swallowed.
(d) He becomes reborn.
3. Whose temptation and transcendence does Campbell discuss in this section?
(c) Common man
4. Who has surpassing beauty or surpassing ugliness?
(a) The Goddess
(b) The Guardian
(c) The Aid
(d) The Hero
5. In spite of humanity's fondness for happy endings, [life] has only one ending - what is it?
6. Swallowing, Campbell suggests, is a symbol of a kind of spiritual _______.
7. Who are supposed to be following a world "redeemer" and are better known to history for their colonial barbarity?
(b) Spiritual leaders
(c) Christian nations
8. The Hero must accomplish the task of #77 or he will face ________.
(b) A bigger threat than the God
(d) Enlightenment too soon
9. What has summoned the Hero and transferred his spiritual center of gravity from within the pale of his society to a zone unknown?
10. What does the Hero have to conquer in order to gain knowledge?
(a) His family
(c) His faith
11. The title of this section is "__________ with the Father."
12. Who saw the Goddess Artemis nude and was unrepentant?
13. What does Campbell say are used to signify and to assist in the breaking of the attachment to one's parent?
14. In many Hero stories, the Hero decides __________ after his journey.
(a) To die
(b) Not to return
(c) To find another journey
(d) To return
15. "The adventure is always and everywhere a passage beyond the ____ of the known into the unknown."
Short Answer Questions
1. What joins at this central area as described in #28?
2. Whose attempt to rescue his sister from the underworld failed, causing him to be pursued by demons?
3. What is a narrative form anchored in the pain and fear of that ultimate truth of death?
4. Comedy and tragedy are both aspects of the same experience of _______.
5. The encounter with the Father is a symbol of ________.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)