Short Answer Key
Prologue: Section 1
1. Which section deals with the theories about the importance and/or presence of myth in human culture, society, and individual experience?
2. "______ is the secret opening through which the inexhaustible energies of the cosmos pour into human cultural manifestation."
3. What is the source of these inexhaustible energies?
4. What is the term for experiences, ideas, or beliefs that differ in species from individual to individual and culture to culture, but which in their broadest outlines manifest basic human truths?
5. What kind of myth is the story of the man who dreamed of killing his father and taking care of his mother?
6. What does Campbell say are used to signify and to assist in the breaking of the attachment to one's parent?
7. Who is the central figure in the second example offered by Campbell,...
This section contains 2,712 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)